Raptors To Use Amnesty Clause on Kleiza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kleiza Already Prepared If Amnestied..?

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

No other teams interested in kleiza?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
        No other teams interested in kleiza?
        Not sure what they'd be interested in ... Lol

Comment

He will still be treated like a God in Lithuania! not as much as JV but still they will love him

Comment

Amnesty week is from July 11 to 17. Linas will be on the clock starting tomorrow.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Not sure what they'd be interested in ... Lol
              Who would want injury prone. I like this guy, but if he can't stay healthy he must say good bye to NBA.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                Who would want injury prone. I like this guy, but if he can't stay healthy he must say good bye to NBA.
                I personally wonder how much of his sitting last year had to do with injury and how much had to do with a mutual pending divorce from the Raptors. I was happy when the Raps signed him, felt he was slightly overpaid, and was upset as his inconsistent usage. I still think he could be a decent small-ball stretch-4 on the 2nd unit, allowing him to utilize both his post-up abilities and streaky outside shooting. If his salary was more in the $2.5-3M range, he'd be a great 5th forward to be used to exploit mismatches (post-up undersized SFs, stretch-4 against good interior defending PFs) on the 2nd unit.

If he is even somewhat healthy, I could see him helping out a team like Houston, who is desperate for 3pt shooting. If Raps do amnesty him, I could see several teams kicking the tires and offering minimum contracts.

Comment

Love Lithuanian basketball since the days of Sabonis, Marciulionis Karnishovas (Europe)... but Kleiza's days in the NBA are numbered.

Here is a good link btw:
                  http://www.truelithuania.com/topics/...s-in-lithuania

Comment

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...-Amnesty/page4

Merge..?
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I'm pretty sure some team will pick him from waivers. I mean they can have him for 1 million or whatever and Raps will pay the rest. Why not have a guy like him as an 'insurance" in case your backup SF or PF goes down... I can even imagine a title contender picking him up for depth... be it Houston, OKC, Spurs, Miami, Chicago...... could be extemely interesting for some teams, especially if he stays healthy and produces more than expected. I mean he was injured for a while, but obviously most of last year he didn't play for other reasons. As somebody mentioned, it was an "ongoing divorce".

If not for that injury right after Raps signed him, I think he could have been a very productive bench player/ situational player.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                          Merge..?
                          Yep.

Comment

vino wrote: View Post
                            Love Lithuanian basketball since the days of Sabonis, Marciulionis Karnishovas (Europe)... but Kleiza's days in the NBA are numbered.

Here is a good link btw:

Great read! Got to know something about JV's country!

Comment

vino wrote: View Post

Here is a good link btw:
                              I can't get the link to work, but here is something related worth the read.
                              http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...how-never-seen
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Amnesty Fever indeed

From Zach Lowe at Grantland.com:

Toronto Raptors: Linas Kleiza

Kleiza has always been a more likely Raptor amnesty cut than Andrea Bargnani, but with Bargs in New York (and wearing Ray Bourque’s number), Kleiza becomes the only candidate on the board. The Raptors don’t really need him. Kleiza has barely played in three seasons in the T-Dot, and there won’t be a lot of minutes for him with Tyler Hansbrough on board and Dwane Casey curious about how Rudy Gay might function as a small-ball power forward. The Raptors project at about $1.75 million over the tax, meaning using amnesty on Kleiza’s $4.6 million would take them under it — wiping out a $2.6 million tax bill and giving Toronto access to the revenue-sharing distribution for teams that come in under the tax (about $1.47 million per team last season). That’s not nothing.

But the Raptors might also be able to net a second-round pick in exchange for Kleiza’s expiring dealat the trade deadline if he shows glimpses of his old game. Is banking on that possibility better than about $4.3 million in certain total savings? They could also deal Kleiza for a player they actually like (but some other team doesn't) and duck the tax by coming to a cheap buyout agreement with Marcus Camby.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...-cba-provision
                                I don't think amnestying him is as open and shut a case as one, myself included, might think. Lowe raises good points in that last paragraph.

Comment

Working...
                                X