Camby saga - buyout details in post #100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2KJ wrote: View Post
    I guess he's still mad at the raptors for trading him for oak. Alonzo 2.0. I expected more from him, I thought he would be gracious enough to play a player-assistant coach type of role like juwan howard, since his career started here. maybe he could mentor jonas defensively.

at least we still have novak, who's happy to be here, and is guaranteed to be of use. ship this bums ass outta here for 2nd round picks. we don't need him.
    Babcock should have made Mourning show up and pass physical to get paid. Rob Babcock had no balls. I am hoping Masai will play hardball with Camby. The tone Masai sets is crucial in my opinion.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      So he can teach perimeter players some post up game.

How did it go for Howard who trained with him in 2010 and 2011? Still no post game to speak of and his PPP started to fall starting in 2010-11 season.

I'm not questioning Hakeem's abilities. My only point is Sabonis is one of the greatest to ever play the game and is no slouch. If I were a young player, I'd be ecstatic to work with either.
      I'm not questioning Sabonis' abilities either. Also, Valanciunas has already spent time with Sabonis. Doesn't hurt to learn from another legend. Dwight Howard's always had no offensive ability other than dunking.. until he loses some of his hop he'll never learn.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
        I'm not questioning Sabonis' abilities either. Also, Valanciunas has already spent time with Sabonis. Doesn't hurt to learn from another legend. Dwight Howard's always had no offensive ability other than dunking.. until he loses some of his hop he'll never learn.
        Good point.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
          ... Novak is somewhat similar to Ryan Anderson (and a lot cheaper).
          Oh my God, no. I think so many people are so ecstatic that Bargnani is gone that they've overrated Novak way too much. Ryan Anderson is far superior to Novak. Hell, even Bargnani, skills-wise (aka, as a player in a vacuum, not for the role he had to play) is better than Novak. For example, for all the crap we gave Bargnani, Novak rebounds even worse. When people say Novak literally shoots threes and nothing else, they mean literally.

On topic, though, in a perfect world, Masai would hardball the hell out of Camby. And maybe I'm just so ecstatic Colangelo is gone that I've overrated Masai and been deluded into thinking he just might.
          Last edited by TRX; Sun Jul 7, 2013, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Bargnani is way better than Novak as far as ability..
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
              Ability shmability
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Too bad he doesn't use that ability

Comment

Added a poll based on the main ideas expressed so far in here.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    Too bad he doesn't use that ability
                    Yeah, it is actually a real shame..
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

@MySportsLegion: The Heat are interested in trading for Marcus Camby if they fail to resign the Birdman.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        @MySportsLegion: The Heat are interested in trading for Marcus Camby if they fail to resign the Birdman.
                        The only thing salary wise and logically that seems to makes sense is Joel Anthony.

He is going to give you an extra year and $2.8M in salary for 2014-15 - assumption he picks up his player option.

Any first round picks coming back?

Miami's 2015 is going to Cleveland.

They have Philly's 2014 top 14 protected - so yeah.

I'm not sure on the rules if they can trade their own 2014 pick to Toronto. You can't go 2 years in a row without a pick but with all the protections - namely Philly's pick - I'm not sure if they would be able to.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          The only thing salary wise and logically that seems to makes sense is Joel Anthony.

He is going to give you an extra year and $2.8M in salary for 2014-15 - assumption he picks up his player option.

Any first round picks coming back?

Miami's 2015 is going to Cleveland.

They have Philly's 2014 top 14 protected - so yeah.

I'm not sure on the rules if they can trade their own 2014 pick to Toronto. You can't go 2 years in a row without a pick but with all the protections - namely Philly's pick - I'm not sure if they would be able to.
                          Make it conditional, something like... if 2014 Philly's pick goes to Miami, Miami's 2014 goes to Toronto. If Philly retains their 2014 pick, Miami's 2017 pick and 2014 second-rounder go to Toronto. I think that would satisfy league conditions.

Comment

]Bargnani is actually better than a lot of players in the league if we are talking about what he could do but we live in reality here, and what he is, is a 7 foot soft, injury prone blackhole chucking 3s all game that stays away from the paint like its hot lava.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                              ]Bargnani is actually better than a lot of players in the league if we are talking about what he could do but we live in reality here, and what he is, is a 7 foot soft, injury prone blackhole chucking 3s all game that stays away from the paint like its hot lava.
                              I'm not defending the guy, believe me. I'm just trying to say don't expect much from Novak..

Comment

I'm not defending the guy, believe me. I'm just trying to say don't expect much from Novak..
                                I've said it before and I will say it again. If anyone expects ANYTHING more than elite 3pt shooting and porous defense out of Novak please speak now so we can correct you. The best thing about Novak, is you know EXACTLY what you are getting. I ranted a few weeks back about how I am sick of potential and would love to have more known quantities, or more players that you know exactly what you are getting and can plan around.
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X