Alvin Williams
    Doug Christie
    Walt Williams
    Matt Bonner
    Pops Mensah-Bonsu
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
      I would actually start Psycho-T. Not because he's better than Amir but because Amir can actually play both the 4 and 5 spots. If you start Amir, your first center off the bench is Gray (Camby likely will be gone) which is awful.
      I like this idea, and I love the idea of getting Hansbrough going early to just annoy the opposing team, you know what you're going to get with Amir and id love that off the bench and keep him out of Foul Trouble to play in crunch time. Should also be noted Gay will be playing minutes at the 4 this season as well.

Comment

Psycho T is just as bad as Amir when it comes to fouling. Between the two of them and Val we're going to be playing a ton of small ball.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Also starting Hansbrough over Amir would be like taking Lena Dunham home over Allison Williams
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            Also starting Hansbrough over Amir would be like taking Lena Dunham home over Allison Williams
            Small sample sizes and different teams buuuuuut:

Hansbrough in 8 games last season starting:

26:48 mins
            14.8 pts
            5.3/10.8 FG
            48.8%
            4.3/5.6 FT
            75.6 %
            4.4/5.8/10.1 O/D/TOT
            0.9 ast
            1.1 TO
            0.6 STL
            0.1 BLK
            1.8 PF

I'm shocked by the personal fouls.

The main reason I'd start Hansbrough over Amir is the idea of Amir's flexibility at the PF/C spot. He can play either while T is just a PF.

Comment

Hansbrough is going to go for far too much money during the live auctions around here... LOL

Comment

The thing is not many teams have that great of back up centers that you need to hold Amir in reserve. All you do is bring Tyler in for whatever big is in foul trouble first.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                  The thing is not many teams have that great of back up centers that you need to hold Amir in reserve. All you do is bring Tyler in for whatever big is in foul trouble first.
                  That is a good point.

Comment

Me I would start tyler cause I feel like amir would be a big help to the bench as a 6man and I like ross novak amir combo maybe tyler can impress as a starter if u start amir we have no proven value off the bench

Comment

I'd start Amir at first but make it clear to both guys that Tyler can take the spot if he plays better. I don't think there is too much doubt about how the line up would look if we started tomorrow:
                      Lowry
                      DD
                      Gay
                      Amir
                      Jonas

Hansbrough is the first big off the bench and then I guess Fields or Ross, depending on who is playing better.

I think our bench is weaker this year than it was to start last year. Remember that at the beginning of last year we had Jose and Amir coming off he bench with spot minuts from Ed Davis. I'd say those three are better than Hansbrough, Novak, and Ross.
                      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                        That's pretty much where I'm at, though not just in relation to foul trouble. As you say, few teams have much quality at #2 C, so most are using a PF/c on the 2nd unit, which Amir can handle quite well while Jonas gets a breather. No question in my mind that Amir should start over Hansbrough.

Comment

You can still start amir and just make it so that he splits his minutes between PF and C. 23 mins at PF, 15 at C, let hansbrough play the rest at PF and JV will play the bulk of the minutes at C

Comment

I personally really can't wait to watch this team next year.

Comment

ab7 wrote: View Post
                              As of today if the roster stay put who's in your staring five ? More precisly do you start tyler or amir ???
                              Lowry, DD, Gay, Hansborough, JV.

I think ill put Hansborough in there to dictate the defense early and hopefully also get the other guys psyched up to defend aggressively. Plus, seems that Amir plays better when he's on the 2nd unit.

I want to see when they play small ball with the 2nd unit - Stone, DD, Novak, Hansborough and Amir.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                                Lowry, DD, Gay, Hansborough, JV.

I think ill put Hansborough in there to dictate the defense early and hopefully also get the other guys psyched up to defend aggressively. Plus, seems that Amir plays better when he's on the 2nd unit.
                                Amir was part of all our best defensive lineups last year and I get the feeling that Hansborough is most effective as an energy guy, in shorter bursts. I'd rather bring his energy/rebounding in with the young/inexperienced 2nd unit.

Comment

Working...
                                X