Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julyan Stone reaches 2 year deal with Toronto.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    The next Jamario Moon!
    Or the next Gary Forbes, but I don't want ceez hurting me for taking GF's name in vain...

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      he is a lock down defender and gifted passer that according to everything I have read, can't shoot for shit.
      Much like -

Lets go!!

Comment

Scouting report
        + Long-armed wing with point guard's ball skills. Can handle and pass.
        + Lousy outside shooter and just an average athlete. Good rebounder.
        + Pretty good on ball defender.

Analysis
        An undrafted rookie, Stone didn't get much run at the end of Denver's bench but showed some signs in his limited action. In particular, his 8.3 assists per 40 minutes stand out, as does his phenomenal 44.1 assist ratio. The downside is that Stone can neither shoot nor score; he averaged just 8.0 points per 40 minutes and didn't fare much better in three D-League games with Idaho.

Stone is already 23, and while he has some tools, his inability to score is what torpedoed his draft stock. He's pretty good for an undrafted end-of-the-bench guy, but it's still not clear whether his pros and cons add up to a rotation player.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
          Much like -

Lets go!!
          ...is that ... Hassan Adams?! ... Weird.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
            The next Gary Forbes had a TS% of 93.1% last year! Holy moly!
            That's because he took two whole field goal attempts all year lol
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
              lol and 4 free throw, making 3 of them

Comment

I always liked tall point guards. As long as he can run the offense effectively, his long arms on defense will only be a plus

Comment

I like this. I've noticed that over the years there seems to be quite a few bigger PG's coming into the league. Tyreke, Holiday, Vasquez (two of whom just got traded). Shooting isn't a problem seeing as Jose went from a crappy shooter to a knock down shooter coming off of picks and 3pt range.

Comment

Dude has big hands

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                      Shhh...
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

With the Nuggets we must remember his coach was George Karl whose reason for coaching (& living) is to shoot the ball well. So he didnt meet Karl's standards and might have been discouraged from doing so. His choice then and now might be a result of Masai's brand of analytics....lets see.

Comment

George Karl has a very specific way of coaching and playing.

Pretty sure MJ and DC had talks about who to pick up, what the team needed etc in order to make the choices that have been made.

Comment

Having a GM go to a new team and immediately sign an obscure young player from his old team that only sat on the bench is always a good sign. Kind of feels like Ujiri has some inside info on him. If this kid can play good defense against opposing back up PG's while getting a few assists, this is a great pick up. plus he is big enough to play some minutes at the two. I have a feeling Ujiri is going to try to make us a defensive team and guys like this are perfect fits for that plan.
                            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                              Having a GM go to a new team and immediately sign an obscure young player from his old team that only sat on the bench is always a good sign. Kind of feels like Ujiri has some inside info on him. If this kid can play good defense against opposing back up PG's while getting a few assists, this is a great pick up. plus he is big enough to play some minutes at the two. I have a feeling Ujiri is going to try to make us a defensive team and guys like this are perfect fits for that plan.
                              Yeah, this would be huge. Shutting down the other team's rhythm every time the 2nd unit is on is a pretty big asset to have. There's also the bonus that he has SG size. So if the other team's 6th man is, say, JR Smith, you can put him on that guy, and use your regular SG to shadow the PG, likely the slow Prigioni in this situation.

I'll be rooting for this kid.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                                Pretty meh signing. Won't make a big impact.
                                but hes a sweetie tho <3
                                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                                X