No announcement yet.

Raptors To Use Amnesty Clause on Kleiza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are we waiting so long to Amnesty Kleiza?

The choice seems pretty obvious to me and I'm sure it's pretty obvious to most others. More than anyone else on our team Kleiza is a money dump because I think he had about 8 minutes of playing time for the Raptors last season. Why are we waiting so long to amnesty him and put any of his money towards even the lousiest of players on free agency?

Is there a certain period of time before you can amnesty someone, I'm not exactly fully versed on the ins and outs of the new CBA, so maybe someone else can fill me in.

We have so many wing players as it is, why waste another second without giving Kleiza the boot?

Comment

DaveyBaby32 wrote: View Post
      The choice seems pretty obvious to me and I'm sure it's pretty obvious to most others. More than anyone else on our team Kleiza is a money dump because I think he had about 8 minutes of playing time for the Raptors last season. Why are we waiting so long to amnesty him and put any of his money towards even the lousiest of players on free agency?

Is there a certain period of time before you can amnesty someone, I'm not exactly fully versed on the ins and outs of the new CBA, so maybe someone else can fill me in.

We have so many wing players as it is, why waste another second without giving Kleiza the boot?
      I suggest having a read through this thread, to get a feel for the financial/CBA impact of amnestying Kleiza, as well as the perceived pros/cons of doing so.

The main point is that using amnesty still leaves Raptors well above salary cap, so they still can only use exceptions - mid-level exception (MLE) and bi-annual exception - to sign free agents.

Comment

Thanks, this really answers my question. This is a frustrating time for all of us.

Comment

July 10-17 is the time period you can amnesty a player.

Comment

Paying someone millions of dollars to go away should never be an easy decision.

Comment

Kleizerbeam got style

Comment

If i were Ujiri i would wait after the european championship to amnesty him, if he plays well, increases his value he will be picked up for a little bit more, save some money for the guys upstairs and bosses love when employes find ways to save you money

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
                  If i were Ujiri i would wait after the european championship to amnesty him, if he plays well, increases his value he will be picked up for a little bit more, save some money for the guys upstairs and bosses love when employes find ways to save you money
                  Shit, by saying he will be picked by a bit more, i meant more money from another team of the amnesty wire

Comment

Amnesty ismonlynan option between July 10 and July 17.

7 day window to use it then gone.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Amnesty ismonlynan option between July 10 and July 17.

7 day window to use it then gone.
                      Thanks, i have totally forgot that

Comment

Thanks, i have totally forgot that
                        I somehow really hope he gets amnestied for his sake as he won't achieve much with the Raptors as currently constructed as well as being a 3rd stringer. As a homer fan I really want him to come back to Europe and play some good basketball in the second half of his career.

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                          ... As a homer fan I really want him to come back to Europe and play some good basketball in the second half of his career.
                          As a homer fan I want him to play some good basketball in the second half of his career as a Raptor.

Not sure why he seemed to lose interest. Health? Playing time? I really liked him in spots and he really had some great games. I don't know why those skills disappeared, or were they only situational?

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                            As a homer fan I want him to play some good basketball in the second half of his career as a Raptor.

Not sure why he seemed to lose interest. Health? Playing time? I really liked him in spots and he really had some great games. I don't know why those skills disappeared, or were they only situational?
                            I think he had a great potential. That career high 41 point game as a Nugget alongside Carmelo and AI shows that.

I think it's partly due to injuries, and partly due to lost hunger on NBA stage. Perhaps he needs to know he's THE GUY to be play well, just look at the Olympics where he dropped 25pts against LeBron and company being #1 option on Lithuanian team.

So yeah, I think it's both psychological and a bit physical. Losing a child in a miscarriage also cannot help the situation.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                              I think he had a great potential. That career high 41 point game as a Nugget alongside Carmelo and AI shows that.

I think it's partly due to injuries, and partly due to lost hunger on NBA stage. Perhaps he needs to know he's THE GUY to be play well, just look at the Olympics where he dropped 25pts against LeBron and company being #1 option on Lithuanian team.

So yeah, I think it's both psychological and a bit physical. Losing a child in a miscarriage also cannot help the situation.

potential- i disagree with him having had that potential. he has a shooters chance to get hot and luckily he got 40 one time. he plays well in international ball because his usage rate skyrockets and the 3 point line is an nba long 2. he is the classic tweener with all its problems. he can post up the smaller 3s but no way he can keep up with them he is faster than the 4s(before the knee) but can't out muscle them for boards or position.

not a big fan of tweeners myself.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                potential- i disagree with him having had that potential. he has a shooters chance to get hot and luckily he got 40 one time....
                                From 06-07 to 11-12 he shot 34.6% from three (leaving aside his first year in TO when he was dealing with injury). He average just under (3.8) rebounds a game. He averaged just under 10 points a game. He averaged just under 22 minutes a game.

The Raps have been hurting for 3 point shooting. They have been hurting for rebounding. Kleiza looks like a useful piece off the bench. If somebody can figure out how to get into his head.

Comment

Working...
                                X