Top Ten Best Moves of The Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Ten Best Moves of The Summer

You can check out the Insider article for the other nine but here is the one I really care about:

Masai Ujiri to Toronto Raptors (5 years, $15 million)
    Ujiri's move from the Denver Nuggets to Toronto as general manager may prove far more meaningful than most of this summer's player transactions.
    Ujiri fleeced the New York Knicks out of a first-round pick in the process of shedding Andrea Bargnani's onerous contract.
    Since management doesn't count against the salary cap, there's an argument to be made that GMs are undervalued. Ujiri, who is making about the same per year as a typical eighth man, may prove that point if he can turn the Raptors around.
    Source: ESPN.com

In other news they named Calderon signed for $29M by Dallas as one of the worst moves.

Jose must have dressed up as Zorro to get that deal. Good for him. I think Cuban is losing his touch and has other interests.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      Jose must have dressed up as Zorro to get that deal. Good for him. I think Cuban is losing his touch and has other interests.
      I said this in another thread and it seems appropriate here given the quoted post....

Does anyone think that Cuban blowing up his team after a championship and not letting them defend their title soured his reputation among players and/or agents?

I'm thinking yes.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        When did he ever have a "touch"? He's terrible. Nash/Dirk/Finley were gifted to him and he ended up ruining that by letting Nash go. Trading for Chandler was like his only good move ever.

Comment

dude won a championship... dont hate
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
            Dude blew up a championship team while Dirk was still in his prime for financial reasons.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I said this in another thread and it seems appropriate here given the quoted post....

Does anyone think that Cuban blowing up his team after a championship and not letting them defend their title soured his reputation among players and/or agents?

I'm thinking yes.
              absolutely. one thing players understand outside of $ is loyalty and i think when cuban traded away a guy who was crucial to their championship like tyson chandler it sent a message what the team was really all about
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                absolutely. one thing players understand outside of $ is loyalty and i think when cuban traded away a guy who was crucial to their championship like tyson chandler it sent a message what the team was really all about
                It wasn't just Chandler.

It was Terry, Barea, Brewer, Haywood, and Stevenson as well.

But yeah, I totally agree with you.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  Who is hating?

He won a championship and then made a business decision to tear it down and go another direction. It has backfired big time on him thus far.

Comment

Cuban swung for the fences. He wanted Paul. He wanted Howard. He got neither. If he got one or both we woudln't be having this conversation. I said it when it was happening, it was a brutal move to rip apart a championship team like that no matter the odds of the repeat. Cuban made a mess of things but like entitlement said, he still deserves respect because he won it. You can try to discredit that but you don't win it by chance. I'd prefer him over Rogers and Bell. You know exactly what Cuban wants to achieve and you know the bottom line isn't going to be a barrier.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Cuban swung for the fences. He wanted Paul. He wanted Howard. He got neither. If he got one or both we woudln't be having this conversation. I said it when it was happening, it was a brutal move to rip apart a championship team like that no matter the odds of the repeat. Cuban made a mess of things but like entitlement said, he still deserves respect because he won it. You can try to discredit that but you don't win it by chance. I'd prefer him over Rogers and Bell.
                      Just to be clear, I'm not attempting to discredit him.

Just pointing out his gamble of blowing up the championship team has not paid off.

Comment

Yeah, and he has no short term hope of getting that team back to where it was. They're a second round team at best now and they'll be capped at that point until they change course.

I know one thing, the Mavs fans have envious problems from our perspective.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, and he has no short term hope of getting that team back to where it was. They're a second round team at best now and they'll be capped at that point until they change course.

I know one thing, the Mavs fans have envious problems from our perspective.
                          lol

True

But it tends to be a what have you done for me lately kind of mentality in sports.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            But it tends to be a what have you done for me lately kind of mentality in sports.
                            Do you watch 'Shark Tank'?? Cuban's done a lot!! haha

Comment

Working...
                            X