This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Dude what are you talking about? we have 15 players in the top 5 we're going undefeated all the way to the finals
    I'm just curious is all. I keep seeing all these posts about how good our players are and about how us cynics are overrating other teams' players and underestimating the Raps roster. So, I'm just wondering since all our players are so good, how many wins this year? If they have 3 or 4 guys who are top ten at their position, shouldn't the answer be 50+? Just interested....

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
      I'm just curious is all. I keep seeing all these posts about how good our players are and about how us cynics are overrating other teams' players and underestimating the Raps roster. So, I'm just wondering since all our players are so good, how many wins this year? If they have 3 or 4 guys who are top ten at their position, shouldn't the answer be 50+? Just interested....
      No it wouldn't be, stop putting words in our mouths. List of teams with 3 or more guys who are top 10 @ their position:

East:
      Miami: Wade, LBJ, Bosh (actually all top 5 tbh)
      Indy: PG, Granger, Hibbert, West
      NY: Melo, Chandler, JR
      BKN: DWill, KG, PP, B-Lo
      CHI: Rose, Boozer, Deng, Noah
      CLE: Kyrie, Bynum, Varejao (at least he was last year when healthy)

West:
      OKC: KD, RW, Ibaka
      SA: TD, Parker, maybe Manu and Kawhi
      LAC: CP3, Griffin, Crawford
      MEM: Conley (debatable), gasol, Z-Bo
      GSW: Curry, Iguodala, Lee, Bogut (when healthy)
      HOU: Harden, Dwight, Parsons (debatable)
      NOLA: EG, Holiday, Anthony Davis

I specifically stated in the OP that this doesn't necessarily mean anything, I just wanted to know if people agreed that we have some top 10 positional guys.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
        No it wouldn't be, stop putting words in our mouths. List of teams with 3 or more guys who are top 10 @ their position:

East:
        Miami: Wade, LBJ, Bosh (actually all top 5 tbh)
        Indy: PG, Granger, Hibbert, West
        NY: Melo, Chandler, JR
        BKN: DWill, KG, PP, B-Lo
        CHI: Rose, Boozer, Deng, Noah
        CLE: Kyrie, Bynum, Varejao (at least he was last year when healthy)

West:
        OKC: KD, RW, Ibaka
        SA: TD, Parker, maybe Manu and Kawhi
        LAC: CP3, Griffin, Crawford
        MEM: Conley (debatable), gasol, Z-Bo
        GSW: Curry, Iguodala, Lee, Bogut (when healthy)
        HOU: Harden, Dwight, Parsons (debatable)
        NOLA: EG, Holiday, Anthony Davis

I specifically stated in the OP that this doesn't necessarily mean anything, I just wanted to know if people agreed that we have some top 10 positional guys.
        Well, let's look at last year and the teams you referenced (not including the teams with new additions you've included).

East: Miami - 66 wins; Indy - 49; NY - 54; Brooklyn - 49 (with just D-Will and Lopez); Chi -No Rose, massive injurie, 45 wins;

West: OKC - 60; SA -58; LAC - 56; MEM - 56; GSW - 47.

So, why wouldn't 50+ wins be fair? What about 49? Those are the teams you referenced. Their records are clearly in the ~50 range. I just think it's odd to suggest that the Raps have that many top 10 players at their positions yet it doesn't mean anything, isn't relevant and doesn't necessarily translate into wins. All the teams you referenced clearly translated their talent into wins. If the Raps are that good, shouldn't we expect the same?

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          Well, let's look at last year and the teams you referenced (not including the teams with new additions you've included).

East: Miami - 66 wins; Indy - 49; NY - 54; Brooklyn - 49 (with just D-Will and Lopez); Chi -No Rose, massive injurie, 45 wins;

West: OKC - 60; SA -58; LAC - 56; MEM - 56; GSW - 47.

So, why wouldn't 50+ wins be fair? What about 49? Those are the teams you referenced. Their records are clearly in the ~50 range. I just think it's odd to suggest that the Raps have that many top 10 players at their positions yet it doesn't mean anything, isn't relevant and doesn't necessarily translate into wins. All the teams you referenced clearly translated their talent into wins. If the Raps are that good, shouldn't we expect the same?
          I didn't say the Raptors are as good as those teams. I'm just saying that we have some valuable individual players.

Comment

I didn't say the Raptors are as good as those teams. I'm just saying that we have some valuable individual players.
            and all he's said is you've overvalued them based on the evidence in the W column

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
              and all he's said is you've overvalued them based on the evidence in the W column
              It's not all about the talent level of the players. It's also about fit and coaching.

If Phil Jackson coached the Lakers last year do they barely make the playoffs and get swept in the 1st round?

Comment

It's not all about the talent level of the players. It's also about fit and coaching.

If Phil Jackson coached the Lakers last year do they barely make the playoffs and get swept in the 1st round?
                must be a real bad fit we got then for all that top tier talent to produce wins in the low 30's

Comment

You said that Lowry is a better point guard than Walker, Lawson and Lillard right now which is clearly not true! Right now, Lowry is an overweight, injury-prone point guard who is a sad version of what he was in the first two games as a Raptor and what he was in Houston! Based on right now (which is what you want), Lowry is not better than Lawson, Lillard, or Walker. Until he proves in training camp that he's lost weight and is 100% healthy, you can't assume he'll play back to that caliber! Not saying Lowry can't be better than Lillard, Lawson or Wallker next season. I'm saying right now based on what we saw last season, he was not better than Lillard, Lawson, or Walker! Some of that blame could be put on Casey for forcing him to play a game he's not used to!

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                    Dude, you are shutting down the DeMar haters!
                    How am I hating on Demar? So I hate Demar just because I like Thompson as a player better than Demar? I'm a hater just because I have an opinion? Raptors fans these days...

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                      Never has a more true statement ever been made
                      lol it was late at night I was getting tired xD

Comment

I'm actually not even a stats guy first, I'm about what I see on the court.

Klay might be a better fit on the Warriors because of his 3 ball but he is certainly not the better player. DeRozan who isn't even considered a great shot creator is far better at creating his own shot. He also does a better job of creating opportunities for his teammates with his drive and kick game. Additionally he has the 3rd best post game of any 2-guard in the league, Klay's post game is about as good as my ability to write in Ancient Greek.

Klay pretty much just has more range. He also plays on a more uptempo team which should inflate his scoring, yet DD still outscores him on the same # of shots. If we played at the Warriors pace DeMar would be over 20 a game.
                        This made me laugh haha

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                          lol it was late at night I was getting tired xD

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                            Major derp moment hehe

Comment

I give up.

None of our players are top 10. We should trade all of them for picks and expirings and tank.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                                How am I hating on Demar? So I hate Demar just because I like Thompson as a player better than Demar? I'm a hater just because I have an opinion? Raptors fans these days...
                                Take it easy now, nobody is picking on you...Raptors fans these days...jeez I could say the same thing

Comment

Working...
                                X