Pistons interested in Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I find Sam Amico to be more and more interesting/credible by the day.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/nba/cle...17&feedID=3725
    agree with you on Amico, i just started following him before the draft. interesting take.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

You have to start somewhere.

If Dumars calls and says, "Stuckey and CV for Gay. What say you?"

You can guarantee the comeback (through muffled laughter in the background by Weltman) is, "I was thinking KCP, Monroe, Drummond, Mitchell, and your 2nd round pick."

One thing to remember is the Cavs have a backlog at PF (Bennett, Thompson, arguably Varejao) and if the Pistons end up with Smith, Monroe might suddenly be odd man out.

Can't wait for the D12 shoe to drop.
      Another comment/answer by Sam Amico:
      Comment From Colon Jello (Cavs fan I presume):
      Tristan Thompson for Rudy Gay. Who says no?
      Sam Amico: You made me think. That's nearly impossible. Congratulations.

Sounds like a fair deal (from Cavs perspective) and hell of a lot better than Detroit BS offer.
      Lets compare Gay with say paying Iggy 15 mil x4 years. You MAY argue Iggy is much better defender and better player now but IN 4 YEARS. Give me a break. On top of it (if you are Detroit) you still have TWO very shitty contracts in Stuckey & Charlie V.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Thing is even if we trade Rudy Gay this team is not bad enought to tank. Other than 4-19 start this team played just above .500 basketball. Between the 4-19 start from when the acquired Rudy Gay the raptors went 12-11. Even if they just trade Gay this team will still win 30+ games. That is not effective tanking.
        We've just traded our by far best hope for tanking: Bargnani.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Thing is even if we trade Rudy Gay this team is not bad enought to tank. Other than 4-19 start this team played just above .500 basketball. Between the 4-19 start from when the acquired Rudy Gay the raptors went 12-11. Even if they just trade Gay this team will still win 30+ games. That is not effective tanking.
          why do people keep mentioning the 4-19 start as some bizarre anomaly that shouldn't be counted in the overall stats? its like saying "other than all the games lost, the raptors were winning!"

Comment

• Raps really might be in great position to trade gay.

When looking at Cleveland and Detroit:

Both teams owners as publicly pushing playoffs with new coaches, both have expressed interest in Rudy in the past, both have crazy cap space, both have interesting assets from raptor perspective, and bob organizations have shown history of short sighted thinking in quest to compete sooner than later.

If pistons land smith, things could get very interesting. A bidding war would be awesome!

Comment

Raps really might be in great position to trade gay.

When looking at Cleveland and Detroit:

Both teams owners as publicly pushing playoffs with new coaches, both have expressed interest in Rudy in the past, both have crazy cap space, both have interesting assets from raptor perspective, and bob organizations have shown history of short sighted thinking in quest to compete sooner than later.

If pistons land smith, things could get very interesting. A bidding war would be awesome!
              The Raps have never benefited from a bidding war before. When we sold off all our previous assets over the years, we were desperate. This time we could have the leverage to be in the power position of negotiations. #RapsIn2018!
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                The Raps have never benefited from a bidding war before. When we sold off all our previous assets over the years, we were desperate. This time we could have the leverage to be in the power position of negotiations. #RapsIn2018!
                The only times I remember the Raptors trading from a position of strength was when we traded for Carter, and when we traded for Gay.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  The only times I remember the Raptors trading from a position of strength was when we traded for Carter, and when we traded for Gay.
                  I don't think we really had a position of strength in the Gay trade. We needed to move Jose as much as they wanted to move Gay. Pretty even if you ask me.

As for VC, any strength we had when we acquired him on draft night was negated by the supreme-raping that we got when we sent him to the Nets.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    I don't think we really had a position of strength in the Gay trade. We needed to move Jose as much as they wanted to move Gay. Pretty even if you ask me.
                    I meant in terms of Davis' hightened value at the time of the trade. He's a scrub. We were lucky to get a rotation player, let alone a starter in exchange for him.

Comment

I meant in terms of Davis' hightened value at the time of the trade. He's a scrub. We were lucky to get a rotation player, let alone a starter in exchange for him.
                      Ah, inflated values. I get what your saying but I was really talking about having the power to walk away. We don't need to trade Gay, but if the Cavs/Pistons are desperate to add an established SF and try to out-bid each other, then we can really get maximum value. I don't think we've ever had that happen in team history.

Comment

I'm sorry, we were in a position of strength when we traded Carter? Vince made it clear he didn't want to play for us, which lowered his trade value immensely because everybody knew we needed to get SOMETHING.

As for the Gay trade: no. We were the only ones willing to pay full pop for Rudy; everybody else was doing exactly what was done to us with the Vince trade and offering cents on the dollar for him because they knew Memphis wanted to shed his salary.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                          I'm sorry, we were in a position of strength when we traded Carter? Vince made it clear he didn't want to play for us, which lowered his trade value immensely because everybody knew we needed to get SOMETHING.

As for the Gay trade: no. We were the only ones willing to pay full pop for Rudy; everybody else was doing exactly what was done to us with the Vince trade and offering cents on the dollar for him because they knew Memphis wanted to shed his salary.
                          Read his post again: traded FOR Carter. aka the draft day trade with he and Jamison.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                            I'm sorry, we were in a position of strength when we traded Carter? Vince made it clear he didn't want to play for us....
                            We were in a position of strength when we traded FOR Carter, using Jamison's heightened value in our favour.

Edit: Perhaps "position of strength" was a poor choice of words on my part. What I was referring to was really the concept of maximizing a player's value on the trade market.

I can't help but look back and think what Colangelo could've received for Bargnani had he been shopped during his infamous 13-game stretch 2 years ago.
                            Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Jul 4, 2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

I can't help but look back and think what Colangelo could've received for Bargnani had he been shopped during his infamous 13-game stretch 2 years ago.
                              BC like many of the GMs on this board (incl yours truly) were similarly tantalized by that magical transformation....I am reminded by the movie "Encounters of the Third kind" when there were many scenes where gathered crowds looked on in wonderment with that "is this really happening" look. And then.....poof.

The only problem...BC was paid $5 mill. per to be dispassionate and unmoved by such supernatural-like occurrences.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                why do people keep mentioning the 4-19 start as some bizarre anomaly that shouldn't be counted in the overall stats? its like saying "other than all the games lost, the raptors were winning!"
                                Probably because we had such a different roster at the start of last season. Bargs was the starting PF. Jose was still our backup PG. Ed Davis was playing heavy minutes. JV was playing his first NBA minutes and hadn't figured it out yet. Oh, and we didn't have Rudy Gay at SF, which is kinda a big deal since he is our best player by a wide margin. (currently, JV will get there).

So when you consider all the roster changes since then, you can't say that this team we have right now was the team that went 4-19 last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X