So what happens if Rudy Gay opts out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    If this is the case, how was Tim Duncan able to take a paycut with his new contract/extension?
    That fits with the extension rules. When extending a contract, you can have as low a salary as you like in the extension years (down to the vet minimum). The exception is when there is an option in the player's contract - that's when the complex rules I posted come into play. Since Duncan didn't have an option in his contract, he could sign a discount extension no problem. Gay could do the same thing, but would have to opt into his player option year first - meaning the discount years are delayed by a season. That's the 2nd scenario I outlined above.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      How the eff have we not been fired?

I can see the headlines now...."Mass Layoffs Due To Basketball-Related Incompetence"
      LOL.

Well I'm one of the more competent ones in the office... there's been times when half the place runs out the door at the sound of the ice cream truck.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

i think gay opts out if he has a really good to great year. with an average season i think he takes the money.

i think we can quote xixak as saying lebron, wade, bosh, and melo will all be free agents after this year.

Comment

Yes, just like Paul and Howard were last year.

Comment

Working...
          X