Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protocall wrote: View Post
    agreed

but yes, i also agree with half the posts stating their own performance is reduced immensely when smoking. i would get hungry for a sandwich by the end of the first quarter
    A lot of players smoke. I don't imagine any of them are getting high before games.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      A lot of players smoke. I don't imagine any of them are getting high before games.
      T-Mac has something to say about that
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
        T-Mac has something to say about that
        Really? lol did he admit to that?

Comment

• Found this list of players who've been busted for Chronic...
          And while this list is a few years old it seems, besides Beasley, Chalmers and Arthur at Rookie Camp, I can't think of anyone else recently whos been punished by the league. I think its a fair bet to guess that the League has given up...?

Josh Howard
          This was a breath of fresh air (no pun intended). On April 25, 2008 before game 3 of his team’s matchup with New Orleans in the playoffs, Howard publicly admitted to using marijuana during the NBA offseason. Howard said marijuana use is not uncommon among NBA players. Though he did not mention names, Howard said: “I think that everybody in the media world and in the sports world knows that NBA players do smoke marijuana.” I would bet there have been some late meetings in Cuban’s office. What else could calm that guy down.

Brad Miller
          On July 10, 2008, Miller was suspended by the NBA for 5 games at the beginning of the 2008-2009 season for violations of the league’s substance abuse policy It was reported that he tested positive for marijuana for a third time. Nice work Bradley.

Joakim Noah
          This is one of the best. On May 25, 2008 in Gainesville, Florida, Noah was arrested for having an open container of alcohol and misdemeanor possession of marijuana. A few hours later, Noah was also cited for driving with a suspended license and not wearing a seat belt. He was sentenced to six months probation and a $200 fine for the marijuana and open container charges.

Damon Stoudamire
          His stint with the Portland Trail Blazers was marred by several marijuana related incidents including one during the 2002-03 season where his yellow Hummer was pulled over on I-5 for speeding and driving under the influence of marijuana. In July 2003, after his third arrest for marijuana possession, he was fined $250,000 and was suspended by the team for three months. Sounds like Damon knew where all the hook ups were.

David Harrison
          On January 11, 2008, Harrison received a five-game suspension for violating the league’s anti-drug policy. The Indianapolis Star reported that Harrison was sorry for the way the suspension made the team look bad. Harrison reportedly stated that he didn’t feel that the NBA should be able to look into his off the court behavior except in the case of performance-enhancing drugs.

Sean Williams
          Okay so he never got busted while in the NBA but if he sold it in college, you have to expect he still dabbles now and then. Williams was arrested in 2005 for marijuana possession and then kicked off the Boston College squad for repeated team rules violations.

As for TMac... the guy has looked stoned since he was drafted ... but I did find this...
          A special report has surfaced the past few days revolving around the once superstar Tracy McGrady, also known as "T-Mac". The sources remain confidential it appears, but enough has gotten around that I was able to pick up a few things.

Tracy McGrady is apparently not injured......and never has been. These "lingering issues" that have hampered his career the past few years are simple lies the man uses to get away with whatever he wants. He's the type of guy that enjoys his free-time, so he figures he deserves some vacation time every few weeks. His diagnosed "arthritis and tendinitis of the knee", or so he claims, is pretty obviously a false symptom he is claiming so he can receive prescriptions of medical marijuana.

It's believed that McGrady started smoking the medical grade weed around November of 2008, so it's no coincidence that his play has been more relaxed and less effective overall. T-Mac was asked about these recent claims that have surfaced and his only remark: "Uh, you know, well, uh....haha, yea, Josh Howard told me about his doctor so I went and saw him."

At least he admits it...but it appears the NBA media has kept this on the down-low hoping it never gets around. Stern and others are still under the impression marijuana is as harmful as methamphetamines or heroin, and just as addicting. As a result they try to avoid any claims of players smoking some grass, specifically when it comes to the stars that sell jerseys and essentially make Stern a rich man.
          Source
          Last edited by Joey; Mon Jul 29, 2013, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Rasheed Wallace was also with Stoudemire when his yellow hummer got pulled over

Comment

Working...
            X