Camby saga - buyout details in post #100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camby saga - buyout details in post #100

You know, in some ways this trade is reminiscent of the Vince Carter trade. Some serviceable players coming to Toronto, picks and a former star big man who has no intentions of suiting up:

Marcus Camby isn’t officially a Raptor yet, but has already asked for either a buyout or trade so he can join a contending club
    Source: NY Post

How are you going to feel if they buyout Camby, who is owed $7.6M?
    Buy him out right away because we don't want any trouble
    3.57%
    Trade him immediately because we don't want any trouble
    21.43%
    Wait for the best offer to come along and tell him to shut it
    57.14%
    Tell him no, we're not trading you or buying you out, so retire and report
    17.86%

he would have done the same thing for any of the non contending teams in the league.

with him wanting out can't we negotiate a lower buyout price or threaten to just let him sit?

Comment

Do we have a choice? its either pay him to leave or have him sit here get paid take up a roster spot and complain all season and be locker room poison.....

Comment

he doesn't deserve a thread

Comment

Do it.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I don't care if he stays or goes, rather he exit because his leadership capabilities are over-rated and frankly, I don't want any moaning players here, but this comment from the thread on the site hit the nail on the head:

Yawn. Yet another fading NBA player thinking he deserves a shot at a title so requests/demands to be traded to a contender. Contract is a contract, so go get fitted for a uniform until yer traded. If he really wants out, there should be no buyout - if you're so valuable, why don't you just agree to tear up the contract and take your chances in the free agent market?

Comment

Arse, that quote sums it up for me.

Not to mention his contract is actually only guaranteed for $5Mish.
              And buy-outs CAN be negotiated. Just because he's owed a certain amount on his contract, the buy-out can be negotiated to any price really. I guess Camby will be very flexible!

Comment

I as well posted on the main page...this is a power play and a heist....and I am having a DeNiro moment...Masai should have Leiweke give his agent a call and give him the facts about what "blackballin" really means.

Comment

I wouldn't like it if his buyout counts against our cap which i think it does. We want to be a friendly franchise but it's time to stop being a doormat for the league. Let him retire.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    I wouldn't like it if his buyout counts against our cap which i think it does. We want to be a friendly franchise but it's time to stop being a doormat for the league. Let him retire.
                    Buyouts don't count against the cap. Waiving him would.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                      he doesn't deserve a thread
                      A+

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        Buyouts don't count against the cap. Waiving him would.
                        Thanks.....I got lost in Salary Cap FAQ with that one

Comment

yeah Eff this. He's never gonna get paid what he's getting now. I would be happy with the Raps saying either you can stay home and get paid and go out like a chump or you can be a man and play and show teams you're worth your contract and we'll try to trade you.

Of course that never happens.
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I don't think we should get nothing for him. Trade him for something else. I don't think Masai would just throw him away either.

Comment

No buy out. Retire or show up to play. Work a trade if possible. Camby has made millions. If he want's to go to a contender, he can waive his salary and offer to play for the league minimum for whoever wants him. Man up.

Comment

Working...
                              X