No announcement yet.

Pistons interested in Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"My man Windhorst@...". Hahahaha...did someone flatulate?

It didnt smell so good Stein...ask Windy/JoeD to fart again and we'll get back to you.

It is the silly season.

Comment

Ewww! No pick? No prospects? WTF are you doing Joe?

Comment

lmao at camby+charlie v back in toronto

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Marc Stein: My man @WindhorstESPN reporting that Pistons have offered expiring deals of Rodney Stuckey and Charlie Villanueva to Toronto for Rudy Gay
          That's disgusting

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
            Jerebko
            Caldwell-Pope
            Stuckey's expiring
            2014 2nd round pick
            2016 1st round pick (w/ protections)

Works in the trade machine. Raptors get another young piece (Caldwell Pope), a serviceable big on a reasonable contract (Jerebko), a big expiring in Stuckey, and more picks. Detroit doesn't have to touch any part of their core.
            I know the trade machine had Charlie V disabled because he picked up his option, but I'm pretty sure that he's eligible to be traded now that July is here. He's in his last year at $8.5m.

Comment

so, pistons fans think his value is somewhere around CV and stuckey expirings, plus we throw in 2014 for the privilege (laughable).

raptors fans think his value is something like 2013 # 1 overall pick plus tristan thompson OR monroe/drummond + 1st round pick (equally laughable).

i think the real value is somewhere in between, but closer to what stein is tweeting. maybe those expirings plus future first rounder is the least that i'd hope for. i like fully and matt_52's proposals upthread but think those are a little optimistic.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                so, pistons fans think his value is somewhere around CV and stuckey expirings, plus we throw in 2014 for the privilege (laughable).

raptors fans think his value is something like 2013 # 1 overall pick plus tristan thompson OR monroe/drummond + 1st round pick (equally laughable).

i think the real value is somewhere in between, but closer to what stein is tweeting. maybe those expirings plus future first rounder is the least that i'd hope for. i like fully and matt_52's proposals upthread but think those are a little optimistic.
                Which Raptor fans are you talking about?

Comment

I'll only be ok with sending Gay to Detroit if Caldwell-Pope is included (obviously monroe/drummond are untouchable)

Comment

How about Demar DeRozan for Stuckey and Charlie. :P
                    A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
                      Which Raptor fans are you talking about?
                      there was a whole thread and poll about gay for the # 1 here. many thought the raptors would be getting TOTALLY SCREWED because NO ONE in that draft would EVER AMOUNT TO BEING AS TALENTED AS GAY. i definitely saw multiple posts by multiple posters with variations of # 1 overall + TT + filler (alonzo gee or the like) as well, though i can't remember exactly where off the top.

white men can't jump suggested monroe, KCP, plus pick (unspecified) earlier upthread. magoon suggested an even more wildly optimistic 3 way with charlotte that nets us "Ben Gordon, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, rights to Caldwell-Pope, Detroit's first-round draft pick in 2014 unprotected, Portland's 2014 protected first-rounder (via Charlotte), maybe some second-rounders" though he was maybe being sarcastic

both of these are not in the realm of possibility, in my opinion.

Comment

lol yeah both are definitely unrealistic.

I really liked Matt52's suggestion. Making this trade would probably mean we miss the playoffs, but a lottery pick in a draft expecting guys like Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Marcus Smart, Andrew Harrison, James Young, etc., is very very intriguing. Getting Knight and KCP would be great too

Comment

One first-rounder plus one solid prospect is the minimum I'd want back. Based on Stein's tweet, this sounds more like Detroit hoping that Ujiri is dead-set on gutting the team, hoping they can lowball him. I'd be shocked if expirings is the most that Gay demands in this market. Geez, look at the return that Bargnani just got. This alleged offer for Gay has less value to it than that.

Comment

Yeah all that cap space would be great. We would totally use it, just like last year.

/s

Comment

Personally, the only way I would ever agree to this trade was if we got a first round pick out of it or if we got Greg Monroe.

But neither are probably happening.

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
                                lol yeah both are definitely unrealistic.

I really liked Matt52's suggestion. Making this trade would probably mean we miss the playoffs, but a lottery pick in a draft expecting guys like Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Marcus Smart, Andrew Harrison, James Young, etc., is very very intriguing. Getting Knight and KCP would be great too
                                We wouldn't even be that bad considering how bad other teams have gotten.

Comment

Working...
                                X