Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosh Not Playing vs. Nets (and vs. Wizards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh Not Playing vs. Nets (and vs. Wizards)

Chris didn't travel with the team to NJ and will stay behind and rest his ankle.

This via Eric Smith's Twitter:

Bosh left practice to get his left ankle looked at. Appears to be a mild sprain but want to be on the safe side. He will not travel to NJ.
    Time for Amir to shine tomorrow night.

Source Click here

Comment

Nets have played real well in the 2 game since the break. Bargs, The Mask and Co. better step it up up, can't lose this one. I think I jinxed the BoshMan on a thread a couple days ago...

Comment

I'm a little bit scared for this game. No Bosh and the Nets have played tight games and just beat Charlotte. With the way this one slipped away in 30 seconds, I don't know what to expect here.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
          Time for Amir to shine tomorrow night.
          And don't forget the Four minutes of FURY!
          Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

ScottBaird wrote: View Post
            And don't forget the Four minutes of FURY!
            haha ... Yeppers.

Welcome to the RR forums Scott. Any questions at all, please don't hesitate asking.

Comment

actually, if there was a time for bosh to be injured, it's now. time to test how the team would fare without him, on a team that they have a good chance of beating without him. it would be an interesting game.

Comment

Someone else needs to step up big.

I am looking at you Turkey boy!

Comment

Sounds like a loss to me. Nets are better on paper than us w/o Bosh.

Comment

jlongs wrote: View Post
                    actually, if there was a time for bosh to be injured, it's now. time to test how the team would fare without him, on a team that they have a good chance of beating without him. it would be an interesting game.
                    I already know the answer. You don't want to have this information unless its absolutely neccessary. Believe me!

Comment

Triano will probably stick to the script he used before when Bargnani was out and start Rasho.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Ripp wrote: View Post
                        Sounds like a loss to me. Nets are better on paper than us w/o Bosh.

I joined this forum specifically to quote this BS. You think that, without Bosh, that we become the worst team in the NBA? Isn't this a forum for fans of the Raptors? I don't get it at all.

This, combined with people actually complaining about Calderon's performance against the Grizzlies, makes me wonder how fun it is to be a fan of the Raps for some of these members.

I don't mean to sound all high and mighty in my first ever post, but I have a question for half the peeps who post here: Is this a team you love or a team you love to hate?

Normally, I'm not such a dick. I love coming to this forum for the links and reading some of the posts. It's a great site.

Comment

Il Mago wrote: View Post
                          I joined this forum specifically to quote this BS. You think that, without Bosh, that we become the worst team in the NBA? Isn't this a forum for fans of the Raptors? I don't get it at all.

This, combined with people actually complaining about Calderon's performance against the Grizzlies, makes me wonder how fun it is to be a fan of the Raps for some of these members.
                          I agree that Calderon's performance against the Grizzlies was above reproach. He's the reason we came back from BOTH Memphis leads. His energy was spectacular!

Il Mago wrote: View Post
                          I don't mean to sound all high and mighty in my first ever post, but I have a question for half the peeps who post here: Is this a team you love or a team you love to hate?

Normally, I'm not such a dick. I love coming to this forum for the links and reading some of the posts. It's a great site.
                          All fans have the prerogative to critique their team. If someone wants to play psychic and call games ahead of time losses, how does that ruin your enjoyment of "the links and reading some of the posts"? Ignore it. Or, give a rebuttal as to why you disagree.

I agree. This site rocks!
                          Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

Without Bosh we are the worst team in the NBA. Throw in our general malaise on back to backs, the nets playing pride and really not being as bad as thier record indicates and I say it comes down to another Devin Harris buzzer beater.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                              Without Bosh we are the worst team in the NBA.
                              It's quite apparent that the best thing about the Raptors is their depth. Really, a top-3 team in the league, depth-wise. I'm a huge Bosh fan, but I also believe that a team with Bargs, Hedo, Jose, Johnson and Jack can win more than 5 games in their first 50+.

Bosh is great, but the Raptors aren't terrible. Actually, without Bosh on the floor the Raptors become better defensively. Yes, worse offensively, but they sort of balance out better than one would think. First, Hedo gets more touches. Bargs is a solid scorer, and you get a combo of Rasho/Amir/Reggie to play center while Bargs slides into PF, which is far more natural for him. So, we get more shots for Jose, Bargs and Hedo and the defence improves. We still have the depth.

I'm sorry, but we are not the Miami Heat (or even the Cavs). We could absorb the loss of Bosh. Sure, we might fall somewhere in the 7-11 range in the East, but it is complete horseshit to say we would become the worst team in the league.

If we lose to NJ and Washington this weekend, feel free to criticize my thinking. I won't be shocked when I don't hear from you.

Comment

Working...
                              X