Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fo' shizzle

Comment

I blame him for the Raptors shitty performance in the 7 years he was here. I blame him for the recent flooding in Toronto and the disappearance of the infamous Rob Ford crack video. There, I said it.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
        Lol way to shift the goal posts.

Like you said, there are stupid answers.........
        My entire point was the post you quoted. But, sometimes you have to play the opposite to get your point across.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          no one here ACTUALLY thinks that magically drafting wiggins will win you an automatic championship. its the people who don't know how to argue that try to *presume* thats all pro-tankers think about because its such an easy/simplistic/naive idea to discredit.
          That's all pro-tankers talk about..only know what you tell us..
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

To tank or not to tank, that is the question,
            Whether it is nobler for a GM
            to suffer the boos and loses hoping for outrageous fortune
            or stay the course on a sea of mediocrity

Seriously, we might as well created an "Everything Tank" thread and just merge every thread into it. This is getting effing ridiculous.
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
              To tank or not to tank, that is the question,
              Whether it is nobler for a GM
              to suffer the boos and loses hoping for outrageous fortune
              or stay the course on a sea of mediocrity

Seriously, we might as well created an "Everything Tank" thread and just merge every thread into it. This is getting effing ridiculous.
              Oh, Apollo..where you at?

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                yes we are. can I close this thread now?
                thead> Thanks for reminding us of your super moderator closing powers...but keep in mind this is the off season and there aren't many discussions to read on the raps. Doesn't really encourage people to post their thoughts does it?

LBF> Thanks for creating a thread that gave me something to read for the last 10 minutes.

Comment

chrischris wrote: View Post
                  thead> Thanks for reminding us of your super moderator closing powers...but keep in mind this is the off season and there aren't many discussions to read on the raps. Doesn't really encourage people to post their thoughts does it?

LBF> Thanks for creating a thread that gave me something to read for the last 10 minutes.
                  chilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllll it was a joke. Something I do quite often here. You will get used to it...or be banned :P
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

chrischris wrote: View Post

Ya, sure man. Not sure if that's sarcasm or not. I don't think so..but, maybe?

Regardless, I just sometimes like to stir the pot a bit. Put a different opinion out there than the consensus..

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                      That's all pro-tankers talk about..only know what you tell us..
                      Disagree. If you read the number of actual posts that support a massive overhaul (the ones with ideas and rationale and not just "tank for wiggins") you'll see that most people in favour of the major rebuild don't ever mention Wiggins but rather want a high pick in a loaded draft class. There are lots of picks that would make "tanking" in 2014 worth it.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                        Disagree. If you read the number of actual posts that support a massive overhaul (the ones with ideas and rationale and not just "tank for wiggins") you'll see that most people in favour of the major rebuild don't ever mention Wiggins but rather want a high pick in a loaded draft class. There are lots of picks that would make "tanking" in 2014 worth it.
                        Yup.

NoBan tainted the discussion with his original post in the Rebuild or ReTool thread.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Yup.

NoBan tainted the discussion with his original post in the Rebuild or ReTool thread.
                          Which is funny because he has a disclaimer at the top saying "This isn't a Wiggins thread" lol.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            I meant you don't talk past the 2014 draft..

Comment

Colangelo was a mixed bag. Yeah he made mistakes, some big ones (Jermaine O'Neal and Hedo anyone?), and he's overspent on players. But I would rather have a GM that has the stones to roll the dice once and a while than the alternative. He's made some good decisions too though, let's not forget. I like Demar, and think he's developing a nice all-around game (except on defense FFS!), and the guy showed the vision and patience to sign Valanciunas. I'm still on the fence about Rudy though (aka his Gayness). Way overpaid, but the dude can hit a big shot when we need it.
                              All in all, I'd give Colangelo a C.

Comment

Nice breakdown. I don't think you can give him lower than a C. Since he put together the only raptor team to win the Atlantic Division. We almost won 50 games that year, which was a big deal.

Unfortunately, the O'Neal trade was his downfall. I'll give him credit for turning O'Neal into Marion. But, then what was he thinking not giving Marion 50 mil, but giving it to Turk? Marion was the best fit out of all 3..

Comment

Working...
                                X