Tim Leiweke Apologizes to Colangelo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    Hopefully, Doug will be rewarded for his loyalty to BC by getting a job in the PR department of whatever team hires BC next.

Yet another example of why the dinosaur media is fading from existence and why people now realize the sports "media" is a joke.
    Lol

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      I've been a member here for a few years and before that was on RF. I don't remember anyone when Bosh was still here criticizing BC for trying to build around him.

He only started getting criticized after Bosh left. Maybe a few when Bosh wasn't traded by the deadline. But thing is BC was trying to convince Bosh to stick around, he was trying to make the playoffs, trying to win now. It back fired and than (rightfully so) everyone turned on him.
      BC's legacy is Bosh leaving for nada......

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
        I just came in here to say...

Doug Smith looks like the kind of guy I could see sitting on the corner of a seedy motel room bed in a wife beater and boxer shorts eating a corned beef sandwich, while a young boy, in a similar wardrobe selection is lying on the ground in the fetal position while crying... and he yells out "Shut up!! i'll take you home to your mommy when I finish my sandwich!!" while showering the kid with spit, corned beef chunks and rye crumbs.

I have nothing of any real value to add to this conversation.
        Just go to gate 2 hours prior to a home game and you can have your say directly to him. He frequently smokes outside at gate 2 around 5pm.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Were any outsiders actually shaking their heads? This seems like such a non story.
          Outsiders is just that ... those looking in at the Raptors et al.

My point is, the more mickey mouse we act, the more difficult it is to shake the stigma we already have - a foreign country in a national league. A country that's contribution of players is as a part of the International talent coming to the NBA. Technically true, but it belies our closer resemblance to the American persona, then a European persona (even though our roots suggest the latter).

Why feign over the distinction?
          For me, it does matter that we are more in tune with the USA, simply because the more blurred those lines of distinction are, the greater our chance to secure a Free Agent worthy of a Star designation. Chris Bosh's comment "it smells different" or however he phrased it, was a simple comment that characterized a hurdle Toronto faces, that no other NBA team does.

Craiger wrote: View Post
          .... If anything alot of the criticisms were directed at keeping Colangelo within arms reach in the first place and the questionable structure it left in place.
          Good business practice is to define an employee's level of authority in private. Not take little digs at that employee with all ears listening. To me, it came across as Timmy giving us a demonstration of his Ego - a character trait that Rap fans assigned to BC during his 7 years. This concerns me, as I worry about Lieweke influencing calls regarding the team. In the introductory Raptor news conferences, TL shared his thoughts on what needs to happen, as opposed to letting Masai direct that. This latest conference offered an alternate philosophy - the possibility of a sell-off, subject to an unknown point in time during the season.

What is ironic, is that BC's legacy could have left us with that elusive Franchise player we keep wanting to tank over. A talent that was picked, despite contract issues delaying his arrival, and for which probably caused a quicker demise.

Of course BC did that with several million stuffed in his pocket.

Craig wrote: View Post
          Ok, but you miss the point. He isn't sop much apologizing just for things he may have said. It was the treatment, the role change, the keeping Colangelo on in some silly made up position. It was a huge Gaff and everyone knew it.

Had the guy just simply used the standard process used to let GM's and coaches go, cut ties, thanked him for his hard work, and moved on, EVERYONE would have been better off. Thats not what they did.
          I concur.

I realize how some feel about Doug Smith. Reality is though, most fans can only dream of having an inside connection, like Smith does. Yeah ... he's a homer at times, and he makes some strange statements at other times, but there are times when he has a point - even if he adds too much Liberace embellishment.

Last edited by RapthoseLeafs; Tue Jul 30, 2013, 10:26 PM.

Comment

I'm gonna like this fellow if I stick around. Great post my friend, I can tell you have been on this horrific ride as long as I.

Comment

4 pages
              colangelo
              what is with you people and your obsessions with colangelo

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Or do the people keeping him there owe you an apology? You know, they're a lot of the same people who led to the downward spiral and the hiring of Babcock as well...
                Good point. Further illustrates how low Colangelo's apology is in the list of importance.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  Just go to gate 2 hours prior to a home game and you can have your say directly to him. He frequently smokes outside at gate 2 around 5pm.
                  I already got my meeting with him planned.... "Hey are you......" pause until you see the glimmer of joy in eye for a split second "...the dude who played the child molesting priest in the movie Doubt?"

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    I already got my meeting with him planned.... "Hey are you......" pause until you see the glimmer of joy in eye for a split second "...the dude who played the child molesting priest in the movie Doubt?"
                    Mistaking Doug Smith for Philip Seymour Hoffman is far too grand a compliment to pay him.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      What do you mean why? are you high?
                      He has no reason to apologize. He's got nothing to do with the team.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Not anymore, but he did for 7 years.

Comment

Not anymore, but he did for 7 years.
                          The past is the past. Can't do nothing about it. Just move on
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Q:...Who was running the team for the last 7 years?
                            A: Bryan Colangelo

Q: Were we remotely good in the time span?
                            A: Besides year 1, No.

Q: But 7 years is a LONG time...
                            A: Exactly. Not sure what you don't get here LBF. Lol

Comment

The past is the past. Can't do nothing about it. Just move on
                              Agreed. But we can say the same about Lieweke apologizing to Colangelo. The past is the past, no need to apologize to Bryan. Just move on.

Comment

Agreed. But we can say the same about Lieweke apologizing to Colangelo. The past is the past, no need to apologize to Bryan. Just move on.
                                But he's part of the organization. He's got to try and please everyone. Bryan's gone.

Leiweke is the head of MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X