Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone see Dave Chappelle at Just For Laughs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see Dave Chappelle at Just For Laughs?

Dave Chapelle is in Montreal for the week doing 10 solo shows for the Just for Laughs festival. Wondering if anyone saw any of his shows and what you thought about it?

I went to the show he performed last night.

A lot of the stuff he was doing was clearly off the top of his head and being that he's naturally funny shit it was all good but he wasn't doing a focused and practiced routine like his old specials "For What it's Worth" and "Killing Them Softly".

He's my favourite comedian and that fact that I got to see him perform (the first time he's been to Montreal in 13 years) made me fucking happy. The guy is so elusive so it's a rare chance these days to catch one of his shows.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

What does this have to do with the Raptors?

Comment

Nothing, how do I put this in the off-topic section?

There's no new conversations happening in the Raptor Forums.

Comment

What does "What is everyone listening to?" have to do with the Raptors?

Don't gotta be a dick, there's a lot of other random topics floating around on this site.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          What does "What is everyone listening to?" have to do with the Raptors?

Don't gotta be a dick, there's a lot of other random topics floating around on this site.
          It's in the off topic section though...

Comment

I'll just rely on someone to put this in that section as well. I have no idea how.

Comment

I saw him on Friday night, Neal Brennan opened for him.. Neal Brennan is f**king hilarious.. Love him, but obviously Chapelle killed it, *Spoiler* there was nothing like ground breaking, like he did a 5 minute thing on the maple syrup reserve in Canada and then segued into poor people in Africa, etc.. Oscar Pistorius with no feet overcoming all the odds and becoming one of the best runners in the world yet somehow couldn't overcome whatever his b**ch said to him he had a lot on his wife, and yeah I agree it was off the top of his head, and he must have smoked like half a dozen cigarettes in an hour and a half, I enjoyed him, he's great at talking and knows how to control a crowd. He got some dude kicked out in the second row though for having his phone out for a pic or video (it was stated that wasn't allowed before the show), it was near the end of his set and he just mentioned like yo put that away, I see you man, and the guy was kicked out.

One of the main reasons I went besides him being a great comedian and it was a rare opportunity to see him was to hear about the Africa thing and the whole thing on him going crazy and what really happened there, he did a bit on that for a little bit but obviously didn't mention what he did for 4 years, just said he stayed in Africa two weeks in a luxury hotel then tried to get something going in China a la Bruce Lee doing something in China and having it seen in America.. I'm not sure if that was a bit or if he was serious, because it sounds like a bit but he is out there so it sounds like him.. Was the set you saw basically the same stuff?

Ps: We play ball at Jarry park on weekends, you (and anyone else in Montreal who sees this) should come sometime, drop me a message and we'll set something up

Comment

Some people were complaining in the crowd about security flashing the flash-lights in peoples faces looking for cameras.
                Then he took a flash light from one of the security guards and flashed it at the crowd lol
                He said he doesn't want any videos of his show going on youtube because it makes everyone feel special which means no one is actually special lol

He did talk about some of the same stuff he did at your show, he also joked about Paula Dean, Trayvon Martin but a lot of it was just him stating his opinion on things, he just voices his opinions in a really funny manner, just the way he talks.

It seemed like he was just shooting the shit, had a lot of interaction with the crowd but it was all over the place. When it finally ended he just kind of said "Well, I gotta go".

I get the sense the dudes a little sad or something, there were many silent pauses after he'd some shit that sounded pretty real. He hates show business yet he's doing a bunch of shows cause he needs to which is what he said which led him to talk about quitting the Chappelle show. He opened up quite a bit.

He's as real as any celebrity gets. Like you said it was a rare opportunity to get to see him.

I'm glad it was funny as hell, it's amazing how someone can be so funny without much rehearsal.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                  I'll just rely on someone to put this in that section as well. I have no idea how.
                  You post it in that section the same way you would in any sub-forum on here. Did you think there was a secret to it or something?
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I just clicked on "Forum" and then "Post New Thread".

Comment

Chappelle is one of the most naturally funny people on the planet.. I could listen to him to talk about doing his taxes for 8 hours, and it'd be a safe bet that i'd be entertained the entire time

Comment

Favorite comedians and/or comedy bits?

One of my favourite of Dave's

Comment

I just love and miss Patrice.. That guy was so hilarious, hearing him on Opie and Anthony over the years (I recommend that to anyone, you can hear every episode on youtube), he has some of the funniest stories I've ever heard, and he literally is so quick to come up with something funny to say in the moment. If you've never heard his Elephant in the Room special, you have to. Just go like 3 minutes in to this video and hear how he clowns on this unfunny ass white chick

If you don't wanna watch the whole thing, go 7:30 in, it's GOLD.
                          Last edited by Ryan_1523; Mon Jul 29, 2013, 03:46 PM. Reason: Add

Comment

I agree there are tons of hilarious rape jokes.
                            Take this one for example!:

Comment

My personal favorite right now is Jim Jefferies.. on my phone so can't post any video. . But he's all over youtube. . If you're easily offended, I'd suggest not looking him up

Comment

Working...
                              X