No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee signs Zaza Pachulia to a three-year - good piece for them.

Comment

• ZaZa has a quick release and a great eye for court positioning for offensive rebounds. He's not very strong though. Looking forward to seeing him against JV.

Comment

• for some strange, likely sadistic, reason, I am really enjoying the quiet zen vibe that is radiating from Masai's office this off season. Frustrated. Confused. But at peace. Odd.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
          I remember Billups saying he wanted to play for Miami next season. He'd still get minutes and would likely be on the winning team. I expect that to happen.
          So I went to find something to corroborate what you're saying. There's a story from almost a month ago saying he would have interest in Miami. He also says he'd consider all options. It was also a Fox Sports Florida story.

I mean, if this was going to happen, why haven't they agreed on a deal yet? I doubt he's looking for big money if he were to join the Heat. I can only assume the Heat don't really have interest. They don't lack veteran leadership, and they don't need an old PG to run the 2nd unit. They don't lack shooters. Oh, and also they have Norris Cole still under contract, who they like because of the speed he brings off the bench.

I have no clue where Billups will go, but I think he might actually go somewhere other than Miami. If he goes to Miami, I don't know that he'll actually get to play very much.

How I found the Miami story, and all Billups related stuff this offseason
          http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/chauncey_billups

Comment

• Best of the rest:

Solid Free Agents Still Are Available

The bigger names in this year’s class are dropping off the board quickly, but there are still a plethora of guys remaining on the market who can make a positive contribution to a team’s roster this season.

Point Guard: Brandon Jennings (RFA), Jeff Teague (RFA), Aaron Brooks, Will Bynum, Nate Robinson, Toney Douglas, D.J. Augustin, Chauncey Billups, Sebastian Telfair, Mo Williams, Nolan Smith, Jamaal Tinsley and Beno Udrih.

Shooting Guard: Richard Hamilton, Leandro Barbosa, Monta Ellis, Randy Foye, Nick Young, Wayne Ellington, Gerald Henderson (RFA), Ronnie Brewer, Gary Neal, Dahntay Jones and Daequan Cook.

Small Forward: Corey Brewer, Reggie Williams, Andrei Kirilenko, Carlos Delfino, Tracy McGrady, Corey Maggette, and Xavier Henry.

Power Forward: Tyrus Thomas, Ivan Johnson, Elton Brand, Anthony Tolliver, Tyler Hansbrough, Kenyon Martin, Jason Maxiell, J.J. Hickson, DeJuan Blair, Antawn Jamison, Luke Walton, Byron Mullens, Marreese Speights and Louis Amundson.

Center: Timofey Mozgov (RFA), Andrew Bynum, Chris Kaman, Samuel Dalembert, Chris Andersen, Ryan Hollins, Nikola Pekovic (RFA), Ronny Turiaf, Cole Aldrich and Joel Pryzbilla.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-sunday...-still-in-play

Ouch.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Best of the rest:

Solid Free Agents Still Are Available

The bigger names in this year’s class are dropping off the board quickly, but there are still a plethora of guys remaining on the market who can make a positive contribution to a team’s roster this season.

Point Guard: Brandon Jennings (RFA), Jeff Teague (RFA), Aaron Brooks, Will Bynum, Nate Robinson, Toney Douglas, D.J. Augustin, Chauncey Billups, Sebastian Telfair, Mo Williams, Nolan Smith, Jamaal Tinsley and Beno Udrih.

Shooting Guard: Richard Hamilton, Leandro Barbosa, Monta Ellis, Randy Foye, Nick Young, Wayne Ellington, Gerald Henderson (RFA), Ronnie Brewer, Gary Neal, Dahntay Jones and Daequan Cook.

Small Forward: Corey Brewer, Reggie Williams, Andrei Kirilenko, Carlos Delfino, Tracy McGrady, Corey Maggette, and Xavier Henry.

Power Forward: Tyrus Thomas, Ivan Johnson, Elton Brand, Anthony Tolliver, Tyler Hansbrough, Kenyon Martin, Jason Maxiell, J.J. Hickson, DeJuan Blair, Antawn Jamison, Luke Walton, Byron Mullens, Marreese Speights and Louis Amundson.

Center: Timofey Mozgov (RFA), Andrew Bynum, Chris Kaman, Samuel Dalembert, Chris Andersen, Ryan Hollins, Nikola Pekovic (RFA), Ronny Turiaf, Cole Aldrich and Joel Pryzbilla.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-sunday...-still-in-play

Ouch.
              I bolded the only ones I like
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• This is what I mean about the quietness. It really seems Masai is just waiting to see what parts of this team are worth keeping. There are definitely some pieces on that list than can help fill out the team without clouding the picture.

Comment

• I could see Ujiri going after two of these guys these guys

Point Guard: Chauncey Billups, Nolan Smith, Jamaal Tinsley and Beno Udrih.
                  Power Forward: Ivan Johnson, Elton Brand, Tyler Hansbrough, Jason Maxiell, J.J. Hickson, DeJuan Blair, Marreese Speights, and Brendan Wright

Bolded are the ones i want to see on the Raptors

Comment

• It's hard to find a good SF and as soon as we get one everyone wants to trade him away. Rudy's contract is not the one that worries me. Fields and Klieza (only due to the injury) have the worst contracts on this roster. If we can trade Fields and picks (2nd rounders) for an expiring contract we would be a lot better off next off season. We would roughly have $25mil for free agents next year (although we do not do well in free agency). We would have a core of Gay, DeMar, Ross, JV, Amir, and our 2014 draft pick. If JV and Ross can make big strides, this would be good roster going forward.
                    Last edited by saints91; Sun Jul 7, 2013, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                      It's hard to find a good SF and as soon as we get one everyone wants to trade him away. Rudy's contract is not the one that worries me. Fields and Klieza (only due to the injury) have the worst contracts on this roster. If we can trade Fields and picks (2nd rounders) for an expiring contract we would be a lot better off next off season. We would roughly have $25mil for free agents next year (although we do not do well in free agency). We would have a core of Gay, DeMar, Ross, JV, Amir, and our 2014 draft pick. If JV and Ross can make big strides, this would be great going forward.
                      Thank you for that first line. That's exactly the way I feel.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

It's hard to find a good SF and as soon as we get one everyone wants to trade him away. Rudy's contract is not the one that worries me. Fields and Klieza (only due to the injury) have the worst contracts on this roster. If we can trade Fields and picks (2nd rounders) for an expiring contract we would be a lot better off next off season. We would roughly have $25mil for free agents next year (although we do not do well in free agency). We would have a core of Gay, DeMar, Ross, JV, Amir, and our 2014 draft pick. If JV and Ross can make big strides, this would be good roster going forward.
                        Can you break down how we are getting 25M$ in capspace next year?
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          Can you break down how we are getting 25M$ in capspace next year?
                          Sorry I looked on Hoopshype but they were not counting the team options on the rookies. It would be closer to $12M without Fields. But still that adds a decent PG or PF

Comment

Sorry I looked on Hoopshype but they were not counting the team options on the rookies. It would be closer to $12M without Fields. But still that adds a decent PG or PF
                            That leaves you with $12M (minus 2014 rookie contract so more like $10M), a $2.6M top up exception, and minimum contracts to fill out this lineup:

PG: _____, Stone, _____
                            SG: DD, Ross, _____
                            SF: Gay, Novak, _____
                            PF: Amir, Acy, _____
                            C: JV, _____, _____

That also assumes no salary is added this season and someone took Fields for an expiring contract.....

Jeezus that is depressing.

Comment

• The 2014 pick could be a PG or PF, so that may fill a starting roster spot. But yep, that does not look good, unless JV and Ross make giant strides. Our other option is using some of our draft picks (Knicks 2016), and Fields to get a starting PF or PG. If we could target someone like Derrick Favors, I would feel a lot better about this roster.
                              Last edited by saints91; Sun Jul 7, 2013, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                                I bolded the only ones I like
                                I would add Tinsley, Hansbrough, and Dalembert to that list.

Comment

Working...
                                X