Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    Why am i not surprised you dont like my own reasons.....lol

- 28 percent is an 8 percent improvement over his career average and would be fine if he could get another 5% this year.
    -yes a freaking dunk highlight! It was freaking nasty! It shows that he's getting stronger and can absorb contact while dunking
    - yes a game winner
    - yes Rudy Gay's opinion over yours

Hater

I listed my reasons.....It really wasnt up for debate.
    Then perhaps you shouldn't post them on a forum.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

- 28 percent is an 8 percent improvement over his career average and would be fine if he could get another 5% this year.
      -yes a freaking dunk highlight! It was freaking nasty! It shows that he's getting stronger and can absorb contact while dunking
      - yes a game winner
      - yes Rudy Gay's opinion over yours

Hater

I listed my reasons.....It really wasnt up for debate.
      Not up for debate? You do realize this is a public msg board, right?

- 33% is still stinky (man, it's crazy how low we've set our expectations for DeRozan)
      - Gerald Green has nastier dunks than DeRozan. (so does Ross for that matter). Maybe Green should be our starting SG
      - a meaningless game winner in a meaningless season that will likely never be duplicated in DeRozan's career
      - Remember when Dirk said that Bargnani was a good player?

I find it amusing when people throw out the "hater" slur. It screams of laziness.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Not up for debate? You do realize this is a public msg board, right?

- 33% is still stinky (man, it's crazy how low we've set our expectations for DeRozan)
        - Gerald Green has nastier dunks than DeRozan. (so does Ross for that matter). Maybe Green should be our starting SG
        - a meaningless game winner in a meaningless season that will likely never be duplicated in DeRozan's career
        - Remember when Dirk said that Bargnani was a good player?

I find it amusing when people throw out the "hater" slur. It screams of laziness.
        Tyreke Evans shot 33.8% from 3PT last year. If DeRozan's improvement is to Tyreke Evans then it's going to be another long year.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• 33% for 3pt shooting is the standard anywhere above that is Steph Curry numbers on a bad week . If Demar can at least be a threat from the 3 pt line and knock down open looks when set in catch and shoots Ross and Fields have no right to be in the same sentence as DeMar. Its important he has a 3 or shot but I don't want him to stop slashing in the lane and posting up. DeMar brings a lot to the table I think Nick Nurse could design something nice for the current team offensively.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            33% for 3pt shooting is the standard anywhere above that is Steph Curry numbers on a bad week . If Demar can at least be a threat from the 3 pt line and knock down open looks when set in catch and shoots Ross and Fields have no right to be in the same sentence as DeMar. Its important he has a 3 or shot but I don't want him to stop slashing in the lane and posting up. DeMar brings a lot to the table I think Nick Nurse could design something nice for the current team offensively.
            33% is a low standard, but Demar didn't even reach that. He only shot 28.3% Chris Bosh shot 28.4% while attempting 1 per game. Demar attempted 1.5 per game, but only hit 0.3 per game. His 3PT% puts him around 260th in the league. For 30 teams, 30 starting shooting guards, 30 starting PG, 30 starting SF, 30 starting PF and 30 starting C, we have 150 starters in the league. That means that Demar ranked behind 3.6 bench players per team.

Comment

• Here's a simple eye test, which player is worth more?

PER
              Player A 13.9
              Player B 14.7

TS%
              Player A .601
              Player B .523

eFG%
              Player A .551
              Player B .459

AST%
              Player A 10.7
              Player B 12.0

STL%
              Player A 1.2
              Player B 1.3

USG%
              Player A 16.9
              Player B 24.2

ORtg
              Player A 115
              Player B 105

DRtg
              Player A 106
              Player B 110

Fairly close, with some categories being in favor of player A and some in favor of player B.

Player A is a much better shooter, a more efficient scorer and has a much better ORtg.
              Player B has a much higher usage, with a slightly better (while still below league avg 15) PER.

But here is the big kicker, Player A makes $22 million over 4 years, while Player B makes $38 million over 4 years. Would you rather pay $5.5 Million for Player A or $9.5 Million for Player B?

EDIT: To correct error, credit to planetmars
              Last edited by Axel; Fri Jul 5, 2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Player A is better defensively as well.

Comment

• Once you factor in the salaries, Player A without hesitation.

Also, usage rate doesn't bode well for Player B.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    33% for 3pt shooting is the standard anywhere above that is Steph Curry numbers on a bad week . If Demar can at least be a threat from the 3 pt line and knock down open looks when set in catch and shoots Ross and Fields have no right to be in the same sentence as DeMar. Its important he has a 3 or shot but I don't want him to stop slashing in the lane and posting up. DeMar brings a lot to the table I think Nick Nurse could design something nice for the current team offensively.
                    Doubtful on this one. To be considered a reliable 3pt shooter, I'd say your mark has to be in the 35-40% range. To be elite you have to be around 42% and up.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Here's a simple eye test, which player is worth more?
                      Will the identity of these mystery players be revealed?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Will the identity of these mystery players be revealed?
                        I am speculating that the mystery players are Martell Webster and DeMar DeRozan.

Comment

• I actually like Martell Webster! However, i'm not sure that this mystery guy is Martell because his PER was 11.8 last year

Correction: It seems to be Martell indeed
                          Last edited by special1; Fri Jul 5, 2013, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Here's a simple eye test, which player is worth more?

PER
                            Player A 13.9
                            Player B 14.7

TS%
                            Player A .601
                            Player B .523

eFG%
                            Player A .551
                            Player B .459

AST%
                            Player A 10.7
                            Player B 12.0

STL%
                            Player A 1.2
                            Player B 1.3

USG%
                            Player A 16.9
                            Player B 24.2

ORtg
                            Player A 115
                            Player B 105

DRtg
                            Player A 106
                            Player B 110

Fairly close, with some categories being in favor of player A and some in favor of player B.

Player A is a much better shooter, a more efficient scorer and has a much better ORtg.
                            Player B has a much higher usage, with a slightly better (while still below league avg 15) PER.

But here is the big kicker, Player A makes $22 million over 4 years, while Player B makes $38 million over 4 years. Would you rather pay $5.5 Million for Player A or $9.5 Million for Player B?

EDIT: To correct error, credit to planetmars
                            When you say the league average....Obviously your not just talking about Shooting Guards are you?

FYI - Demar was 18th last year in PER among shooting guards. There were 65 shooting guards on the list. See for yourself.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli.../_/position/sg

Comment

I actually like Martell Webster! However, i'm not sure that this mystery guy is Martell because his PER was 11.8 last year
                              Webster had a PER of 13.9 based on BBR anyway:
                              http://www.basketball-reference.com/...webstma02.html

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Webster had a PER of 13.9 based on BBR anyway:
                                http://www.basketball-reference.com/...webstma02.html
                                yeah, it's totally Martell Webster.

Comment

Working...
                                X