[OLD THREAD] Andrew Wiggins says he wants to play for Raps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    the RFA thing would mean that he could take the qualifying offer and be a UFA after year 5. As long as he doesn't sign an offer sheet, there is nothing to match.
    Or if he wanted to make money, he could still sign a one year offer sheet, said team matches, he becomes a UFA.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
      He could be known as "Maple Jordan"
      *scratches out notes*

Well that's better than "Aunt Jemima Jordan"...

Comment

Possibility of Wiggins pulling the ultimate bitch fit like Steve Francis and get his way to the Raps? lol

Comment

hah.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            Possibility of Wiggins pulling the ultimate bitch fit like Steve Francis and get his way to the Raps? lol
            Zero chance. He may want to play for the Raptors, but I don't think he has the heart to turn down any other team.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

The likelihood of him pulling a Lindros, Elway, etc. is minimal.

However, let's not scoff at this and believe it will never happen.

This could increase the potential of future trades.

Rival GM's catch wind of this story and they get to thinking that maybe, they can try and take advantage. If you're a contender trying to win now, somehow you end up with the number one pick, you get the raptors and another team involved and maybe flip the pick to the raps and you get Gay and maybe another good player or two..

It's still unlikely unless Wiggins stock drops and a couple other things as mentioned have to happen..But, it's still more likely than Wiggins gambling his career before it's even begun.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

got about halfway through page 3 and had to stop reading. Great to hear that he would love to get drafted by the raps... but just think of the odds and then all the things that could go wrong... I start thinking about it when we trade some talent from the roster.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  The likelihood of him pulling a Lindros, Elway, etc. is minimal.

However, let's not scoff at this and believe it will never happen.

This could increase the potential of future trades.

Rival GM's catch wind of this story and they get to thinking that maybe, they can try and take advantage. If you're a contender trying to win now, somehow you end up with the number one pick, you get the raptors and another team involved and maybe flip the pick to the raps and you get Gay and maybe another good player or two..

It's still unlikely unless Wiggins stock drops and a couple other things as mentioned have to happen..But, it's still more likely than Wiggins gambling his career before it's even begun.
                  How bad would you want him? If the team asked for JV and Ross plus an unprotected #1, would you do it?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    How bad would you want him? If the team asked for JV and Ross plus an unprotected #1, would you do it?
                    Depends on what my scouts and staff can tell me about all three players and then what I thought about them. Then, I'd do a little math; some calculations and such.

Then I'd just throw all that shit out the window and go with my gut. Which my guy says...

Yes. Yes, I do the trade.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

That nickname has been around for a few years and Wiggins doesn't like it. He even has a great comeback when people mention it. He says he's not from Maple, he's from Vaughn. lol. Probably only GTA'ers will get this.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                        That nickname has been around for a few years and Wiggins doesn't like it. He even has a great comeback when people mention it. He says he's not from Maple, he's from Vaughn. lol. Probably only GTA'ers will get this.
                        Who likes their nickname? Unless it's self-proclaimed..

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                          Who likes their nickname? Unless it's self-proclaimed..
                          *cough* black mamba *cough*

Comment

*cough* black mamba *cough*
                            Who came up with that?

Comment

I'd give anyone or everyone on the Raptors away to get him, though JV would be awfully hard to part with.
                              If Masai gets him, we build a statue of him and Wiggins (if he lives up to the hype) in front of the ACC.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                                That nickname won't stick if he actually becomes good, you can't have your nickname reference someone else unless it's in mockery. Even Air Canada Carter became Vinsanity.

Comment

Working...
                                X