Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish we could make this trade with the Spurs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish we could make this trade with the Spurs...

I'd love for our Raps to get 2 players from the Spurs:

Patty Mills and Roger Mason Jr.

for DJ Augustin and Q. Richardson (is he still on our roster?)

I'd love to have those two guys as both are really good 3-point shooters. Salary-wise the trade works out fine as all players have similar pays... but how could one bring the Spurs to do this trade? Somebody have a conspiracy plan, please? It's not like I'm asking for a superstar in exchange...

If Ross and Fields can start shooting well this season, we would have a lot of good shooters (depth) off the bench!

Mills PG, Mason SG, Ross SG, Fields SG/SF, Novak SF/PF.

Hopefully DeRozan and Gay will turn into credible threats from downtown too. Would be great if both can shoot 33% at least.

Umm............................................... ..................

This is the most insignificant trade i've ever seen.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
      Umm............................................... ..................

This is the most insignificant trade i've ever seen.
      It sure isn't a very signifiant trade, but the bench is very important these days as are 3-pointers. I'm not happy with Augustin and I'm not sure about Buycks who has yet to play an NBA game. Both Mills and Mason are proven 3 point shooters and play the game the right way. Both could be utilized in specific situations when we need to stretch the floor. I don't think we can do that with Augustin who isn't a bad 3-point shooter, but has a very slow release. Usually bench players are not good one-on-one players and they don't penetrate the paint too often, so having a bench that can swing the ball around the perimeter and knock down 3 pointers is a good strategy when combined with an energy player or 2 in the middle (Hansborough). It's what teams like the Spurs or the Heat are doing and it works real fine.

Comment

Sounds more like a mid-season contendership push type trade
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
        X