Ujiri: He'd Be "Comfortable" Beginning Season With This Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
    There was a Casey interview a while back where he said Lowry was in the worst shape of his career when this season started. It was up on realgm I think but I can't find it there, here is a forum that has the quote.

http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/dc-...lbs-25453.html
    Lowry eat too many Twinkies?

Comment

• Rinse and Spin....and repeat constantly by the newspaper scribes.

As in his opening news conf. is Ujiri REALLY going to tell these guys/us what his plan is? Is he going to name shopping names if indeed he is? What is he supposed to say in answer to impatient questions? The answer seems to be typically identical....anyone is available at a price to improve the team (for other GMs consumption), I am not going to give my players away (for other GMs and us), perfectly happy to begin the season with this team (for GMs and players on team showing confidence). He has to address all constituencies when answering these questions.

This is the first day of f/a signings. There are still some value names to be signed. Teams who miss out on them have to fallback to trading possibilities. In the immediate term I see this period extending for at least a month/maybe shorter of transaction activity before there is some certainty about the team content starting the season. He is leaving his options open. He gains nothing by telling anyone what his true opinion of the team is (we have only TL's) but speak in generalities. I would have been disappointed if he did otherwise.

Comment

• Masai Ujiri fan590 interview about to go live 6pm Fan590

head to http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/ in order to listen in and comment on the fly
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• "Tanking is disrespectful to the team, the players, and the fans."
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Thanks for posting this! I'm listening right now

Comment

• Interesting point of view on not taking a chance and tanking: "what if some of them stay in school? then what do we do?"
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• "we won't be taking on ANY long term contracts." - Masai Ujiri

Comment

• "We're basically in a win-win situation right now... if we do well then good, if we do bad, then it isn't totally disastrous."
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• "we have a two year plan here" - Masai Ujiri

Comment

• "We looked over the past three years, and the three years I was here... even back at his rookie year. From that information, we came to the conclusion that time was up." (on Bargs)
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• "We'll keep options open with Camby, I've known him for a long time."
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• on Camby. "we are going to keep our options open."

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            I told you guys. Ujiri is a master retooler, he's not with that tanking BS
                            Huh? Who are you again?
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• All of these things he's saying. His opinions. They could change 6 months from now..
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Things I took from this.

1.) He is gearing up to have a much flexibility as humanly possible in 2015

2.) adamant about not taking on any long term contracts. Which makes it tough to tank when you wont take back shit contracts.

3.) Only tanking that is going to occur will be of the natural variety. I.E. we just end up plain sucking. As he says its win-win if we suck we win if we don't we win.

Comment

Working...
                                X