Free Agency 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    Whatever happened to Jonny Flynn? Dig him up.
    We already have him. His name is Sabastian Telfair...

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
      To San Antonio: Marcus Camby + 2nd rounder from the Knickerbockers
      To Toronto: Matt Bonner/DeJuan Blair + Cory Joseph

Trade machine claims that it works out financially

I know, I know, I don't see one reason why San Antonio would do this either, but it is a nice thought ... don't you think?
      I don't think that trade happens under any circumstances, but I like Bonner. Still a good 3 pt shooter and he does defend a little bit. Always maximum effort. He's only making 3.6 million per. Not much chance to grab him.

Anybody know if he is still pursuing Canadian citizenship?
      Last edited by Puffer; Tue Jul 2, 2013, 07:51 AM.

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
        PG: Lowry
        SG: Derozan/Ross
        PF: Johnson/Acy
        SF: Gay/Novak
        C: Valanuciunas/Gray

Below is a list of potential free agents that seemed interesting to me by position, that could be had for 5 million or less.

PG: CJ Watson, DJ Augustin, Aaron brooks, Jarret Jack, Rodrigue Beaubois

SG: OJ Mayo, Leandro Barbosa, Tony Allen, Marco Bellineli, Marquis Daniels, Randy Foye

SF: Carlos Delfino, Matt Barnes, Mike Dunleavy, Dorell Wright

PF: Brandon Wright, Jason Maxiel, Carl Landry, Antawn Jamison, JJ Hickson

C: Jason Collins, Nazr Mohammed, Ronny Turiaf, Joel Pryzbilla, Maurice Speights
        First, your line-up listing is weird. PF before SF? It's called the '3' for a reason.

Second, of the players on your list, I think Randy Foye might be the only one worth chasing that is actually attainable. I don't think any of the PGs are really what we need (maybe Brooks if he doesn't over-value himself too much). Guys like Mayo, Allen, and Bellineli are being chased by better teams, so they wont come here unless we overpay. Not interested in Barbosa. The SF players aren't guys who are coming here. Wright would have been a great choice, but OKC is pushing hard to sign him. Hard to believe the Raps can win that derby. Landry would be a great fit but will be in too high demand. The Centers are all atainable, but are any of them worth it? At this point, I don't know if any of them are really better than what we have.

Foye though, shot .410% from 3PT last year and is a career .377 3PT, DRTG 111, eFG% .518. An underrated player IMO. Last year he played on a 1 year $2.5M deal. Could probably be had for $2M if given a 3 year deal
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
          Cavs are messing up, Irving is going on year 3 and still project like a lottery team. They shouldn't have drafted this year. I like how N.O. is doing it, they got their guy now they're surrounding him ASAP to avoid another Chris Paul situation.

Except if you look at what happened with Chris Paul - 2005 drafted Chris Paul. 2006 traded for Tyson Chandler, and signed Peja. He still left.

Cleveland went right into win now mode a year or two after drafting Lebron. Result: Lebron left.

Making the playoffs 'ASAP' isn't going to keep your player, particularily if they feel they don't have a shot at a championship with their team (or find something else more desirable)

I see no reason for Cleveland to rush a rebuild. Kyrie has 2 years left on his rookie contract, and then becomes a restricted FA. He's locked in for atleast 5 years. More than likely 6 or 7 depending on the contract he may want.

If a good deal comes around, sure they should go for it. They have a crap load of cap space and tradeable assets to make things work. But forcing the playoffs doesn't improve anything for a young and rebuilding team.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            Has Dorrell Wright been signed? He's a dude i'd throw some bills at.
            OKC doing serious sniffing.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
              Cavs are messing up, Irving is going on year 3 and still project like a lottery team. They shouldn't have drafted this year. I like how N.O. is doing it, they got their guy now they're surrounding him ASAP to avoid another Chris Paul situation.
              If cavs drafted better they would have a starting lineup of Kyrie/Mclemore/Barnes/Varejao/Valanciunas next season, that's a future contender.

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
                If cavs drafted better they would have a starting lineup of Kyrie/Mclemore/Barnes/Varejao/Valanciunas next season, that's a future contender.
                I like Waiters better than Barnes

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                  Except if you look at what happened with Chris Paul - 2005 drafted Chris Paul. 2006 traded for Tyson Chandler, and signed Peja. He still left.

Cleveland went right into win now mode a year or two after drafting Lebron. Result: Lebron left.

Making the playoffs 'ASAP' isn't going to keep your player, particularily if they feel they don't have a shot at a championship with their team (or find something else more desirable)

I see no reason for Cleveland to rush a rebuild. Kyrie has 2 years left on his rookie contract, and then becomes a restricted FA. He's locked in for atleast 5 years. More than likely 6 or 7 depending on the contract he may want.

If a good deal comes around, sure they should go for it. They have a crap load of cap space and tradeable assets to make things work. But forcing the playoffs doesn't improve anything for a young and rebuilding team.
                  Wasn't suggesting they go win-now mode, we raptors fans know too well how that works out. I was referring to the lack of progress, that's 3 years in a row they finish in the bottom 4 of the league. No progress whatsoever, they are just expecting the lottery to take care of them.

I dont see N.O. as a great team yet, they took a positive step, and took on a deal with value in terms of cap flexibility and towards long-term building, altough the Tyreke evans rumors are making me doubt them right now, unless eric gordon is on his way ASAP.

Tanking, Win-Now, Asset hording,trading, Big signings. None of them work by themselves, its a balancing act and knowing when to move from 1 phase to the other is key.

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
                    I like Waiters better than Barnes
                    Why? Waiters doesn't do much but take a lot of shots, he averaged almost 14 attempts a game, at 41%.
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Yup. I'd take Barnes over Waiters in a heartbeat.

Comment

Time to bring some psycho-T to the T-dot. (lame I know)

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Time to bring some psycho-T to the T-dot. (lame I know)

I saw this tweet and thought the same thing (seems like a prototypical Casey-type player).

But I'm sure a lot of teams would be interested. Not sure I like the idea of a bidding war for Psycho T's services.

Comment

Pass. He's functionally retarded.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                              Why? Waiters doesn't do much but take a lot of shots, he averaged almost 14 attempts a game, at 41%.
                              Barnes averaged 8 attempts a game at .439%, that isn't great either. Waiters is much better at creating for himself on offense too. He only had 40% of his field goals assisted compared to Barnes having about 68% of his field goals assisted. Barnes has had questions about whether he'll be able to create his own offense ever since his college days, but no one ever doubted Waiter's ability in that department. On top of that, Waiters is the superior ball handler and passer, two qualities that make him much more useful on offense, and he doesn't even seem too far off in terms of 3 point shooting. He just needs to improve his shot selection and use his abilities to attack more often instead of settling for jumpers as he's more than capable of doing, but I see him being the better pro.
                              Last edited by Sam17; Tue Jul 2, 2013, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I saw this tweet and thought the same thing (seems like a prototypical Casey-type player).

But I'm sure a lot of teams would be interested. Not sure I like the idea of a bidding war for Psycho T's services.
                                I heard he wants to be a starter, and that's partly why Indiana let him go. In no way is he a starter in this league, but if that's what he wants its not happening in Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X