Pistons interested in Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xixak wrote: View Post
    It's not even close to just as much, it's FAR MORE.

People like you love to be revisionists and act like they knew how things would play out 5+ years ago, but the fact is Jose was considered one of the best PGs in the league (top 10) by Raptors fans that year.

You can bullshit as much as you want about saying you wanted Jrue at #9 when he was projected to go 20th (http://www.nbadraft.net/2009mock_draft) all you want, but that's just a crock of shit as far as I'm concerned. The guys we were looking at were DeRozan, Henderson, T-Will and possibly Curry if he fell further.

Jose put up 13-9-3 on 50-41-98 shooting the previous year as a 27 year old PG. Neither fans nor the organization were looking for a PG.
    Chad Ford had him slotted in at number four to Sacramento in Wednesday’s latest Mock Draft on ESPN.com, and there are rumours that other clubs above the Raptors have interest in the former Bruin. So perhaps now Holiday being selected in the top 8, could push someone of interest down to the Raptors spot.
    Source: http://www.raptorshq.com/2009/5/29/1...ing-the-key-to
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
      You mean PER doesn't tell us Brandan Wright is better than Dirk, Aldridge, Cousins, Bosh, Horford, Marc Gasol, etc.? Go figure.

But, but, WS/48 is good to tell us Splitter is better than Duncan, Griffin, Westbrook, Wade, Curry, West, Bosh, etc.,,, right?

Ugh, stats are WAY over-relied upon to judge players.
      Lol this. PER tells you that Manu Ginobili is better than Paul George. You can't just use stats in a freaking vacuum like all these geeks want to do nowadays, you have to use them in context.

ceez wrote: View Post
      i'm not going to bother arguing who i wanted at the time since you apparently read minds? but Jrue and Lawson for that matter weren't projected to go where they landed, they slid. nbadraft.net isn't really the best site for anything draft related unless you need to be reminded of someones name or something.

and i'm not saying i knew then that jrue would be a better player than demar, just that i wanted him. while i've always certainly been a calderon fan, i think i speak for most that we could've used an upgrade at the position for a long time. not to mention at the time taking a swingman who needed a TON of polish and couldn't shoot was a poor pick since we were trying to put a winner around bosh.

you Derozen truthers are the worst. i hope he gets traded and you all follow him to whichever forum his team has.
      I'm not a DeRozan truther, I'm not even sure he's my favourite player on the team (although I do like him). Lol at suggesting I would bandwagon elsewhere if he was traded.

Comment

• I'm not suggesting you would, i'm hoping.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          I'm not suggesting you would, i'm hoping.
          Unfortunately for you that's not going to happen, Nostradamus.

This is coming from the same guy that said Bargnani would put up Bosh #s after CB4 left.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
            You mean PER doesn't tell us Brandan Wright is better than Dirk, Aldridge, Cousins, Bosh, Horford, Marc Gasol, etc.? Go figure.

But, but, WS/48 is good to tell us Splitter is better than Duncan, Griffin, Westbrook, Wade, Curry, West, Bosh, etc.,,, right?

Ugh, stats are WAY over-relied upon to judge players.
            Xixak wrote: View Post
            Lol this. PER tells you that Manu Ginobili is better than Paul George. You can't just use stats in a freaking vacuum like all these geeks want to do nowadays, you have to use them in context.
            lol though @ taking aberrations without any context and playing it off like a common occurrence. lol though @ taking a statistic (WS) that is calculated a few different ways by different statisticians that nobody has ever claimed is a definitive measure of ability. The next time somebody looks just at WS/48 and ignores everything else to come to a conclusion about the relative worth of two different players, please tell them off for me too. But you may have to wait a long while.

Comment

Working...
            X