Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final: Memphis Grizzlies 109 - Toronto Raptors 102

Memphis Grizzlies @ Toronto Raptors

26-26, 5th Southwest, (Road: 8-17) -- 29-23, 2nd Atlantic, (Home: 20-6)

WHEN: Wed., Feb. 17, 2010 at 7:00 pm ET
    WHERE: Air Canada Centre
    TV/Radio: SCORE, SCORE HD, FAN590 Radio

TORONTO RAPTORS
    (click on logo for team stats)

Starters

(L to R): Jack, DeRozan, Turkoglu, Bosh, Bargnani

Bench

(L to R): Johnson, Nestrovic, Wright, Weems, Calderon, Evans, Belinelli

Team Injuries/Inactive List

(L to R): Banks, O'Bryant

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES
    (click on logo for team stats)

Starters

(L to R): Conley, Mayo, Gay, Randolph, Gasol

Bench

(L to R): Williams, Carroll, Young, Thabeet, Arthur, Tinsley, Hudson

Team Injuries/Inactive List

(L to R): Haddadi, Hunter

Who's Hot

TORONTO RAPTORS

Andrea: 23 ppg in last 4 gp / Bosh: 28.5 ppg in last 4 gp

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

ZBo: 20.5 ppg in last 14 gp / Gay: 22 ppg in last 3 gp

Key Match-ups

Zach Randolph vs. Chris Bosh

Marc Gasol vs. Andrea Bargnani

GAME PREVIEWS

(click on image for preview *NOTE: only available on "Game Day")

(click on image for preview *NOTE: only available on "Game Day")

Prediction

Let's see if we can take advantage of the reeling Grizzlies. Here's hoping.

I think its safe to say that Hedo is not a good fit for here in Toronto. That was a horrible performance from him this evening.

Disappointing loss. We can't lose games like tonight especially when we're playing at home. I hope this is a wake up call because more efforts like this and we'll be off the wagon again.

Comment

I blame Triano for the loss.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        I blame Triano for the loss.
        Not saying that I agree or disagree with you, but what would you have done different? Thanks
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          Not saying that I agree or disagree with you, but what would you have done different? Thanks
          Sonny Weems and DD got less minutes then Wright and Hedo even though they were the better players on the floor tonight. Hedo was simply pathetic out there, he should have been benched for lack of effort on both ends of the floor.

How many times did we have to see on the pick and roll, Rudy Gay facing up against Jose and scoring at ease??! bad communications between Jose and Hedo which led to this and Triano never attempted to change things.

Why is Reggie Evans gets glued to the bench when he only plays 4 minutes and in those 4 minutes not only does he scores 4 points and grabs 4 rebounds but his effort was infectious and the Raptors played much harder when he was on the floor.

The time outs Triano had in the last minute of the game, lead to nothing both on the defensive end and offensive end which caused the Grizz to tie the game and send it to overtime.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            I think its safe to say that Hedo is not a good fit for here in Toronto. That was a horrible performance from him this evening.

Disappointing loss. We can't lose games like tonight especially when we're playing at home. I hope this is a wake up call because more efforts like this and we'll be off the wagon again.
            im beginning to lose my patience with this team and this forum. turkoglu will not be doing anything if he is the kick out guy for when teams two time bosh on the move. he will not be doing anything playing with bargnani. he will not be doing anything playin alongside calderon. he doesnt fit with this team and they dont fit with him. its that simple, clear as day, and it isnt debatable. so, here is what toronto must do in the off season to avoid this.

either, trade bargnani for a guy who commands a double team. trade calderon for a guy who doesnt dominate the ball and make turk the point guard. if they do not make turk the point guard then trade him to a team that isnt so mentally inept. im getting sick and tired of repeating my self over and over. who knew this team was going to use him in this way. its unimaginable and baffling.

btw, Bosh chokes the game away once again. you knew it was coming. what good are his huge stats that everyone jizzes their pants over if the team loses? what good is it? what does it really mean? ill tell you what, it means nothing!!!!!! nothing!! im tired of this short armed shooter clanking jumpers off the front rim in the clutch!!!! he continues to prove why he isnt anywhere close to wades and lebrons level.

to all those bitching and moaning about turkoglus one point performance. GET USED TO IT. It will be happening for the next 3 years if he is continued to be used in this way. you dont have to like it but thats just the way it is and the way its going to be. save yourself the stress by not having a bitch fit after every dissapointing performance. btw, why was turkoglu sitting on the bench for 18 minutes and then brought in when he was ice cold?

who wants to explain that one for me?
            Last edited by Raffy15; Fri Feb 19, 2010, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Raffy15 wrote: View Post
              im beginning to lose my patience with this team and this forum. turkoglu will not be doing anything if he is the kick out guy for when teams two time bosh on the move. he will not be doing anything playing with bargnani. he will not be doing anything playin alongside calderon. he doesnt fit with this team and they dont fit with him. its that simple, clear as day, and it isnt debatable. so, here is what toronto must do in the off season to avoid this.

either, trade bargnani for a guy who commands a double team. trade calderon for a guy who doesnt dominate the ball and make turk the point guard. if they do not make turk the point guard then trade him to a team that isnt so mentally inept. im getting sick and tired of repeating my self over and over. who knew this team was going to use him in this way. its unimaginable and baffling.

btw, Bosh chokes the game away once again. you knew it was coming.
              LMAO .... if we all wore rose-colour glasses like yourself Raffy.

I'm not entirely blaming Hedo, but he's been a bigger deterrent than anyone else this season. You can blame the Triano and the coaching staff for their "misuse" of him, but at the end of the day he's very much accountable for his lack of contribution this season.

Anyhow, no one's forcing you to stay here so if you don't like what you see then please feel free to leave. I don't imagine you'll find too many other pro-Hedo Raptors forums out there these days.

P.S. you're really grasping for straws with your Bosh choking comment. Nice try though. LOL

Comment

btw, Bosh chokes the game away once again. you knew it was coming.
                I agree with the general theme of your post. Turk is just not happy in Toronto and his actions, including coming into camp out of shape, and his play show it.

In Orlando he was the focus of the offense, not Howard or anyone else. Now in Toronto he has been relegated to a non scoring Small Forward. If scoring was his game then he could have probably made a better adjustment as Toronto's second or third option on offense. But it isn't so Turkoglu was hung out to gather flies and flies he is gathering.

BC made a big mistake in signing him, not because Turk is overpaid for what he can do, but because he is not being utilized in a way that maximizes his ability and as a result it has become a lose-lose situation for the Raptors and Turkoglu.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                  I agree with the general theme of your post. Turk is just not happy in Toronto and his actions, including coming into camp out of shape, and his play show it.

In Orlando he was the focus of the offense, not Howard or anyone else. Now in Toronto he has been relegated to a non scoring Small Forward. If scoring was his game then he could have probably made a better adjustment as Toronto's second or third option on offense. But it isn't so Turkoglu was hung out to gather flies and flies he is gathering.

BC made a big mistake in signing him, not because Turk is overpaid for what he can do, but because he is not being utilized in a way that maximizes his ability and as a result it has become a lose-lose situation for the Raptors and Turkoglu.
                  johnny: hey mom, whats for dinner tonight?

mom: leftovers tonight honny.

johnny: leftovers, gross! why cant we eat fresh meals like chris and andrea have.

mom: this isnt up for discussion johnny. youre having leftovers and thats that!

johnny: ughhh. fine, but i wont be happy with it!!

leftovers, is what defines turks stay in toronto. you nailed it. absolutely nailed it. maybe you can find a role in the front office? turkoglu is a clever playmaker who can score. he isnt a dreadnought scorer who can light it up without the ball in his hands. you guys may not like it but thats the way it is. criticize it, bemoan it, but accept it.
                  Last edited by Raffy15; Fri Feb 19, 2010, 02:39 PM.

Comment

LMAO .... if we all wore rose-colour glasses like yourself Raffy.

I'm not entirely blaming Hedo, but he's been a bigger deterrent than anyone else this season. You can blame the Triano and the coaching staff for their "misuse" of him, but at the end of the day he's very much accountable for his lack of contribution this season.

Anyhow, no one's forcing you to stay here so if you don't like what you see then please feel free to leave. I don't imagine you'll find too many other pro-Hedo Raptors forums out there these days.

P.S. you're really grasping for straws with your Bosh choking comment. Nice try though. LOL
                    ill be staying wherever i want naismith. believe dat. funny, how a player can be so great in one place but be so average in another. think its his role thats the problem? undoubtedly youll bring up the effort issue once again and once again youll be wrong. hedo was/is dicouraged by his pathetic role within this team. its almost like he is not apart of the team. would you be playing all out when your team doesnt give a shit about you?

they dont care about him, why should he care about them. dont say they gave him all that money so that means they care about him. no man. dont you get it? they did that to show bosh they were serious. they signed hedo to ease boshes mind. they dont actually care about hedo.

Comment

ill be staying wherever i want naismith. believe dat. funny, how a player can be so great in one place but be so average in another. think its his role thats the problem? undoubtedly youll bring up the effort issue once again and once again youll be wrong. hedo was/is dicouraged by his pathetic role within this team. its almost like he is not apart of the team. would you be playing all out when your team doesnt give a shit about you?
                      Boohoo ... cry me a river. Your crying and whining here is getting old.

Yes, we all admit that Hedo's is not the right fit here in Toronto, but for you to be his "protector" with your constant excuses and not admit in the slightest that he too is accountable for his shortcomings leaves me baffled. According to you, the Raptors are entirely the problem and not Hedo himself.

BTW, you can stay wherever you want, but keep in mind I might be able to change that here.

Comment

Boohoo ... cry me a river. Your crying and whining here is getting old.

Yes, we all admit that Hedo's is not the right fit here in Toronto, but for you to be his "protector" with your constant excuses and not admit in the slightest that he too is accountable for his shortcomings leaves me baffled. According to you, the Raptors are entirely the problem and not Hedo himself.

BTW, you can stay wherever you want, but keep in mind I might be able to change that here.
                        im not crying and dont threaten me.

Comment

im not crying and dont threaten me.

Comment

Working...
                          X