No announcement yet.

DJ Augustin signs 1-year Deal with Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry, I rarely ever post. Just thought i'd give my two cents.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
      Ah, don't mind him. He's a drunkmunky.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

is stone actually legitimately out of the equation?

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
        This pretty much removes Julyan Stone from the equation.
        Buycks will play the 3rd.
        Protocall
        https://www.youtube.com/user/PTC204
        http://www.ptc204.com

Uploaded a new track: Please like or comment on it if you dig it! Thanks
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAT4s_LO-rc

The best day of 2013 was the day I found out Andrea Bargnani got traded.

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
          It is a great opinion and it is not because I share it.

Comment

Yeah I think this move is spot on by Masai just because if things go south, be it by injuries or Lowry not playing up to par/not wanting to return, we'll be in a solid situation by trading him and getting on with the tank. Still would like to see Buyckes back up, or at least be given enough time to perhaps develop into a serviceable roll-type guy

Comment

I'm sorry, I'm trying to figure out why people who ostensibly want the Raptors to compete this year think this is a "great signing." Nate Robinson would have been a great signing at this price, for example, but DJ Augustin is Not A Very Good Player and really only has one purpose: he has enough experience and demonstrated ability not too long enough ago that he can let the Raptors at least pretend that they're trying to compete, but little more than that.

Which from MY perspective - teardown and rebuild - makes him a fantastic signing! Because he sucks.

One year contract, if he suddenly becomes a threat he becomes trade bait, but we're not paying a lot in the interim. Works for me.

Comment

Meh signing. I feel that Dwight Buycks will beat him out. Can't guard no one and not a great shooter.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Two 6 foot point guards? Sounds like a defensive nightmare. Buycks may not look like the backup at the moment, but he'll be getting his minutes.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Let the 2 eat each other alive.

Julyan & Buyck together would have been the same situation.

Let the victor be the number 2, and their efforts & competition against each other will light such a large flame beneath Lowry's ass he'll either fail in misery or step up.

Comment

Buycks will beat him out for 2nd guard not a thrilling signing but whatever the team has taken shape.

Comment

Better to have a point guard controversy for the backups anyway

Comment

come on raptors republic staffers.

Write up the new article stat! Make sure there are no type-O's this time.
                          Sorry Adrian ... err ... I mean, drunkmunky ..... I just heard about this about 2 minutes ago. Didn't do a write up, but posted the news on the main Raptors Republic page at least. Gotta try and save face somehow. Don't want to be the last Raptors related site to post the news. Although, I think we were.

Comment

I'm just happy we didn't get Nate Robinson...
                            I told the first, and sole source of the Robinson to Toronto rumours that he was an effin' idiot and he banned me from his tweets.

I feel validated. Now I need to hear the lamentation of his woman and I'm good.
                            I think I know who you are referring too. I just rolled my eyes when he started those "rumours". Ridiculous.

Comment

Lewenberg is saying that Augustin is actually the 3rd option w/ offense, and Buyck is still backup pg.
                              I'd be shocked if DJ isn't backing up Lowry. Augustin will also get minutes behind DeMar as well especially if Ross isn't cutting it.

I'm not excited about the signing, but am not upset by it either. Little to no risk.

Comment

Protocall wrote: View Post
                                is stone actually legitimately out of the equation?
                                Yup. He apparently failed his physical last week.

Comment

Working...
                                X