[OLD THREAD] Andrew Wiggins says he wants to play for Raps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBF wrote: View Post
    Haha..that was a terrible attempt at humour. Or maybe I'm just a douche..
    I wasn't trying to be funny. I was actually serious

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      I wasn't trying to be funny. I was actually serious
      So...looks like I'm a douche then?
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I'd rather have Parker or Randle to be honest.
        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
          I'd rather him play and mature on another team and come when he is an all-star than grow up in Toronto and leave afterwards.
          This! Let another team sacrifice seasons to develop him then after his rookie contract get him to sign here.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
            I'd rather have Parker or Randle to be honest.
            Why? Especially for Parker....that one I really don't get.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
              I'd rather him play and mature on another team and come when he is an all-star than grow up in Toronto and leave afterwards.
              This makes less sense than tanking to me. You pair him with JV as soon as JV's 3rd season...And given that most "home run" picks like Wiggins are expected to not need more than a year to adjust (and can still kill it in their rookie years), I think you want to give yourself the maximum championship window, and you could have a contender quite quickly, maybe by Wiggins 3rd or 4th season. Otherwise you could have to wait until Wiggins 8th season to get him, and then JV might be gone.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Why? Especially for Parker....that one I really don't get.
                Parker has won at every level he's played at, is very versatile can play 3 positions and has a very high basketball IQ. I like the comparison to Grant Hill for him. I've yet to see Wiggins dominate at any high level of competition.
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                  This! Let another team sacrifice seasons to develop him then after his rookie contract get him to sign here.
                  Except if he is worth signing whoever drafts him will match any offer.

It is either next year or in 8-9 years before he is available as a free agent.

Comment

Parker has won at every level he's played at, is very versatile can play 3 positions and has a very high basketball IQ. I like the comparison to Grant Hill for him. I've yet to see Wiggins dominate at any high level of competition.
                    Have you been actively avoiding following Wiggins career? Have you also not noticed that Parker pretty much always gets dominated by Wiggins when they play against each other?

*I mean I'm sure Parker is a good player, but as it stands now, I can't see any way I could consider taking anyone over Wiggins. There'd have to be some serious chaos as guys hit college.
                    Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Jul 17, 2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Parker is not near the athlete of Wiggins.

Athleticism is not everything but it is a certainly a big SOMETHING especially at NBA level.

Comment

if he actually wants to play here he will come home one day guys when hes a free agent for sure MU will make it happen
                        ya dun noe

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                          if he actually wants to play here he will come home one day guys when hes a free agent for sure MU will make it happen
                          What makes you think MU will still be around?
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            can't he just ditch the draft and become an UFA? then sign with the Raptors and everyone lives happily ever after... after we win 5 straight championships and the NBA shifts all the teams to Canada cause Canada rules.
                            Nope. There are 4 ways to become a Rookie Free Agent (which is a different thing that being an Unrestricted Free Agent, but close enough).

- Be 26 or older
                            - Declare for the draft and don't get drafted
                            - Declare for the draft, get drafted, team that drafted you renounces their rights to you
                            - Declare for the draft, refuse to sign a contract with the team that drafted you. You then may enter the following year's draft, as long as you do not play professional or college basketball in any capacity anywhere in the world for an entire year. (If you do play basketball professionally, even an exhibition game in the Phillipines or something, the team that drafted you retains your rights.) The following year, you can again refuse to sign a contract with the (new) team that drafts you, spend another year not playing any pro or college ball, and then for the following season you'll be a Rookie Free Agent. Needless to say, nobody does this.

Comment

well he dominated parker soooooo

but i am a big parker fan too. if even half of these guys come out next year it's still going to be a loaded draft.

that said, trading for 2015 picks wouldn't be dumb. there ARE going to be players who stay another year and there are more blue chip HS players joining the college ranks.

basically nothing bad every comes from getting more draft picks
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

tkfu wrote: View Post
                                Nope. There are 4 ways to become a Rookie Free Agent (which is a different thing that being an Unrestricted Free Agent, but close enough).

- Be 26 or older
                                - Declare for the draft and don't get drafted
                                - Declare for the draft, get drafted, team that drafted you renounces their rights to you
                                - Declare for the draft, refuse to sign a contract with the team that drafted you. You then may enter the following year's draft, as long as you do not play professional or college basketball in any capacity anywhere in the world for an entire year. (If you do play basketball professionally, even an exhibition game in the Phillipines or something, the team that drafted you retains your rights.) The following year, you can again refuse to sign a contract with the (new) team that drafts you, spend another year not playing any pro or college ball, and then for the following season you'll be a Rookie Free Agent. Needless to say, nobody does this.
                                Always a possibility with Wiggins.

Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X