X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Poop

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I don't.
    Until, of course, I've been prodded to by perturbed posters on the Forum! Haha
    Exactly. I don't seek him out but he finds his way here, delivered by eager posters longing for entertaining conversations during a dry spell. Come October or November these Doug Smith threads won't get my burn because there will be far better things to talk about...

ceez wrote: View Post
    I kind of rolled my eyes through the article until i read this gem:

Nothing screams delusion than that sentence right there. What an absolute tool. Did BC buy him a cottage or something?

Oh, I actually agree with Doug on one count. Colangelo did do the best he could and it resulted in vaults full of gold painted cow turds. Now he doesn't work here anymore because that was his very best.

Comment

Its about style really. Some peeps like his style and get it, some don't like it, and don't care to get it. Its ll good, but Smith isn't a dumb guy, he knows his shit.

And, they have editors...you guy know that right?

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
        Its about style really. Some peeps like his style and get it, some don't like it, and don't care to get it. Its ll good, but Smith isn't a dumb guy, he knows his shit.

And, they have editors...you guy know that right?
        You're missing the whole point. Tim's Lieweke's straight-speaking "rudeness" has been a breath of fresh air in an environment of depressing stagnation.

All this Doug Smith talk of "Canadian nuance" is bullshit. Brian deserved to be booted and pissed on because his record was less than mediocre, and Tim isn't having any of it. BC did some good things...yes. But they were heavily outweighed by his inability to spot talent or build a competitive team. (build around Bosh...really? who thought that would work? Then let Bosh go for nothing....really? Wait Andrea to blossom....really?)

The whole point is this...Doug Smith's attitude as portrayed in his tepid articles is the cancer that perpetuates a losing environment. It's this very attitude, inherent in the MLSE culture, that Tim is attempting to change.

I'm disappointed that Tim apologized, but maybe it was for internal political reasons.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
          You're missing the whole point. Tim's Lieweke's straight-speaking "rudeness" has been a breath of fresh air in an environment of depressing stagnation.

All this Doug Smith talk of "Canadian nuance" is bullshit. Brian deserved to be booted and pissed on because his record was less than mediocre, and Tim isn't having any of it. BC did some good things...yes. But they were heavily outweighed by his inability to spot talent or build a competitive team. (build around Bosh...really? who thought that would work? Then let Bosh go for nothing....really? Wait Andrea to blossom....really?)

The whole point is this...Doug Smith's attitude as portrayed in his tepid articles is the cancer that perpetuates a losing environment. It's this very attitude, inherent in the MLSE culture, that Tim is attempting to change.

I'm disappointed that Tim apologized, but maybe it was for internal political reasons.
          I've been a member here for a few years and before that was on RF. I don't remember anyone when Bosh was still here criticizing BC for trying to build around him.

He only started getting criticized after Bosh left. Maybe a few when Bosh wasn't traded by the deadline. But thing is BC was trying to convince Bosh to stick around, he was trying to make the playoffs, trying to win now. It back fired and than (rightfully so) everyone turned on him.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I actually respect Lieweke for apologizing. There were times in the last month when he went to far. It came off as classless, and I'm glad he cleared the air. BC didn't deliver on the court, but he did a lot for the marketing and branding of this franchise. He handled his position with class and respect, and represented the organization well. The firing was handled poorly, and things probably got nasty behind the scenes. I'm just glad the new regime can let go of the past and move on.
            Last edited by saints91; Mon Jul 29, 2013, 08:56 PM.

Comment

All due respect Pele, I'm pretty sure I am not missing anything here. Perhaps when a person feels like stating a guy should be "booted and pissed on" when speaking of a Managerial dismissal in pro sports may actually be missing the point more.

Business and the politics of corporate structure, culture, and public identity are pretty complicated man, maybe you don't think they are, and thats your right, to have that opinion, I don't happen to agree.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                I actually respect Lieweke for apologizing. There were times in the last month when he went to far. It came off as classless, and I'm glad he cleared the air. BC didn't deliver on the court, but he did a lot for the marketing and branding of this franchise. He handled his position with class and respect, and represented the organization well. The firing was handled poorly, and things probably got nasty behind the scenes. I'm just glad the new regime can let go of the past and move on.
                I'm inclined to agree with you. Except, Leiweke opened his mouth and said these things and now by apologizing he's contradicting himself and his entire persona or first impression..

If you're going to say bold things and be brash. You best stick to your guns and keep it that way.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  I'm inclined to agree with you. Except, Leiweke opened his mouth and said these things and now by apologizing he's contradicting himself and his entire persona or first impression..

If you're going to say bold things and be brash. You best stick to your guns and keep it that way.
                  I'm inclined to disagree with this.

There's a very famous saying that I believe is appropriate here: "Its easier to ask for Forgiveness than it is to ask for Permission."

He came in here, and shook the very ground he walked in on, firing up not just one fanbase, but several fanbase's; while upsetting a small minority of sensitive people.
                  Apologizing to them is just a face saving move that MLSE PR asked of him. Nothing more.

TL is who he is, and most people see it as a breath of fresh air.
                  To those who don't, TL will have to ask their forgiveness several times along his way to burning a path to a championship.
                  Last edited by Joey; Mon Jul 29, 2013, 11:24 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    I'm inclined to disagree with this.

There's a very famous saying that I believe is appropriate here: "Its easier to ask for Forgiveness than it is to ask for Permission."

He came in here, and shook the very ground he walked in on, firing up not just one fanbase, but several fanbase's; while upsetting a small minority of sensitive people.
                    Apologizing to them is just a face saving move that MLSE PR asked of him. Nothing more.

TL is who he is, and most people see it as a breath of fresh air.
                    To those who don't, TL will have to ask their forgiveness several times along his way to burning a path to a championship.
                    Yeah, that was evidently clear. But, nobody likes MLSE anyway,so I'm not sure what "face saving" they are trying to do

Comment

I've been a member here for a few years and before that was on RF. I don't remember anyone when Bosh was still here criticizing BC for trying to build around him.

He only started getting criticized after Bosh left. Maybe a few when Bosh wasn't traded by the deadline. But thing is BC was trying to convince Bosh to stick around, he was trying to make the playoffs, trying to win now. It back fired and than (rightfully so) everyone turned on him.
                      Sorry LBF, I have been here for a while too and remember differently. There were grumbles. Havent gone thru the archives entirely but found this thread which touches on the subject that Bosh was a dubious franchise player....and by extension disagreeing with BC.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...anchise-Player

I am sure there are other threads.

Comment

LBF wrote:
                        But, nobody likes MLSE anyway,so I'm not sure what "face saving" they are trying to do
                        They were ousting one regime for being incompetent. They didn't want to have the incoming one be seen as Bruteish or Obnoxious (ala Mark Cuban, Dan Gilbert). TL's presence did temporarily distract from the teams, and that is a no-no for any management. Always keep the focus on the product.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Sorry LBF, I have been here for a while too and remember differently. There were grumbles. Havent gone thru the archives entirely but found this thread which touches on the subject that Bosh was a dubious franchise player....and by extension disagreeing with BC.

That was a rather weak example. But, I guess i'll give it to you. To quote Roger Clemens; I "misremembered"

I even commented on said thread...

they either have a come over or slicked back hair, sometimes or always wear glasses and have a big schnaz

hahaha
                          Though, it had nothing to do with the OP...like many of my posts

EDIT: I found this

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...anchise+player

some rumblings there by apollo and the greatest troll ever in Multipaul
                          Last edited by LBF; Tue Jul 30, 2013, 12:16 AM.

Comment

I think the only reason to apologize to Colangelo was to show respect to another guy -- Jerry Colangelo.

Bryan's a big boy, and business is business.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

This thread is as close to high school gossip as anything can get.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post

Not to pile on LBF but:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...eam-quot/page2

but coaching isn't the REAL crux of the problem...the guy who hired the coach...the guy who acquired the players...isn't that the crux of the problem? i mean, why would anyone trust that any moves BC makes at this point will actually help the team.
                                This team has been on downward spiral for years now. Different players, different coaches, worse results. Only one thing hasn't changed and it's time to change it.

Colangelo has brought NOTHING to this franchise except headaches and little wiggle room
                                there are plenty of discussion questioning both directly and indirectly whether Bosh was a 'franchise player' or 'superstar' deep in annuals of RRForums. Talking about trading him before he walks, and others just letting him walk for nothing is better than trading him.

That said, I doubt those voices are the majority (mind you its quite interesting to see page after page of posts that don't go into double digit responses - is that even possible now a days?)

Comment

Working...
                                X