There seems to be no word as to what will happen with:

Telfair
    Anderson
    Q-Rich
    AIRon Gray
    Pietrus
    and
    Lowry

Have there been any official word on any of these guys?

Pietrus, Telfair and Anderson are unrestricted free agents, who wont come back

aaron gray picked up his player option so he's staying for now.

Lowry is the starting PG is contract became garanteed on Monday i think.

Q-Rich probably buyout, but nothing official for now.

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be a roster breakdown based on the title so I'm going to give that a crack

PG Lowry/Augustin/Byucks

I think Lowry has the best chance on our team to be a allstar behind Gay/JV but considering he is competing against (a healthy) Rose/Rondo/Deron/Irving he doesn't really have a shot. On the brightside Holiday is no longer in our conference. Lowry fills the stat sheet and has passable defense. He has to go back to his agressive scoring pg style playing while keeping everyone involved -- a tall order for an undersized pg. He's on a contract year so I'm sure we'll see great things out of him... I just hope it's not all an illusion for a paycheque.

Augustin/Byucks - not too much I can say here except they are both potential spark plugs off the bench and will be fighting for that backup role. And both will have something to prove.

SG DeRozan/Ross

DeRozan won't be an allstar but hopefully his decidation in the gym will help increase his range and that athleticism that we all love will be focused on the defensive end.

Ditto for Ross. He was a little underwhelming in his rookie year but that may be because I read this forum a lot and we hyped him up to be our potential Allan Houston. If he can be a consistent scorer off the bench and use his athleticism to dunk on fools/get to the line I'll be happy.

SF Gay/Fields

If only he was Wiggins (I kid). Gay was that big shot player we needed in the first couple weeks after the trade. He has all the tools to be great but will never be a game changer. I'm hoping he can be our allstar next year -- raps need a representative and JV is still young.

Fields let's hope that arm is fixed or we may need to fit him for a prosthetic arm. He is a great glue guy coming off the bench. Whether his playing with Ross/Augustin/Novak/Hansbrough he can just do what he does best and that's all the intanglibles - defense and play making -- he can be the floor general for that second line but man I hope he can be more

PF Johnson/Hansbrough

There's a thread debating johnson vs hansbrough to start. Johnson was our MVP last year. He's the heart of this team and has put in the work so that he can be more than an energy guy. Unfortunately everyone else in the starting lineup requires the ball to be effective that AJ is more of a glue guy. I bet JV and Amir will collude and there will be more big to big passing/cutting.

I'm excited for Hansbrough just because he was like Amir was a couple years ago with more edge. He sound win over our fan base hopefully being more energy/aggresive than straight up dirty.

C Valanciunas/Gray

I think JV should be our number one option and we should play inside out. This will probably not be the case as Gay/DeRozan are seen as option 1&2. Also, I don't know if our wings can hit 3s in which case inside/out is not as effective. However, if we are going forward with this team status quo JV is our future and could live up to the pressure we put on him.

Gray is gray.

The Bench

I think we will see Novak for more than a couple minutes a game. He is one of the few players who can 100% spread the floor for us and has ties with Casey from Dallas.

Acy I love his hustle but he's atleast another year away from being a viable rotation player.

Q-Rich? maybe he'll go back to his 2003 form and we can truly compete in the current NBA landscape

Overall we have too many players that need the ball in their hands to be effective but ideally their team building/relationships/chemistry will compensate for that.

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
        I thought this thread was going to be a roster breakdown based on the title so I'm going to give that a crack

PG Lowry/Augustin/Byucks

I think Lowry has the best chance on our team to be a allstar behind Gay/JV but considering he is competing against (a healthy) Rose/Rondo/Deron/Irving he doesn't really have a shot. On the brightside Holiday is no longer in our conference. Lowry fills the stat sheet and has passable defense. He has to go back to his agressive scoring pg style playing while keeping everyone involved -- a tall order for an undersized pg. He's on a contract year so I'm sure we'll see great things out of him... I just hope it's not all an illusion for a paycheque.

Augustin/Byucks - not too much I can say here except they are both potential spark plugs off the bench and will be fighting for that backup role. And both will have something to prove.

SG DeRozan/Ross

DeRozan won't be an allstar but hopefully his decidation in the gym will help increase his range and that athleticism that we all love will be focused on the defensive end.

Ditto for Ross. He was a little underwhelming in his rookie year but that may be because I read this forum a lot and we hyped him up to be our potential Allan Houston. If he can be a consistent scorer off the bench and use his athleticism to dunk on fools/get to the line I'll be happy.

SF Gay/Fields

If only he was Wiggins (I kid). Gay was that big shot player we needed in the first couple weeks after the trade. He has all the tools to be great but will never be a game changer. I'm hoping he can be our allstar next year -- raps need a representative and JV is still young.

Fields let's hope that arm is fixed or we may need to fit him for a prosthetic arm. He is a great glue guy coming off the bench. Whether his playing with Ross/Augustin/Novak/Hansbrough he can just do what he does best and that's all the intanglibles - defense and play making -- he can be the floor general for that second line but man I hope he can be more

PF Johnson/Hansbrough

There's a thread debating johnson vs hansbrough to start. Johnson was our MVP last year. He's the heart of this team and has put in the work so that he can be more than an energy guy. Unfortunately everyone else in the starting lineup requires the ball to be effective that AJ is more of a glue guy. I bet JV and Amir will collude and there will be more big to big passing/cutting.

I'm excited for Hansbrough just because he was like Amir was a couple years ago with more edge. He sound win over our fan base hopefully being more energy/aggresive than straight up dirty.

C Valanciunas/Gray

I think JV should be our number one option and we should play inside out. This will probably not be the case as Gay/DeRozan are seen as option 1&2. Also, I don't know if our wings can hit 3s in which case inside/out is not as effective. However, if we are going forward with this team status quo JV is our future and could live up to the pressure we put on him.

Gray is gray.

The Bench

I think we will see Novak for more than a couple minutes a game. He is one of the few players who can 100% spread the floor for us and has ties with Casey from Dallas.

Acy I love his hustle but he's atleast another year away from being a viable rotation player
        Q-Rich? maybe he'll go back to his 2003 form and we can truly compete in the current NBA landscape

Overall we have too many players that need the ball in their hands to be effective but ideally their team building/relationships/chemistry will compensate for that.
        Great response,
        But... Quincy deserves a little more credit. His time will rival Novak's, hopefully they become a tandem and give Casey alternatives. Obviously there skill sets are different and something tells me that if utilized carefully can be effective. Acy more time against Miami, Novak more time against Detroit.
        An awesome response on your part:-)

Comment

Jason Dixon wrote: View Post
          Great response,
          But... Quincy deserves a little more credit. His time will rival Novak's, hopefully they become a tandem and give Casey alternatives. Obviously there skill sets are different and something tells me that if utilized carefully can be effective. Acy more time against Miami, Novak more time against Detroit.
          An awesome response on your part:-)
          I don't think Acy ends up getting much time at all. And it's not really his fault. Acy is limited. He's not going to be able to outplay Amir and Hansbrough for PF minutes. He'll also be stuck down the depth chart at SF. Acy is a 3rd stringer. I just can't see him earning more than emergency minutes. I don't think his time will be similar Novak's, who will get more situational minutes because of his shooting, especially if Fields shot is still completely broken.

Biggest mystery is definitely at PG. Would love for Buycks to turn out to be a gem. And the biggest battle is clearly at PF. Hopefully Amir and Tyler don't exhaust each other in practices.

Comment

Stand pat, see what happens. Looking forward to see a "cut" Lowry in a contract year for him. I'm curious to see What Fields has been up to and that back-up center position is looking pretty thin. All in all, I'm curious about this team.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              Stand pat, see what happens. Looking forward to see a "cut" Lowry in a contract year for him. I'm curious to see What Fields has been up to and that back-up center position is looking pretty thin. All in all, I'm curious about this team.
              Hwat is there to be curios about? They'll probably squeak into the playoffs at best or suck as per usual and be in the lottery. To put it simply, this season is a write off..
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                Hwat is there to be curios about? They'll probably squeak into the playoffs at best or suck as per usual and be in the lottery. To put it simply, this season is a write off..
                I concur, this season is a write off. It is all about player development and upping trade values, so when the time is right Masai drops the hammer on a bunch of deals. But if they gel and look to be a 4-6 in the East there will be a chance Masai looks to make a move to better the squad in the short term. Obviously so long as they arent wagering the future. Masai knows how to do business!

Comment

does anyone else think there's a deal in place or something for Lowry? i just find the augustine signing way too weird. when they signed Buycks the raps got him because they were the only team that promised him the backup job, everyone else was offering him third string duties. say what you want about augustine, but he's too good to be playing third string. i find the whole thing really bizarre.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    does anyone else think there's a deal in place or something for Lowry?
                    I think Lowry is easily the most movable asset we have: a talented point guard in a contract year with a reasonably sized expiring contract. There's incentive to move him because there's no guarantee we keep him; he's going to want $10-12M for a few years, and can probably get it from some other team. It can go either way, to be sure, but I think it's more likely than not he gets moved.

Comment

does anyone else think there's a deal in place or something for Lowry? i just find the augustine signing way too weird. when they signed Buycks the raps got him because they were the only team that promised him the backup job, everyone else was offering him third string duties. say what you want about augustine, but he's too good to be playing third string. i find the whole thing really bizarre.
                      If there's a deal "in place" What is stopping it? I didn't hear any promises.. why would you promise a scrub like bykes anything? Maybe, Augustine is too good to be playing back up. But, He was an off and on starter on Charlotte. He's got something to prove..Maybe, it's also to put pressure on Lowry. Maybe, since Augustin can play some sg as well. It's to put some pressure on Detozan and Ross.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I'm not sure that Augustin is too good to be a third stringer. Maybe if you're going by his Bobcat days, but he was absolutely dreadful last year - like really, really bad - and he was doing it on a much more competitive and complete team in Indiana. I think it's telling that his seemingly best offer this summer was to come to Toronto on a 1 year deal making slightly above the minimum... I think his stock is nearing rock bottom in the league.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                          I'm not sure that Augustin is too good to be a third stringer. Maybe if you're going by his Bobcat days, but he was absolutely dreadful last year - like really, really bad - and he was doing it on a much more competitive and complete team in Indiana. I think it's telling that his seemingly best offer this summer was to come to Toronto on a 1 year deal making slightly above the minimum... I think his stock is nearing rock bottom in the league.
                          hmmm good points. i remain suspicious though.

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

Augustin's 1year deal worth peanuts tells me he's not "too good" for anything.

Comment

how much is he getting paid again?
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X