No announcement yet.

Let the Jose bashing resume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The original poster is completely out to lunch. Jose was one of the main reasons this game wasn't an easy Grizzlies win. The difference in the offense between when he is on the floor vs. when he's off is night and day. His passing is so precise, he pushes the ball so well...

Honestly, get a clue.

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
      Positive it isn't what 'I want' to see. We came out flat and the B squad brought us back, by out hustling their B squad.

Jose is proving to be impossible to hide in our already Swiss cheese defense. His exploit-ability has underage Sweat Shops Workers concerned for his safety.

If that was all, it wouldn't be time to blow up the key pieces just to get rid of him, but its how he can effortless gum up one of the top offenses in the league that makes it impossible to see him getting more than breather and foul trouble minutes as we get closer to and into the playoffs.
      Yes, the B squad brought the team back....because of Jose. If you deny that, it says just how much you are ignoring his contributions.

I'm not big on +/-, but his +18 was the second highest on the Raptors for a reason.

And maybe you could name another PG in the league that could have guarded Rudy Gay....
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
        Which Raptor PG brought the team back to a tie right before halftime after being down 16 points last night?

JOSE CALDERON!

[/thread]
        You're absolutely right James and this should be enough in itself to make people step off. If Jose wasn't getting it done near the end then its Jay job to get him out of there or snap him out of it. They got a lot out of Jose until crunch time and maybe then it was time to give him a break instead of fulfilling some sense of entitlement due to his play prior to then.

Comment

Yea, you guys have to see it from other teams perspectives. The new CBA is going to happen next year and all contracts are going to be watered down.

Jose and Turk have two of the worst contracts in the NBA and Turk's five year deal may as well be forever. No team is going to take on thier contracts unless we throw them some actual talent. This whole concept of trading Jose for a Butler, JHoward or Ellis is just ridiculous. The only player we could maybe get for a Jose/Turk is agent 0 and thats because he has the worst contract.

No one wants Jose and I can't imagine anyone wanting Turk. They each make ten million to run the offense and neither of them are that good at it.

I actually thought Jose played okay d on Gay, but he hit his shots so that is all that matters.

Comment

Jose has proven in the past he can be a very good starting PG. If he were on a strong defensive team his deficiencies on defense could be hidden. Toronto has no one who can carry the extra weight as 80% of the team could use help most nights. I think if they wanted to move Jose Calderon they could find a deal in the summer. Someone is going to need a starting level PG and his contract isn't that bad at $8.5M/yr. These GMs have known for a couple years now that this owners push back was coming. The recession has been on going for longer than that and they all are aware of their own revenue decreases and their expenses. Colangelo gave him $8.5M/yr because if he didn't someone else would have. Back then it was rumored that more than ten teams were interested. Earlier in this season there was even a rumor that the Spurs had called inquiring if he was available. Jose can be moved and I think he will... Turkoglu on the other hand is here for a long time. Colangelo needed to do something to change course as he was down to one year to convince Bosh to stay. I think Colangelo was hoping for another Steve Nash kind of signing where the player comes in and excels on a higher level in a new system and has the sort of longevity that justifies the contract. Well, it hasn't happened yet but $10M/yr isn't that bad and when the new CBA takes affect the guy will only have three years left on the deal. His contract isn't the end of the world, its just ammo for us and the media to kick Colangelo if this team fails to do anything over the next four and a half years. I know I'm keeping my Rant Cannon loaded just in case...

Comment

First off well put Apollo, Jose can run an offense and thrive in lower market defensive team. He's got pass first skills which anyone with a big front court could put to use.

The fact remains, we switch because Jose is slow. Everything he executes, thinks up, and screws up is at half speed. The offense suffered. Our defense was exposed. Again. And the facts remain, my point hasn't changed: Jose only purpose is to give Jack a breather
              /thread

Comment

Working...
              X