Available PFs and FAs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    ...I think he is bottom feeding right now...
    Exactly. And waiting for great opportunities, He is in no rush to get into the playoffs or to contend for a finals spot. I think he is intent on building assets and waiting for chances to pick up talent when it is undervalued or involved in a fire sale situation. At the same time he is waiting until HIS assets are highly valued. Optimum situation is when both occur at the same time. I think Uijiri loves optimum situations.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      Frankly, I am surprised so many on the board wanting Ujiri to do deals to get the Raptors into the playoffs. Has he indicated this in any way? He has actually said and done nothing other than get rid of AB essentially for futures..... including getting even second tier f/as which tells me that he at best hasnt made up his mind and probably still looking to take a pass on the coming season with a few futures in pocket. I think he is bottom feeding right now. I think we shall have a better idea once July 10th comes around and most teams have done their f/a frenzy feeding. He seems to be in no hurry and I like it. The anti Colangelo who would rush in and be pressured to make deals seemingly overpaying and unsuited.

He definitely has made up his mind only we don't what's on his mind. The AB deal is not a clear indication but as you say, we'll find out in a few days. Considering MLE has not been used, I hope tanking is the plan but we'll see.
      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Come to think of it, forget the FA's for a second. What are we going to do with the wing problem (DD, Ross, Fields, Kleiza, Gay, Novak, Richardson)? We're like the David Khan of wings.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

The term "tanking" has become tiresome really....which I shall agree is a purposeful and premeditated loss of games with the express reason to achieve a good/better draft position. Is Boston tanking? I believe not. They are rebuilding. They are selling assets for which they are receiving what in their view (mix of players & draft choices) is the best strategy towards creating a new team in the image of one they are accustomed to.

The by-product of this strategy is that along the way they are going to have to endure a losing season or two. Is this called "tanking"? I reject the term in these circumstances. The classic use of the "tank" was what happened (and did not happen for the Raptors) in the 2011-2012 season when teams laid down towards the end of season to achieve better draft lottery balls while DC & BC played their best available team and players padded their stats in the face of of what was some blatant lie downs....resulting in a Ross instead of a Barnes or Lillard. And then compounded by not selecting Drummond.

My own opinion is that the Raptors as constituted is not a very good collection and that if MU agrees with that assessment and decides that it would be easier/quicker to do a makeover/rebuild by selling off assets....this is not a tanking. The Boston example is slightly different in that their assets have reached an age-expiry limit in their view rather than the mismatch/not good enough view in TO. We have been constantly decrying how Boston keeps beating up on TO...well now is a chance to strategize similarly with one of the best and beat them in the rebuild about to occur. I am assuming of course and hope that is the path MU will take.

Comment

raped is a little strong, you have to give something up to get something, if Monroe keeps going like he is now he might be the best player in that deal and i think he would make a nice combo with Valanciunas, Monroe had 16 ppg and 9.6 reb in his third year so saying we get raped is ridiculous Rudy Gay had 18 ppg and 6 reb, plus Monroe only makes 3.2 mill and Rudy makes 18
            i guarantee that is the type of deal MU is looking to make

now that i checked the stats i would make that trade for sure those two would be one of the best frontcourt pairings in the league and we would keep all our young players with an eye to next years draft

Edit: i think Monroe is probably the best player in that deal right now and we would have 17 mill coming off the books at the end of the year instead of waiting one more for Rudy to clear, i like Gay as much as anyone we have but i bet you right now that he leaves after his contract is done, same with Lowry, if you want to hitch the team's future to those two players i think you need to give your head a shake...
            Last edited by aaron.in.toronto; Sun Jul 7, 2013, 03:27 PM.
            Change the name...Give this city and this country something we can be PROUD of... something we can EMBRACE... something that REPRESENTS us... Please MLSE any name except Raptors...anything, please?

Comment

aaron.in.toronto wrote: View Post
              raped is a little strong, you have to give something up to get something, if Monroe keeps going like he is now he might be the best player in that deal and i think he would make a nice combo with Valanciunas, Monroe had 16 ppg and 9.6 reb in his third year so saying we get raped is ridiculous Rudy Gay had 18 ppg and 6 reb, plus Monroe only makes 3.2 mill and Rudy makes 18
              i guarantee that is the type of deal MU is looking to make

now that i checked the stats i would make that trade for sure those two would be one of the best frontcourt pairings in the league and we would keep all our young players with an eye to next years draft

Edit: i think Monroe is probably the best player in that deal right now and we would have 17 mill coming off the books at the end of the year instead of waiting one more for Rudy to clear, i like Gay as much as anyone we have but i bet you right now that he leaves after his contract is done, same with Lowry, if you want to hitch the team's future to those two players i think you need to give your head a shake...
              Raped might be strong. Definitely aggravated sexual assault though

Your rationale is great on Rudy vs. Monroe but you also gave them a starting PG for a guy who is looking more and more like a combo guard off the bench in Knight.

If you want to do a deal for Monroe/filler and Gay, I could get behind that. Not so much support for throwing in Lowry without getting more assets back.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                I don't get that idea, that a wing is better or more needed than a big guy. I think it's completely backwards. The problem is that the talentpool for big guys is much smaller and hence there are less super talented big guys.
                agreed and the money must be taken into consideration, if you were the GM of Memphis would you have kept Gay and traded Marc Gasol?
                Change the name...Give this city and this country something we can be PROUD of... something we can EMBRACE... something that REPRESENTS us... Please MLSE any name except Raptors...anything, please?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Raped might be strong. Definitely aggravated sexual assault though

Your rationale is great on Rudy vs. Monroe but you also gave them a starting PG for a guy who is looking more and more like a combo guard off the bench in Knight.

If you want to do a deal for Monroe/filler and Gay, I could get behind that. Not so much support for throwing in Lowry without getting more assets back.
                  thats fine, i really liked Lowry when we got him and i cant wait to see if he can turn it around this year, i just think that the deal is more realistic this way because they have to take the Gay contract...if they really offered those two scrubs for Gay then we would be giving them Lowry and a protected pick and they throw in Monroe and Knight... i think you are not giving Monroe the value he holds as a younger player looking good with a tiny contract, also i just cant see a long term future with Gay and Lowry on the team now that MU is the GM, do you really see us signing both of them once their deals expire?
                  I think it would be a good idea to do a Lowry ext. sooner rather then later if he starts playing d

i just watched Orlando in summer league(...i know it is summer league and is basically nothing to base anything off, but...) i really like Moe Harkless and Nicholson(not sure if thats how it's spelt...), would you do DD for Afflalo, harkless, and Nichlson?

Edit: if we were really trying to trade DD for Bledsoe (a deal i was hoping for...) i think MU wants Lowry gone, also knight had 13.3 ppg 3.3 reb and 4.0 ast in this his second year, while Lowry had 11.6 4.7 and 6.4 which is better but not much and in lowry's second year he had 9.6 3.1 and 3.2 so how Knight looks like a back-up and Lowry looks like starter is not really making that much sense to me, because he had more assists i guess...Knight also makes half the money that Lowry does and Knight shot 0.5 % better from three point range
                  Last edited by aaron.in.toronto; Sun Jul 7, 2013, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                    I don't get that idea, that a wing is better or more needed than a big guy. I think it's completely backwards. The problem is that the talentpool for big guys is much smaller and hence there are less super talented big guys.
                    The NBA have become a guards league. This is not the 80's or the 90's. In today's NBA you gotta have a great wing guy to succeed. A guy that can create his own shot and close out games.

I rather have a combo of JV + Gay than JV + Monroe.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      The NBA have become a guards league. This is not the 80's or the 90's. In today's NBA you gotta have a great wing guy to succeed. A guy that can create his own shot and close out games.
                      I rather have a combo of JV + Gay than JV + Monroe.
                      Partially correct:
                      Look at 3 out of 4 this years semi-finalists:
                      1. Spurs (Duncan, Splitter & Kawai)
                      2. Memphis (Gasol & ZBo)
                      3. Indiana (Hibbert & West);
                      WRT to Miami -it helps to have by far the best player on your team.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        Shocked that Brandan Wright and Hickson is still available. I like Wright.
                        Hickson at mid-level?
                        We still need a backup PG.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                          Partially correct:
                          Look at 3 out of 4 this years semi-finalists:
                          1. Spurs (Duncan, Splitter & Kawai)
                          2. Memphis (Gasol & ZBo)
                          3. Indiana (Hibbert & West);
                          WRT to Miami -it helps to have by far the best player on your team.

Not entirely a fair argument mon ami...you discounted:

1. Parker & Ginobli
                          2. Conley & Allen (agreed not the best argument here)
                          3. Hill & a developing star in Paul George

Comment

Billups for backup PG!!!

Comment

That's my hope at least....not any actual news if it misleads anyone.

Comment

Oh, the thread is supposed to be exclusively about PFs....title is misleading....it's not PFs and FAs, it's PF FAs.

Comment

Working...
                                X