No announcement yet.

Official: Tyler Hansbrough Signs 2 Year Deal With The Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know if this has been posted, but just making sure: It's official.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Tyler the creator... of MASS DESTRUCTION!

Comment

• T-Wrecks (T-Rex)

Pun intended for ferocious, carnivorous dinosaur reference; he's a wrecking-ball on the court

Comment

• Psycho-T is an awesome nickname. Plus you don't get to pick you nicknames, other people give them and you're stuck with it.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• I love the name Psycho T. It fits.

Comment

• Comment

• Profster wrote: View Post
                I love the name Psycho T. It fits.
                Jesus... that photo, better than any scary prank... If I would see that image after being waked up in midnight... "aaaarghh" (little girls voice)
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Mr. T

Veloci-T

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htwkRYa0gOk bonjour

Comment

• Some background on Tyler

Hi, first-time poster. Normally I'm just a lurker, but after scanning the pages of this thread, I thought I'd add my 2 cents worth to encourage fans. I follow college and NBA so I think I have insight into Tyler's abilities more than most. Judging from some of the opinions offered, I'd gather that most just follow NBA and are basing their opinions on reputation.

I don't think any of the player analogies (eg. another Quincy Acy, or the hockey player comparisons) are really all that close. He has a lot more skill than people give him credit for. He was the best player on good-to-great UNC teams (sweet 16, final 8, final 4, national champs) and won the player of the year his junior year. He was 20/8.6 player (20/10 junior). I don't think you can do that and win without skill and IQ, even if it's "only college". For example, Quincy Acy or Mark Madsen (a comparison given coming out of college) would never have dreamed of doing that. Of course he won't get that in the NBA, but I'm just saying he has skill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTmtr7i3DQs).

I think he's one of those players that in order to flourish offensively he has to start and get into a rhythm. I don't think he does as well coming off the bench. I think the stats bear that out, the year before West was signed and during games where West was injured (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtdgKiivjZs). He's actually more offensive-minded than defensive-minded and could average 15-20 starting, but it would probably be on a team below .500. He's actually had the 15-20 foot jumper since college (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4nrEPFt2DE), but I think he has trouble getting into rhythm off the bench and with limited minutes. He won't be a starter on a good team, so he'll have to learn to deal with it. If the Raps are really bad though, maybe we'll get a chance to see him do that .

As far as personality goes, I don't think the jerk comparisons are accurate. My impression is that he's a pretty straight-up, hard-working, law-abiding, good attitude kind of guy who doesn't complain and is liked by his teammates. Sean Avery or goon comparisons aren't close at all. I'm not sure where his behaviour in the JV incident came from because he was never known for that in college and I've never gotten the impression that he's dirty at all. People definitely don't like it if you play with contact and play hard. Sometimes it's hard to get the whole story of a confrontation from 10 second clips. You don't know what happened in the minutes leading up to it.

To be clear, he's no NBA all-star. His lack of upper level athleticism limits his impact in the NBA. But I think Rap fans should be happy to get him. Hope this helps!

Comment

• No let's be clear, he's a dirty player. Nice to have on your team but ultimately a dirty player.

Comment

• He may be a bit dirty...primarily I think he's just physical with a bit of dirt, and a fairly loud personality....either way, I'm much happier with him on my team for 3 million per than I would be with Wright (who's pretty soft) at 4 million per....

Tim MacMahon: It's a virtual certainty Brandan Wright returns to Mavs. Sides discussing deal in $4M per year range. Might be 2-year deal.

Comment

• Right, Hansbrough has the qualities that Raptors don't have as of the moment.
                            He definitely will lift the team not only via hussle but more on defense and not to mention his ability to be in double double average if given a higher playing minutes. PsychoT will be Raptors favorite eventually. All of Hansbroughs effort is dedicated to helping his team. Lets Go Raptors!!!

Comment

• Agree.

Comment

• 11 pages on a back up...well, at least it's not on a guy who couldn't even pass his physical
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X