No announcement yet.

Shawn Respert says Kyle Lowry has the best work ethic his seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does this guy rank Michael Beasley on that list?

Comment

Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
      Would it be in the Raptors best interest to make him our long term PG? Could he have started in the conference finals?? I don't think I want Lowry as our long term PG.
      Starting point guards in this year's East finals were Mario Chalmers and George Hill. I'd say Lowry could start over either of those guys. The teams Indiana and Miami beat to get to the ECF were starting Pablo Prigioni/Ray Felton and Nate Robinson, respectively.

Ask a fan of any of those teams if they'd rather have Kyle Lowry than their current starting PG. The only team you might get a no from is Indiana--Lowry might be a better player than George Hill, but Hill's a fantastic fit for that team.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Lowry's work ethic is so legendary that he was out of shape last year.
        Stupid, he was recovering from injury. He's showing the work ethic they're talking about this summer by losing all that weight. If you've seen pictures, you'll know.

Most improved Raptor next year in my opinion..
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

That's great he's in good shape but let's see if he stops being a dick with the coaches
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

tkfu wrote: View Post
            Starting point guards in this year's East finals were Mario Chalmers and George Hill. I'd say Lowry could start over either of those guys. The teams Indiana and Miami beat to get to the ECF were starting Pablo Prigioni/Ray Felton and Nate Robinson, respectively.

Ask a fan of any of those teams if they'd rather have Kyle Lowry than their current starting PG. The only team you might get a no from is Indiana--Lowry might be a better player than George Hill, but Hill's a fantastic fit for that team.
            Lets just go ahead an list all the playoff teams from this year:
            West: OKC no. LAC no. GS no. Memphis no. San Antonio no. Houston and LAL yes.
            East: Indiana no. Chicago next year no. Brooklyn no. Indiana no. Atlanta no. Boston no. Milwaukee NYK yes. (Miami is never allowed to be in a discussion for roster spots because the team is much to unique. You have the best player on earth who can play point if need be, and a legend SG who can also play point. That team has no need for a true PG in the last 5 min of a basketball game.)

My point I guess is if you put Lowry on any of the yes teams, how much further do they advance in the playoffs. I would argue that he wouldn't have changed any teams fate, except perhaps NYK last year.

How does he change are fate if he is our long term PG solution? I just don't think he can be the type of PG that wins championships. I don't think his defence can be lock down. I don't think he can make the critical passes that players need.

I do think he is right for the Raptors right now: A team that wants to be competitive, win home games, and boost moral.

Comment

Rumpert probably also said that Rudy had 20/20 vision last year.

Comment

Working...
              X