X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBF wrote: View Post
    True. I agree with him on this thread being stupid as fuck
    This thread is stupid.

As Chris says.....fuelled by illogical insecurities.

And also prompted by a statement of a professional athlete who probably stopped doing his homework sometime in high school. The 2nd part of my statement was made to suggest that many of these guys would be totally ignorant about THEIR OWN COUNTRY, let alone anything beyond those borders. Hence I said if the question had been "have you ever travelled outside the 50 states?", he'd probably say "no", not realizing/thinking that DC is not a state (it's a district), and he thus lives and works outside the 50 states for half the year.

Seriously, ignoring American/Canadian aspects of this....professional athletes who stop having to educate themselves when they're still teens are like the worst people to care about their knowledge. I remember when LeBron came into the league, and was doing promos where he'd have to read cue cards....Dude would read at like a 3rd grade level. 10 second spots became 20.

Enjoy the basketball....but most of these guys don't have the insight to say anything worth listening to on another subject. Most of them don't care about being smart or informed.

*Oh and also it's not like the other guys corrected him. It's just a stupid promo. Maybe I'm right and he's not the most educated/quickest thinker...maybe he just didn't care since it's a stupid promo.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      This thread is stupid.

As Chris says.....fuelled by illogical insecurities.

And also prompted by a statement of a professional athlete who probably stopped doing his homework sometime in high school. The 2nd part of my statement was made to suggest that many of these guys would be totally ignorant about THEIR OWN COUNTRY, let alone anything beyond those borders. Hence I said if the question had been "have you ever travelled outside the 50 states?", he'd probably say "no", not realizing/thinking that DC is not a state (it's a district), and he thus lives and works outside the 50 states for half the year.

Seriously, ignoring American/Canadian aspects of this....professional athletes who stop having to educate themselves when they're still teens are like the worst people to care about their knowledge. I remember when LeBron came into the league, and was doing promos where he'd have to read cue cards....Dude would read at like a 3rd grade level. 10 second spots became 20.

Enjoy the basketball....but most of these guys don't have the insight to say anything worth listening to on another subject. Most of them don't care about being smart or informed.

*Oh and also it's not like the other guys corrected him. It's just a stupid promo. Maybe I'm right and he's not the most educated/quickest thinker...maybe he just didn't care since it's a stupid promo.
      Lebron is one dumb fuck. I'm not even going to argue with you on that.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        john wall is notoriously dumb as a brick
        hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I'm a Canadian, currently living on another continent, and I pretty much roll canadian and the us together when talking to people here in Africa. From the perspective of another continent, where they study North American History as much as we study the history of Africa, we've got the same history, culture, and economy.

In any event, it's a non-issue for me. Unless I am also stupid as a brick. Which may be true.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
            hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
            John "The Brick" Wall everbody!
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
            X