Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julyan Stone reaches 2 year deal with Toronto.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he's the three for JL3 replacement?

Comment

he probably wont do too much right away but he can guard a couple positions and i think this type of player represents the type of depth that we need right now. he is not a veteren who does not want to be here and he has some tools that might help us on the defensive big picture and "culture change"as well as in practice, man.

i wonder if we have intrest in an andre miller type as pg2, or if we will be focusing solely on younger players with (some) upside?
      Change the name...Give this city and this country something we can be PROUD of... something we can EMBRACE... something that REPRESENTS us... Please MLSE any name except Raptors...anything, please?

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
        how much $$?
        On December 9, 2011, Stone signed a two-year, $1.1 million contract with the Denver Nuggets as an undrafted free agent. So probably something similar to this....

Comment

I think he is our backup PG and 3rd string SG
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

any word or rumors on telfair?

hmmm

Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA

"Sebastian Telfair has received interest from the New York Knicks, Brooklyn Nets, Miami Heat and Oklahoma City Thunder, according to sources."

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
              any word or rumors on telfair?
              I'm hearing Brooklyn
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

So Klow is playing 40 min per night ?

Comment

my bad eric koreen is saying that raps see stone as the primary back-up, i will read whats out there first next time im going to post

if he is the back-up and we get a player worse than him as the third stringer, what does that say about the quality of our squad next year?
                  Change the name...Give this city and this country something we can be PROUD of... something we can EMBRACE... something that REPRESENTS us... Please MLSE any name except Raptors...anything, please?

Comment

Is he our tank general for the 2013-2014 season? If so, I salute you Stone!

Comment

I'm giving Messiah Ujiri the benefit of the doubt on every move he makes and will resume being critical sometime near the trade deadline.

Comment

The next Gary Forbes had a TS% of 93.1% last year! Holy moly!
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

aaron.in.toronto wrote: View Post
                          my bad eric koreen is saying that raps see stone as the primary back-up, i will read whats out there first next time im going to post

if he is the back-up and we get a player worse than him as the third stringer, what does that say about the quality of our squad next year?
                          I see it more as he will grow into the primary backup. I don't think he plays that role this season, atleast to start out

Comment

I like this signing a lot. Stone already has the most important parts of a high-quality PG's arsenal down pat: he's athletic, he has good basketball IQ and can read the floor, and he can play defense. So he can't shoot yet, so what? Jose couldn't either at first (and never learned to defend) and he became a fine point guard. It's easier to learn to shoot than it is to read the floor or play D; the latter two are about intangibles and the first is about spending time in the gym shooting the ball over and over and over again.

And yeah, the fact that he's a project appeals to me because I am firmly pro-tank this year, especially as bad team after bad team overspends in order to try and become competitive, which they will not be. Only Boston and Philly really seem to get it so far: this is a year that will reward being a bad team, so use that year to give a new head coach experience (Boston) or give young, raw players plenty of burn (Philly) and then you GET REWARDED FOR IT. Next year, tanking makes a lot less sense, but this year? Come on!

Comment

I like this signing a lot too. Can't really add that much to what magoon said. I remember when he went undrafted it shocked a lot of people and he was considered one of the top undrafted free agents, it was a coup for Denver to get him considering they were already set at starter and backup.

It's good to have a legitimate backup for Lowry, where he won't feel threatened and pout again when he doesn't get his playing time and whatnot.

Basically any time you can sign a guy who can guard 3 positions for cheap you've done pretty well.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The next Jamario Moon!

Comment

Working...
                                X