Metta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metta

Wouldnt it be awesome if the Raptors picked up Metta and paired him with Pysho T??

Kidding aside tho, wouldnt that be a killer defense??

Lowry, Gay, Metta, Psycho T, JV.

MWP said he wants to finish in NYC + he likes Knicks offer very much.. so we have no chance.

Comment

The team needs a backup PG before they splurge on any other free agents..

I also think MWP would take away minutes from Ross. Even though he's more of a SF he would be brought in for his 3&D which I would like Ross to develop more next season. Him being a headcase is also not a good thing.. I would imagine that he'd be a problem in the locker room especially for a non-contending team.

I think he's interested in playing for NY from what I last heard anyways.

Comment

Artest is so washed up he should be drying next to my dishes.

Pass. He's not good defensively anymore, and he's horrible offensively. He's not a good leader or stabilizing presence as a veteran. I see only negatives to adding him. ONLY NEGATIVES.

Comment

MWP's reputation exceeds his ability because he is well past his prime. You could say the same thing about other aging players like Steve Nash, Manu Ginobili, etc.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Artest is so washed up he should be drying next to my dishes.

Pass. He's not good defensively anymore, and he's horrible offensively. He's not a good leader or stabilizing presence as a veteran. I see only negatives to adding him. ONLY NEGATIVES.
            He actually played pretty decently last season.. at least his offensive numbers were close to his career average. His defense has definitely slipped. I would pass too, but I still think he has a couple of more years left in him.

Comment

He'll need to clear waivers first.

Cleveland has a need, a relationship through Mike Brown, and cap space.

But assuming he is not picked up, I think he goes to the Knicks.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                He'll need to clear waivers first.

Cleveland has a need, a relationship through Mike Brown, and cap space.

But assuming he is not picked up, I think he goes to the Knicks.
                Bynum and MWP on the same team, but without Kobe and Phil.. that's a lethal combination.

Comment

Hey everybody you know what the Raptors need

another wing who can't shoot

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    He actually played pretty decently last season.. at least his offensive numbers were close to his career average. His defense has definitely slipped. I would pass too, but I still think he has a couple of more years left in him.
                    But you don't sign him for his offense. There's nothing about his offense that's worth signing him for. And it really hasn't been all that good since he's been with LA. His best offensive years are far behind him. He's always been a defensive player though, and that ability has dropped off enough that he's not useful enough in that sense to sign him as a stopper now, either. Therefore, in my opinion, there are only negatives to signing such a guy...especially when you throw in that he's a basketcase.

Comment

I can't think of a single reason why he'd be a good fit here.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Here's hoping M signs with the Knicks. Is that an implosion waiting to happen? Is Isiah the real gm?

Comment

Interesting = yes
                          should/could/would = hell no

More excited about him defending Kobe again. *imitates cutting throat*
                          Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
                          Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
                          Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

Comment

Metta is going to CHina to be a Buddhist

Comment

How come everytime a player becomes available or is rumored to be on the trade block, someone always thinks he'd be a nice pick up just because.

Comment

Working...
                              X