No announcement yet.

Noah & Deng for Bosh Being Discussed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would never happen, but something like this might be a little more feasible:

Bosh
    Turk
    O'Bryant
    Banks

For

Deng
    Noah
    Gibson
    Thomas (at worst a $4.7 mil expiring contract)
    Miller ($12.25 mil expiring contract)

Comment

c'mon, man. apollo - yer better than that.

having a height advantage over SGs is only an advantage if he's quick enough to get up on them while also being able to prevent blow-bys. all the extra height in the world ain't gonna do jack eff'n squat if he's gotta play 8-feet off a quicker SG - of which every guy on that list is.

'very quick feet?' 'mobile?' for reals? are we talking 'bout the same guy? puh-lease.
      TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=632
        RR OG

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
          c'mon, man. apollo - yer better than that.

having a height advantage over SGs is only an advantage if he's quick enough to get up on them while also being able to prevent blow-bys. all the extra height in the world ain't gonna do jack eff'n squat if he's gotta play 8-feet off a quicker SG - of which every guy on that list is.

'very quick feet?' 'mobile?' for reals? are we talking 'bout the same guy? puh-lease.
          The point you lack to recognize is that most guys he faces at the 3 are just as fast and athletic as the guys are the 2, they're just on average a shade taller. What I'm telling you is on average the difference between the 2 and 3 in the league to day is minimal in most cases.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            The point you lack to recognize is that most guys he faces at the 3 are just as fast and athletic as the guys are the 2, they're just on average a shade taller. What I'm telling you is on average the difference between the 2 and 3 in the league to day is minimal in most cases.
            I Sort of agree, but there is a quite large difference in the ball-handling abilities between the 2 positions. A square is a rectangle but a rectangle is not a square - meaning there ARE lots of guys that are just "Wing Players" like Derozan, Richardson, Grant Hill, Kobe, Vince, T-mac, etc that excel at 2 positions.... However.... a guy like Deng that's a very prototypical SF, while having an strength and low post advantage over most, does not have the quicks to chase ballhandling SG's around the perimeter (think Manu, Kobe, Roy etc).

Don't get me wrong.... It could definately be done, but one of Turk/Deng would have a pretty hefty ding on their Net PER's since they'd be at a defensive disadvantage...

P.S. Did you know that the NBA SF is on average the lowest paid position?? I guess guys like Ira Newble and Jamario Moon are draggin down the average...
            Last edited by Edgar; Wed Feb 17, 2010, 02:42 PM.
            When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Is Newble still in the league? Haven't heard of him in a long time.

Comment

Working...
              X