Tim Leiweke: "we may ultimately have to, excuse my English, suck to be good"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only part I don't agree with is this:

“I don’t want the players walking in the hallways of the Air Canada Centre and seeing pictures from 1962,” Leiweke said. “Get rid of those pictures and tell them, this is your legacy.”
    They're there for a reason.. the players shouldn't need history taken down in order to motivate themselves. I hope he was joking.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

yeah but it's become a punch line instead of an inspiration. I say take em down send them to the hockey hall of fame and focus on the future
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Man if he actually does that he's going to earn the ire of every leaf fan it's going to be amazing. The past, it's all they have.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Honestly I don't care about the Leafs or hockey but I interpreted it to me he doesn't want daily reminders about how they have not won in nearly 50 years. Instead of looking at pictures from 1962, lets get some from 2014 onwards. Lets look at yourself as a sign of greatness and a champion.

Just my interpretation.
          No, I took it as take down everything. Like bare the walls. This is your legacy.. Bare walls, now go out and change that!
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
            I feel like the more I read the more disbelief I have as to how completely incompetent BC was/is. The man knows how to draft and that really seems like that's all. If you really wanted to play up tempo and push the pace why the fuck would you hire Dwayne Casey as a basketball coach? Hire someone who fits your vision ffs! I can't wait to see hard nosed, smash mouth Casey ball this year. He took a team with almost no talent to 12th in the league defensively in his first year. I can't wait to see what he will do now.
            I don't think Colangelo was incompetent at all. It was the ownership and the environment, it swallowed him and I think he was committed to helping the team, he just got swallowed in this environment of suckage and lost his vision..
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

F the Leafs really. They and their fans have had and continue to have a sense of entitlement in this town for a hundred years. One just have to tune in to the radio and tv stations to understand there is an industry built around them to the exclusion of all other sports. I just heard today that the fast growing sport among kids today is basketball with soccer next and then hockey. Nothing against hockey but god they spew it 24/7 in this town and treat that clown Cherry as an intellectual.

rant done.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                F the Leafs really. They and their fans have had and continue to have a sense of entitlement in this town for a hundred years. One just have to tune in to the radio and tv stations to understand there is an industry built around them to the exclusion of all other sports. I just heard today that the fast growing sport among kids today is basketball with soccer next and then hockey. Nothing against hockey but god they spew it 24/7 in this town and treat that clown Cherry as an intellectual.

rant done.
                We're Canadian, the media will never change.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Ya, I got sick of the leafs a long time ago. Don't care about them.

I don't care nearly as much about the raptors as I used to.

The new ownership seems to want to turn over a new leaf, which is good

Comment

Sorry TL & MU, it's not your fault, but I simply cannot get excited by off-season talk coming from suits. Your predecessors have put you in a really tough spot to win back my confidence, which can only be done with action not words, no matter how epic the sound byte may be.

Comment

Does nobody understand what it takes to win in the NBA? This "slow build", this and that, it's all fine and dandy. You need a top 10 player in the NBA, and then you need a top 20 support player and top 30 support-support player. Or in rare cases like the early 90's Pistons and 2000's Pistons, in which case they had no top 10 player but teams of all stars. The Raptors are a LONG way from that. Rudy Gay would be a good 3rd option, Valanciunas will probably develop into a good 3rd option, but we have zero true franchise guys and unless we draft one, we ain't getting it either.

Remember the last time we came close to the final four? We drafted a "near" franchise player, then he bolted. Bosh was, as we all now see, a good #3 option. In other words, sadly, the draft is our only hope.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Does nobody understand what it takes to win in the NBA? This "slow build", this and that, it's all fine and dandy. You need a top 10 player in the NBA, and then you need a top 20 support player and top 30 support-support player. Or in rare cases like the early 90's Pistons and 2000's Pistons, in which case they had no top 10 player but teams of all stars. The Raptors are a LONG way from that. Rudy Gay would be a good 3rd option, Valanciunas will probably develop into a good 3rd option, but we have zero true franchise guys and unless we draft one, we ain't getting it either.

Remember the last time we came close to the final four? We drafted a "near" franchise player, then he bolted. Bosh was, as we all now see, a good #3 option. In other words, sadly, the draft is our only hope.
                        We should get a franchise player like Keon Clark

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          We should get a franchise player like Keon Clark
                          Or just be a fan with blinders, and keep talking about Derozan practicing his 3's and the "development" of Terrence Ross.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Val has All-Star potential (Think Roy Hibbert made it, Val has a better potential)
                            Rudy Gay is border line All-Star
                            Demar is top 10 SG
                            Lowry has top 15 PG skills
                            Amir is Amir

The lineup is top 5 lineup last year and is very young with not a single one in their primes as of yet.
                            It needs support, not a makeover.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Or just be a fan with blinders, and keep talking about Derozan practicing his 3's and the "development" of Terrence Ross.
                              or just be a negative fan who views the entire team as scrubs

Comment

I'm a cynical optimist
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X