X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Granger for Scola trade being finalized

Source: Hoopshype

Larry Bird roumored to have gotten the player he asked for in Scola

I don't get this trade if it's straigt up. Does this bring the Pacers closer to beating the Heat?

Comment

Should've tried to get back another wing for Granger. Pacers don't really need any more bigs

Comment

Danny Granger is inconsistent
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Won't be Granger.. looks like its Gerald Green + picks for Scola. Phoenix is tanking.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Should've tried to get back another wing for Granger. Pacers don't really need any more bigs
            Yes they do. They actually kind of badly need more bigs, because they're extremely thin beyond Hibbert and West for a team that plans to contend, and who's biggest strength (after George) is their frontcourt. Scola is still one of the smartest post players in the game. He's a perfect fit to replace West so that they always have a threat at PF, and West and Scola even operate in similar spaces.

I agree that Indy needs wings because with the uncertainty around Granger's health, it's basically just George and Stephenson, but one thing became clear in the playoffs and that's that they dropped off a lot when their bench came on. On the wing...I actually thought AA would have been a great fit for them as a cheapo signing.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Won't be Granger.. looks like its Gerald Green + picks for Scola. Phoenix is tanking.
              Now that makes sense because diluting the talent concentration is not how you defeat the Heat. Scola tough play will help them a lot if it's this package.

Comment

Regardless of how thin Indiana is on bigs, this is a horrible trade straight up. Scola took a major dropoff last year. If I'm the Pacers, I see how a healthy Granger fits into the team, whether he be a starter or a bench scorer. Then I would make a decision whether to move him or not.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                  Regardless of how thin Indiana is on bigs, this is a horrible trade straight up. Scola took a major dropoff last year. If I'm the Pacers, I see how a healthy Granger fits into the team, whether he be a starter or a bench scorer. Then I would make a decision whether to move him or not.
                  It's not Granger....this was some bullshit rumour started by like an Argentinian journalist or something....

It seems to be Green + picks (my guess is 2nd rounders) for Scola. That is an excellent deal. Scola did not actually drop off that much at all last year. PHX just played him less minutes. His production was pretty much as good as it's always been.

*Edit: apparently, Green + Plumlee + 2014 1st rounder. I guess it's really about the 1st rounder.
                  Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Jul 27, 2013, 03:36 PM.

Comment

...that's a lottery protected first rounder.

Good trade for the Pacers. Green did not play much last year and rookie Plumlee sat on the bench as a DNP, coaches decision for all but 14 games.

Comment

Scola is a heck of a player. This trade just makes the Pacers a much better team.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Edit the title..
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Scola is a very good offensive player, quite horrible defensively, will increase bench scoring, something the pacers lacked last year

Comment

Working...
                          X