X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
      The future is always dependent on present actions.
      Mighty Mouse is right.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
        The future is always dependent on present actions.
        Captain obvious to the rescue.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Zig when everyone else Zags!

Raps beat out New York for 5th seed, face Brooklyn in the first round. Hopefully BEAT Brooklyn, and move to the 2nd round in the first time in like... ever. All the while gaining reputation/recognition for our players, thus being able to sell high during next offseason.
          Nothing like a solid playoff series win and competitiveness to showcase our talent!
          Mainly, we want our young guns to gain some experience. I feel bad for DD having never even made the playoffs in four years... I have a feeling JV would go into full on beast mode during a playoff run.
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

You've got about 10-12 teams that are probably planning to tank... some of them right from day one, most waiting until mid-season to start their plummet. For them, the strategy is going to be shedding anything that's not a long-term asset, players that would help them win now. Then at the other end of the spectrum, you've got the big-spenders who are already well into the tax and can make very few big moves to change up their roster. In the middle, you've got some teams who are just below the tax, many in small markets, who are cringing at the thought of adding any more salary as the new CBA tightens its claws.

All of this adds up to, potentially, a lot of mid-season sellers, very few buyers. For a team like Toronto that is currently outside the tax but prepared to go into it to build a contender, they can either go with the flow and tank along with everyone else with okay odds of picking up a single good player and slim odds of picking up a superstar. Or Ujiri can be one of the only buyers and steal good young players and useful vets. Totally rebuild the depth of our roster, maybe acquire a couple gems, perhaps even some future draft picks for clearing a bit of garbage off other desperate sellers' rosters.

Comment

Seems like right now Ujiri is testing the market value on Gay, seeing what simmers to the top and if it's worth taking. If anything happens it probably won't happen until guys like Howard and Josh Smith are off the board.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think he's probably doing that with eveybody, ceez. Just gauging the interest level. Don't think it means much.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  Why? what would be the point? To become fodder for Miami Heat in 1st round? No thanks.
                  the point is to give our sophomores some playoff experience. I rather go to the playoffs than tank for Wiggins, even if we get eliminated in the first or second round.
                  What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                  The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                  No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    Seems like right now Ujiri is testing the market value on Gay, seeing what simmers to the top and if it's worth taking. If anything happens it probably won't happen until guys like Howard and Josh Smith are off the board.
                    LBF wrote: View Post
                    I think he's probably doing that with eveybody, ceez. Just gauging the interest level. Don't think it means much.
                    Regarding Rudy, it's possible that Ujiri isn't even the one initiating talks. All we know is that he got a call from Dumars. That's it.

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                      I'm pretty sure the raps this season are going to take advantage of all the teams who are planning on tanking. i hope the're going to make a run to get into the playoffs while giving jv and ross more minutes. rebuilding and making a run at the same time, my prediction ... 4-5 in the east .. a bit high?
                      5th in the EAST is way high.

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Zig when everyone else Zags!

Raps beat out New York for 5th seed, face Brooklyn in the first round. Hopefully BEAT Brooklyn, and move to the 2nd round in the first time in like... ever. All the while gaining reputation/recognition for our players, thus being able to sell high during next offseason.
                      Nothing like a solid playoff series win and competitiveness to showcase our talent!
                      lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                      the point is to give our sophomores some playoff experience. I rather go to the playoffs than tank for Wiggins, even if we get eliminated in the first or second round.
                      I'm torn. We haven't WON a playoff series since 2001, when we beat the Knicks 3-2 in a best of 5 series. Although I think playoffs are very attainable this season, I don't see who we beat to get out of the first round. And to me just making the playoffs isn't enough.

What I'm really hoping is that enough teams tank and tank so obviously that the NBA changes it's draft model completely. I'd love to see a mini tournament of all teams that didn't play make the playoffs to have a single elimination game tourney to determine draft order. Winner of the tournament gets top pick, and so on. With homecourt advantage being determined by head to head record. Anyway, that's not really a topic for this post, I just think that it's counter-productive to have a system that incentivizes being bad.

I do think that you do have to entertain offers for pretty much every Raptor ('cept JV). If you get a crazy good deal for anyone, you take it.

Ultimately I think our bench is WEAK, unless field's has managed to fix his broken shot. And I'm not sure how Ujiri is going to fill out his roster. I'm hoping he signs some undrafted players or internationals to cheap deals.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

The Rockets are looking to move Royce White. No real surprise, but with everything that has gone on with him I don't think I'd touch him with a 10 foot pole. I can't recall a pick that high being such a pain in such a short period of time before, but he would definitely be in a 'buy-low' category.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                          The Rockets are looking to move Royce White. No real surprise, but with everything that has gone on with him I don't think I'd touch him with a 10 foot pole. I can't recall a pick that high being such a pain in such a short period of time before, but he would definitely be in a 'buy-low' category.
                          White might be the only player I wouldn't trade Bargnani for. A flat tire should never be a reason to miss a road trip :|

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            White might be the only player I wouldn't trade Bargnani for. A flat tire should never be a reason to miss a road trip :|
                            What about Kleiza? Very much doubt that the Rockets would take him but he has to be our worst asset right now.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

What about Kleiza? Very much doubt that the Rockets would take him but he has to be our worst asset right now.
                              Somehow, I see more entertainment value in Kleiza's serial killer facial expressions than White's appearances on Dr. Phil.

EDIT: Neither are worth anything on the court
                              Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Jul 4, 2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

If the Rockets land Howard, one would think they'd have serious interest in Novak.

White's rookie deal expires this year. Year 3 and 4 clearly will not be picked up. Kleiza is a $4.6M useless expiring vs. White's $1.7.

If the Rockets could land Howard, do they like Novak?

White (who will be told to stay home) and Terrence Jones for Novak? Could the Raptors even manage to squeeze a 2nd round pick out of it as well?

If the Rockets sign Howard, they are expected to shift from an emphasis on high-upside – if high-risk – prospects such as White to the pursuit of more predictable veterans.

The Rockets would not expect to receive much for White after getting the rights to two players selected in the second round and two second-round picks for Thomas Robinson, the fifth player taken in the 2012 draft. The extra picks, however, could help facilitate a deal in which a team with cap room agrees to take on White to pick up other assets.

Because the second season of White’s contract is guaranteed, he would count against the Rockets’ cap whether he remains on the roster or they release him. The team has until next season to pick up an option on the third year of his contract, a step that can be considered extremely unlikely before he has played in an NBA game. If the Rockets don’t take that step and he plays well enough next season to show promise, he then would be a free agent.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...league-roster/

Comment

Working...
                                X