Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julyan Stone reaches 2 year deal with Toronto.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... Didn't they try and play Gary Forbes at PG a bunch .. is this going to be another Gary Forbes?!

Comment

jesus look at that wingspan
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

May 3 2013 Nuggets backup Julyan Stone turns head of NBA star Chris Paul

Read more: Nuggets backup Julyan Stone turns head of NBA star Chris Paul - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...#ixzz2Y6w3o1in
        Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
        Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...-head-nba-star
        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Hmm .... this is quickly becoming intriguing.

Comment

Can he play on our summer league team?

Comment

silversurfa23 wrote: View Post
              According to the Denver Post article that charlz posted, he was likely going to participate in summer league for Denver, so hopefully he's added to the Raps' summer league roster.

Comment

Is this for bench toughness & nrg along side quincy?

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                  Is this for bench toughness & nrg along side quincy?
                  he is a lock down defender and gifted passer that according to everything I have read, can't shoot for shit.
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

For where we're at, I'd rather have passers than shooters in the backup PG spots. There's certainly some interesting elements there: his size, ability to finish, defensive skillset, etc. Then you look at his stats, see he averaged just 3.3 pts in the d-league (plus 3 assists and 3.8 rebounds), and you wonder why he's shown so little thus far.

Here's a good writeup I found from last September:
                    http://www.roundballminingcompany.co...-julyan-stone/

Comment

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                        For where we're at, I'd rather have passers than shooters in the backup PG spots. There's certainly some interesting elements there: his size, ability to finish, defensive skillset, etc. Then you look at his stats, see he averaged just 3.3 pts in the d-league (plus 3 assists and 3.8 rebounds), and you wonder why he's shown so little thus far.

Here's a good writeup I found from last September:
                        http://www.roundballminingcompany.co...-julyan-stone/
                        But as most Nuggets fans know, it is really on his defense that Julyan Stone’s future will hinge, and where his natural abilities are strongest. He has good lateral quickness to stay in front of his man, and the length to bother shots and get his hands into passing lanes. And when it comes to hands, Stone’s are quick. Last season, he had the second highest steal rate after Corey Brewer, and like Brewer, he was very proficient at chasing down loose balls to save or take away possessions. In what may be somewhat a product of playing in college for four years and developing solid fundamentals, Stone also has surprisingly good communicative skill on defense, working well with his teammates as they go through the complicated switches and rotations of Karl’s defense.

Comment

Good potential. I think he can flourish as our backup!
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            Good potential. I think he can flourish as our backup!
                            could be used situationally when we need a stop as well. Has the height and weight to guard twos and smaller 3s

Comment

silversurfa23 wrote: View Post
                              One would think so
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X