Gong Show in NY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Boston got knocked out of the playoffs in the eastern conference finals by Miami. Within months Allen signs with Miami. That's something a traitor would do. Just saying, what if Raptors made the playoffs and we got knocked out in the conference finals by Miami and then one of our best players signed with Miami in free-agency? Well if that happened most Raptor fans would boo that guy every chance we got.

I understand why he would do it but it's just not cool and a total slap in the face. Ray couldn't beat 'em so he joined 'em and I don't respect that.
    Again though, he was a free agent. It's also a total slap in the face to consider a guy a core piece to a championship team, and then when he becomes a free agent, not be the first team to make an offer. I mean, if Toronto was in that same scenario, wouldn't you expect the Raptors to be the first team on the phone with him when free agency starts? Boston wasn't. As if he should be begging them to sign him back. Fans should be angry at the team's management if anybody.

Anyway, my point was more that the way Garnett and Pierce left is also terrible, but I'd be shocked if either got booed by Boston fans. Which I think is funny, because it's at least as disrespectful. They were both under contract to stay in Boston. Garnett had to waive a no-trade clause to go ring-chasing. He chose to abandon a sinking ship, and fans are mad at Allen for doing the same just because he recognized it earlier. It's actually not so bad with Pierce since they were shopping him for awhile. He actually is entitled to be a little peeved.

Still can't get over how crazy that trade was. If Boston's a sinking ship...what the heck is Brooklyn? The Titanic just waiting to hit that iceberg? Gutted the team of assets, and have an old team with maybe a one (two at best?) year window to contend, assuming they can overachieve and be better than Miami, Chicago and Indiana...for starters.

Comment

On the Knicks, if/when they fall to pieces, is there ever going to be a train wreck as fun to watch?

Comment

Working...
      X