Free Agency 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Time to bring some psycho-T to the T-dot. (lame I know)

He almost re-injured Valanciunas' hand

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
      Barnes averaged 8 attempts a game at .439%, that isn't great either. Waiters is much better at creating for himself on offense too. He only had 40% of his field goals assisted compared to Barnes having about 68% of his field goals assisted. Barnes has had questions about whether he'll be able to create his own offense ever since his college days, but no one ever doubted Waiter's ability in that department. On top of that, Waiters is the superior ball handler and passer, two qualities that make him much more useful on offense, and he doesn't even seem too far off in terms of 3 point shooting. He just needs to improve his shot selection and use his abilities to attack more often instead of settling for jumpers as he's more than capable of doing, but I see him being the better pro.
      Barnes is a much better defender, played for a playoff team with more talent ( which means less shots) knows his role, doesnt chuck as many bad shots, is more efficient, more athletic, isnt undersized, was very good in the playoffs( especially against the second best team in the postseason)

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
        Barnes is a much better defender, played for a playoff team with more talent ( which means less shots) knows his role, doesnt chuck as many bad shots, is more efficient, more athletic, isnt undersized, was very good in the playoffs( especially against the second best team in the postseason)
        Yeah Barnes put in work during the playoffs, but based on their rookie regular seasons, I'd go with Waiters. Barnes played for a team where he wasn't a top 3 option, reason he took less shots and was more efficient, but if he was placed in Waiter's position in having to play for the lowly Cavaliers that had few scoring options, I think his lack of ability to create for himself would've been exposed (kinda like it was in college when Kendall Marshall went down giving Barnes a larger role). Barnes fits very well with GS and was the perfect pick for them, but in terms of pure talent and offensive potential I still like Dion for now... as long as the shot selection improves and he starts uses his ability to penetrate instead of taking forced jump shots (would really help his efficiency numbers)

Comment

And when was the last time a Raptor player was on the giving end of a floor slam?

If Casey wants toughness, Psycho-T is a good place to start.

Personally, I don't want Hansbrough as Amir already plays what will hopefully be Amir's role (1st big off the bench who can play PF and C... with Hansbrough unable to play C) - just saying he is out there, unrestricted.

Comment

7-11 is ok as long as it is a stepping stone and not a ceiling
            I thought 7-11 undermined prolonged time-frame... being stuck in there. Regardless, of course it is acceptable as a stepping stone; no one gets to the top without going through the middle. Hopefully passing by this middle in a year or two.

Comment

Corey Brewer is a FA yes? He played under Casey AND was signed by Ujiri. I've long been a Brewer fan. If Demar gets moved for a big or a PG i could see him getting signed.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Guys, who cares who works with Casey? The man is on coach death row.

Comment

And when was the last time a Raptor player was on the giving end of a floor slam?

If Casey wants toughness, Psycho-T is a good place to start.

Personally, I don't want Hansbrough as Amir already plays what will hopefully be Amir's role (1st big off the bench who can play PF and C... with Hansbrough unable to play C) - just saying he is out there, unrestricted.
                  Just musing but did someone recently say that (paraphrase) "we want other teams coming here and understand they have been in a game" or "team identity". PsychoT, Amir, Acy, Lowry, JV, Capt. Jack, Gray, Matt Barnes, MettaWP... could have the makings of a cloned Detroit BadBoys team....or be representative of the Raptor claw. Hah.

Comment

LOL, too bad they'd get schooled when they weren't throwing elbows and tossing bricks.

Comment

You mean you dont want ESPN leading their sports news with the Raptors game each evening? Just for a year...pleeease.

Comment

Apparently Telfair is planning on going to a contender. Hopefully raps can lock up a pg soon.

Comment

Beno Udrih is a PG who has not been mentioned but I'd be fine with as a backup. SHould be relatively cheap too.

Comment

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...s-the-numbers/

Interesting read for any statically inclined people.

Comment

The fact that Vogul brought him back into the game pissed me off more than his initial bought of tard.

Honestly though, he's REALLY good at pissing people off. That's an asset.

Comment

So if Chicago Amnesties Boozer can Raps pick him up?

Comment

Working...
                                X