Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julyan Stone reaches 2 year deal with Toronto.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need to come up with a sarcasm font.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      You do know i was kidding right?
      lol obviously, this would't have been the first time were hearing about him if he was the next mj.

Comment

• We need to sell Lowry now. He has been replaced.

Bendit wrote: View Post
        We need to come up with a sarcasm font.

Comment

• I decided to do a bit of research on our new PG Julyan Stone. If follow draftexpress than you all know about the article he has every year called"Just by the number" article. An article that breaks down all the players in that draft class by numbers and position. Our newest raptor didn't do so well in the scoring departments.

He was last out off all the guard in the 2011 draft in Point Per-40 Minutes Pace Adjusted with 9.1. Came last at Three Pointers Attempted Per-40 Minutes Pace Adjusted with 1.6. Third from the bottom in Three Pointers Attempts Per Field Goal Attempts with 0.25. Seventh from the bottom in Free Throws Attempted Per-40 Minutes Pace Adjusted with 4.2. One of his positive the offensive side was his Free Throw Attempts Per Possession. Where tied for first with Kyrie Irving 0.48. In True Shooting Percentage he was in the middle of the pack with 56%

He did extremely well in categories that matter to be a PG!

He was top 10 in Assist Per-40 Minutes Adjusted with 5.6. He was second last in Turnovers Per-40 Minutes Adjusted with 2.0. Which is just AWESOME! I know all you die hard Calderon fans are going to love this. He was first in Assist to Turnover Ratio with 2.83. The good just keep coming. As he was first in the probably the most important stat. The "Pure Point Rating" where he had 4.41. Where other than Darius Morris he was heads and shoulders above every other guard in the 2011 draft.

DEFENCE

Apparently this is what he is known for. The stats don't point the contrary. He was first in Rebounds Per-40 Minutes Pace Adjusted with 8.0. Middle of the pack when it comes too Steal Per-40 Minutes Adjusted with 1.6. He was top 5 in Blocks Per-40 Minutes Adjusted with 0.6.

So what have we learned? Well i learned that he will not lead our bench in scoring. That opposing players will go under every screen with him. We've also learned that Juju is a defensive point guard that would rather get others good shots than himself. That he also does it very efficiently. I think I might be more excited to see what he brings to summer league more that our own rooks.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Here's the link
            http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...ard-Crop-3749/
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Julyan Stone to be on Summer League squad.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• 8 pages
                156 posts
                nearly 10,000 views

...... AND HE FAILS HIS PHYSICAL???????

Comment

• lol. no more Julian Stone.

Comment

• Wow.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• I guess thats why Buycks got signed, so that leaves the Kabongo project dream alive!

Comment

• Kabongo's performance in the Summer League was below par.

Comment

• Wow!
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I heard he was about 14 pounds over weight. That would make him... a Stone too heavy!

Haha, medieval measurement humour. I amuse myself.

Comment

• They said he can still join the team. They just want him in better shape, in other words he still has a chance

Comment

• Toronto will add — pending a physical examination — 24-year-old Dwight Buycks to the roster but have lost out on Julyan Stone because he’s not fit enough to sign right now.

The door is still open for Stone to join the team at some time, according to league sources, but the Raptors were leery about adding him to the roster until he’s 100 per cent healthy.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...int_guard.html

So if he gets his ass in shape he could still join the team.

This is odd to say the least.

Will he play in Vegas?

Comment

Working...
                                X