Concert tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    Frank Ocean had to pull out this weekend too: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/07...n_3676666.html
    Any relation to Billy Ocean?

if not, not interested. i'd spend the whole time upset that he didn't break into some "Caribbean Queen"

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
      Any relation to Billy Ocean?

if not, not interested. i'd spend the whole time upset that he didn't break into some "Caribbean Queen"
      Billy Ocean cover band.

Comment

Yeah man, I'd recommend bringing your own sh*t dude, people jack up the price to crazy amounts at these things.

Got my bracelet btw, some chick in the old port got me to go meet her in her office.. She has a boyfriend though so it's messy, but it's so easy to stay in touch with these girls after.. I cracked a joke afterwards because like a block over from her work there's a random car tipped over on it's side on a quiet street where the speed limit is like 10, so I'm like yeah, that's how they riot here in the old port, they half turn one car, not even flip it over.. Then they just stand around it, like yeah, this is good, good job guys. Something that simple and you're in, now we're friends.

How long are you in town for Heinz?

Btw I paid 400, probably the cheapest you're going to find, the girl I bought it off has 2 more if anyone needs

Comment

400 for a 3-day? that seems reasonable actually... considering the INSANE prices I've seen

Friday doesn't count, so basically i'm there from Saturday to Monday

Got an email blast from Osheaga... apparently they're going to have this..

Igloo Dome 360

One of the new installations not to be missed is the Igloo, a 360-degree dome in which there will be projections of DJ Food’s The Search Engine, Social Mosa interactive content linked to Instagram, Vine and Twitter, and sets by Montreal DJs during the evening.

Molly is going to love that.

Comment

oh f$%# me...

forecast in montreal is calling for rain all weekend...

I already packed..... a crapload of shorts and t-shirts..

looks like I gotta rethink this one..

Comment

Man that igloo sounds trippy.. Gotta check that out..

Just buy a poncho and you're set bro haha, it's gonna be hot anyways.. I saw that too, my girl is visiting family in T.O and she said it was beautiful there today, but here in MTL it was ugly and raining.. I hope that calms down man, don't want it to mess up the weekend.

I'm pumped though man, another thing they have there is amazing food, idk if you've tried these pizza cones before, but they're amazing.. Any down time and that's probably where I'm at if I'm not having long intimate moments with my girl Mary Jane..

Speaking of which, you know how lax security is? What are you allowed bringing in with you? Water, yeah? Vodka that looks like water maybe? Haha. Anyways, for real, if you wanna get together and chill, drop me a line

Comment

still in Toronto... but should be making my way down after work... im assuming it's going to be a clusterfuck as soon as I get there... everyone else i'm going with left yesterday... i'm going to go out on a limb and assume they're going to be completely mindfucked by the time I show up

you're allowed to bring in one bottle of water... not sure if they're going to sniff at it to make sure it's not booze... never been to osheaga before... I know at Coachella they were relaxed as hell... but different country, different rules

I've been checking the forecast for montreal pretty regularly... my god you guys have some schitzo weather forecasts... the forecast for Saturday drastically changes every day

Comment

Yeah, for real, packed as hell there man.. Good day though dude, the security is lax, people got booze in easily.. Allowed more than one water bottle, I'll probably fill a couple with tequila for tomorrow, beer is 7 bucks a pop and that doesn't do sh*t to get you buzzed. You can smoke weed pretty much anywhere freely, don't have to worry about that either.

idk wtf happened with K-Os but he came 20 mins late and did one song and left.. Idk what was up with that, but I see he's doing an hour tomorrow now, so that's cool man.

The weather forecasts are always like that so don't really worry about it, it's all guess work haha.

Comment

Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
                    idk wtf happened with K-Os but he came 20 mins late and did one song and left.. Idk what was up with that, but I see he's doing an hour tomorrow now, so that's cool man.
                    From the Montreal Gazette:

And the award for Osheaga drama queen goes to… k-os.

The Toronto rapper is well past his prime. And his new album Black on Blonde – despite guest appearances by Emily Haines, Black Thought, Shad, Saukrates, and Sam Roberts – is a bit of a mess. So when he took the stage 20 minutes late, as the day’s first show on the mountain stage, there was reason to worry. He began to rhyme over an amped up Public Enemy sample, but stopped after a few minutes. “I can’t do this right now – I can’t hear myself,” he said. He threw his all access VIP bracelet into the crowd,and walked off the stage. Very rock ‘n’ roll, man, but it’s not going to win you any new fans. And next time, maybe skip the Blue Jays cap.

Comment

The Blue Jays are a Canadian team, not just Toronto.. Also K-Os is from Toronto so anyone who hates on him for that is pretty ridiculous.

Anyways, amazing day. Didn't know lead singer of our lady peace was doing a solo thing but that was one of the highlights of the day. K-Os was putting on a rock 'n' roll facade today too.. He only played 3 of his hits, the rest were like random rock songs.. Idk what he was trying to do, people were pumped to hear him, and when he left, he left on a song no one knew, and he didn't even say anything to the crowd.. Great music, kinda a douche person by the looks of it

Comment

Maida has some decent solo stuff. Didn't know he was playing there. Sounds like a dec. show. K'Os is well past his prime "crabbuckit" days. I think the last song I liked was Sunday Morning and that wasn't even that great.
                        Last edited by LBF; Sun Aug 4, 2013, 12:13 PM.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Just got home. . Quick review...

Main stage stuff I saw were mainly disappointments... Only thing i saw there that I really liked was tegan and sara.. and it just got to be a clusterfuck trying to navigate around there on sunday

Sunday electronic stage stole the show for me.. especially disclosure and pretty lights. . Angel haze on sat night was awesome as well

Comment

Man I stayed in the same spot most of Saturday and Sunday without much regret, near the front of the main stage on the right, but right next to the barrier separating the two stages so I had a really good view of both.. Navigating out of there was hell so I decided to stay put.

Macklemore was insane imo.. That song same love they did with Tegan and Sara felt like.. Special man. Also during most of the show after that I had this girl grinding hard against me man... Very unexpected, she may have been tipsy, her friend tried to get her to stop but man she was a trooper, I was like her personal stripper pole for an hour or so. I love hippy blonde chicks man, that's all I gotta say.

Kendrick's my dude, idk, he had some good songs obviously but not a lot you could sing along to, but I still found it really good. Also how can you not like New Order or Mumford dude? Mumford was crazy good, and I'm not even one of these obsessed little nerdy Mumford fans who were like kinda creepy standing behind me and staring our way instead of the stage most of the time.

Did you see Grouplove Saturday? They're great performers, that dude has a unique sound, there was a certain thing he was doing with his voice that reminded me of old Blind Melon stuff. Also Alt J were good, and Silversun Pickups, Gaslight Anthems, etc. I was at the electronic stage most of Friday, the rest was at the main stages, met a lot of cool people. There was this Newfoundland flag during the Mumford song like waving the whole time right in our way in front of the stage, and I told the guy next to me how it was my flag and he said it was his too, turns out he grew up like 20 minutes away from me in a small city in Newfoundland.. Crazy coincidence. Also met a group of Newfies on Friday and I told them what part I was from and they actually knew one of my friends.. So weird haha.

Comment

i liked Macklemore when he did the song with Tegan & Sara... and when he did Thrift Shop... but overall, I HATED him... mind you, I was trippin BALLS at that point... the 5 minutes of talking between songs was just killing me

I actually missed both New Order and Mumford & Sons... both on purpose... They were on at the same time as Disclosure and Pretty Lights.. and at that point we were in "finish all our party favours as quick as possible" mode, so electronic stage made the most sense

Big Boi was the hugest disappointment though... dude just did snippets of all the Outkast hits without Andre 3000... and played Outkast videos on the screens... i'm pretty sure he released a solo album not too long ago that he could have easily performed

Comment

Yeah man I think we solved your problem When he sang Can't Hold Us the crowd in the front went iiiinsane, definitely if you were up front it would have changed your whole experience, but not on Molly. I was with some dudes on Molly on Saturday and one of our dudes were on a bad trip so we had to like get out of the crowd half way through Flogging Molly.. Dude could barely walk, shit, was annoying, I ditched them after and did my own thing

Yeah Big Boi was crippled too.. Who tf were those guys with him bouncing around on stage while he sat on his stupid ass throne.. WTF. He played a few of his own songs in the start of his set though, then the second half was all Outkast stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X