Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Is that really necessary Matt?

Just going to start the same argument that's been had a million times.
    You are right.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
      Don't expect him to let-it-go/get-over-it/chill-on-that during is summer hiatus. Quoting year old blogs *shrug*, to turn yet another thread into the 101st anti-DD thread.
      Anti-DD? You clearly don't get the perspective/opinion and have a knack for taking/making things personal when someone takes a different view.

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post
        I once played in drew league with DeJuan Wagner together we played the 1,2,4, and 5, and sometimes the 6. We scored 437pts. 288 rebounds 4asts. Whateves.
        Whatever happened to Dajuan Wagner anyway? he was supposed to be this next big thing. Scored 100pts in a HS game. Wasn't really that impressive when he played for the Cavs.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Anti-DD? You clearly don't get the perspective/opinion and have a knack for taking/making things personal when someone takes a different view.
          Lame, dude. My point had nothing to do with "personal" or "different view". Lame fall-back for someone caught with their dick hanging out in the park.

Your post, of which you've now removed your quote of several paragraphs of a 1 year old blog article, had absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread, but was yet another of numerous examples of you're riding DDs ass as nothing but an inefficient shooter. Everybody here gets it Matt. No need to keep pounding away with your "opinion" that everybody has heard a hundred times already, never mind digging out 1 year old articles of some blogger to somehow make your point for the 101st time, to derail yet another thread.

That was my perspective. What did I not get?

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
            Lame, dude. My point had nothing to do with "personal" or "different view". Lame fall-back for someone caught with their dick hanging out in the park.

Your post, of which you've now removed your quote of several paragraphs of a 1 year old blog article, had absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread, but was yet another of numerous examples of you're riding DDs ass as nothing but an inefficient shooter. Everybody here gets it Matt. No need to keep pounding away with your "opinion" that everybody has heard a hundred times already, never mind digging out 1 year old articles of some blogger to somehow make your point for the 101st time, to derail yet another thread.

That was my perspective. What did I not get?
            You didn't get a lot actually. Some others might not of either so don't feel too bad.

On my iPad, where the post was originally constructed, the search of "DeRozan" "Drew" "League" returned 22 results. On my desktop the search returned 272 results. Not sure why the difference.

In the 22 results, the thread titles are littered with DeRozan's impressive Drew League performances. Even in 2010 he scored 40 points. In those 22 results that blog article also came up which I found interesting because it is the same thing that has been discussed - much like Drew League - for the last 3 summers here. DD's awesome Drew League performances are highlighted each year and in reality they mean jack. Most people who responded to the thread have already figured that out though unlike prior years.

So what was the point you so clearly missed? Drew League is organized summer pick up ball that he has played in and excelled at for 3 summers. It is not going to do a thing for DeRozan's NBA game which is what I figure to be the most important topic of RaptorsRepublic forums considering he plays for the NBA team just about everyone here roots for.

As for the blog post, I agree, it was not really appropriate here as I said to Mr. Z and then deleted it - although if you had the 22 search result you might have pieced together the relevancy/connection. But if you raise one level of thinking you would see the connection between how DD's appearances in Drew League have hardly changed nor has his NBA game - which was the point of posting the blog post. It is all the same arguments and debates that have gone on for 3 summers while DD remains consistently inconsistent and inefficient while the Raptors keep missing the playoffs with him as a lead horse the last 3 seasons.

On a side note, it is ironic that you're going on about me riding DD's ass and being an inefficient shooter. There are a few other posters who go on about how awesome he is going to be without or with limited historical or statistical examples to back up claims other than the almighty hope and potential. There have actually been a few posters who posted down right blatantly erroneous statistics or had ridiculous misinterpretations to prove their points. But at the end of the day you share that opinion and you cheer it on so you give them the thumbs up while continuing to be petty in conversation with yours truly (the dick out in the park comment is a real touch of class, p00ka). I get it though. It is much easier to have hope than to accept the upside is limited to non-existent. No one was more hopeful than me for years.

Just to be clear, I would like nothing more than to be wrong about DD. He appears to be a great person and worker and if he can bring a couple of more to the table than inefficient scoring he would be a great asset. Sadly though after 4 years in the league the hope and potential reminds me very much of Bargnani with one noticeable inverse relationship. Where Bargnani lacked heart and had tonnes of natural talent, DD lacks natural talent but has tonnes of heart. In the end, both are going to be disappointments in on court production for those expecting more but the difference is DD will be tolerable because we all know he gives it his all.

Comment

Id like to see Ross at the drew. If he doesn't put up stupid number there. His official Chase Budinger.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
              X