No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still really big on Billups. If this team needs a veteran with playoff* experience in a role that matters...I give you Chauncey Billups at back up PG.

*Correction...with championship experience.

Comment

• He'd be too expensive. It seems MU is content to be bargain bin shopping right now.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        He'd be too expensive. It seems MU is content to be bargain bin shopping right now.
        Why do you say he'd be expensive? He'd also probably be worth the price. I mean if they used maybe 2-3 million per for a year with a player option for a 2nd?..I think that would be enough. I don't think Billups is going to get a big offer anywhere. With him it's all about situation...but he also needs a chance to prove that he can play again. So give him a year. If he's not thrilled with where the team is at after the year...he can walk.

Comment

• I don't think it should be overlooked that this team has NEVER had that quality of leadership that Billups can bring. Not even Oakley, who was too abrasive compared to Billups. His locker room impact alone could add wins to this team.

Comment

• Pg's like Billups are gonna command a decent dollar. I could really see Detroit make a run at him.

I agree a pg who's a stabilizing force is a great thing, though. It's part of the reason Inw
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• *i wouldn't be upset if they traded Lowry, though I do like him.

Stupid iPhone and my fat fingers
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Why do you say he'd be expensive? He'd also probably be worth the price. I mean if they used maybe 2-3 million per for a year with a player option for a 2nd?..I think that would be enough. I don't think Billups is going to get a big offer anywhere. With him it's all about situation...but he also needs a chance to prove that he can play again. So give him a year. If he's not thrilled with where the team is at after the year...he can walk.
                Last year Billups made quite the big deal about going to a winning team at the least. imo from his pov, Detroit is probably as good a spot as any and I think I read where he was open to it.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  Pg's like Billups are gonna command a decent dollar. I could really see Detroit make a run at him.

I agree a pg who's a stabilizing force is a great thing, though. It's part of the reason Inw
                  he hasn't commmanded decent dollar in awhile. I don't know why you're under this impression. If someone thought he was a mid-level PG, he would've been signed as quick as guys like Jose and Jack. Or at least that's what my gut tells me.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                    Last year Billups made quite the big deal about going to a winning team at the least. imo from his pov, Detroit is probably as good a spot as any and I think I read where he was open to it.
                    He said he's open to everything. Detroit is hardly easy to argue as being ahead of Toronto in the building process.

The thing about him going to a winner...is that the winner has to want him. The Clips don't. The Heat don't really have the opportunity for him to play....NY maybe? I mean there are lots of options. But I see no reason Toronto can't make a strong bid.

Comment

• Well he was claimed off waivers when he was amnesty'd by new york meaning he had good value and then resigned by the clips, despite having Chris Paul there.

If we had a rookie or young PG in here I'd sign him for 3/4 milli for a couple years, sure. I'm not sure how much effect he'd actually have on Lowry though.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

He said he's open to everything. Detroit is hardly easy to argue as being ahead of Toronto in the building process.

The thing about him going to a winner...is that the winner has to want him. The Clips don't. The Heat don't really have the opportunity for him to play....NY maybe? I mean there are lots of options. But I see no reason Toronto can't make a strong bid.
                        Detroit is in better position to do anything in the next couple years than we are.

Plus nevermind his ties to the team to begin with.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Toronto could make a bid but imo MU has not shown any signs (apart from not doing much so far) which direction he is going in. Detroit on the other hand is looking "to compete" by signing Smith.

Comment

Toronto could make a bid but imo MU has not shown any signs (apart from not doing much so far) which direction he is going in. Detroit on the other hand is looking "to compete" by signing Smith.
                            Yeah....Detroit adding Smith still doesn't make them that good a team. That's kind of my point. Toronto has at least one solid player slotted at every position. Detroit has two guys who play the same position in Monroe and Drummond, and just signed a PF which makes it even harder to use Monroe and Drummond at the same time. They have holes everywhere else.

Billups is no fool. If Toronto is unappealing in the "win" sense, then so is Detroit...for sure. Detroit is a sentimental spot, but I think he only goes there if he thinks there's a good chance he retires after this year, because I can see him transitioning to the coaching or front office staff immediately after.

Comment

Yeah....Detroit adding Smith still doesn't make them that good a team. That's kind of my point. Toronto has at least one solid player slotted at every position. Detroit has two guys who play the same position in Monroe and Drummond, and just signed a PF which makes it even harder to use Monroe and Drummond at the same time. They have holes everywhere else.

Billups is no fool. If Toronto is unappealing in the "win" sense, then so is Detroit...for sure. Detroit is a sentimental spot, but I think he only goes there if he thinks there's a good chance he retires after this year, because I can see him transitioning to the coaching or front office staff immediately after.
                              My only point is that we as fans do not really know which direction MU is choosing to go for the coming season. There has been no evidence or even rumours that he has even sniffed around the f/a crowd so far. Hence my position/gut feel about Billups to TO. No question if it is confirmed that we want to put a competive team on the floor this coming season then trying to sign a Billups is a good thing. Sorry for the buzzkill.

Comment

My only point is that we as fans do not really know which direction MU is choosing to go for the coming season. There has been no evidence or even rumours that he has even sniffed around the f/a crowd so far. Hence my position/gut feel about Billups to TO. No question if it is confirmed that we want to put a competive team on the floor this coming season then trying to sign a Billups is a good thing. Sorry for the buzzkill.
                                Yeah, no worries. There's also been pretty much no real word from Billups camp what he's considering other than he seems to want to play for 2 more years. Obviously Detroit has shown interest, but Detroit has been leaking like a sinking ship, trying to look active in the market. If a deal was close we'd know. I'm sure he hopes to play for a winner if the situation is right. I don't think he wants to be a 3rd stringer. I'm looking at Houston, OKC and maybe SAS as threats. We'll see though. So far, like I said, it's been pretty quiet from Billups. Maybe he's not too sure what direction he wants to go in even.

Comment

Working...
                                X