Brandon Knight to Bucks as a part of the package for Brandon Jennings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Knight to Bucks as a part of the package for Brandon Jennings

Well, Jennings did not get his 10-12 mils per year, but.. at least there will be no awkward situation between Bucks club and him

Will have to see how everything goes down but Bucks are getting a whole pile of nothing. Knight has been a big disappointment.

Comment

lol is it just me or does this seem like a team BC would come up with? Overpay for players who aren't worth their contract. Smith isn't worth his four-year, $54 million deal especially if you're gonna pay him to play SF and to chuck shots all day long! Jennings isn't really worth his three-year, $24 million contract either. He gambles on defense, settles for long twos all the time, and his isolation game is horrible. Not to mention both Smith and Jennings can be headcases from time to time! I don't think Jennings really solves the Pistons' shooting problems. IMO, I think this makes it actually worse. Sure Jennings will put up more points than Knight will but at the cost of efficiency. Not a big fan of the trade...

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        Will have to see how everything goes down but Bucks are getting a whole pile of nothing. Knight has been a big disappointment.
        Knight has been a disappointment especially from the hype going into the NBA, but I still prefer him to Jennings. Anyways, recently Detroit doesn't have an amazing track record of developing their draft picks outside of Monroe, and Stucky. Drummond doesn't count as it's too soon to say.

Comment

And with this Milwaukee cements what might be the worst offseason in the past 10 years of any team.

sign OJ Mayo for 8M per
          sign Zaza for 8M per
          acquire "PG" Brandon Knight and scrubs

Lose Jennings, Ellis and Redick for basically nothing

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
            And with this Milwaukee cements what might be the worst offseason in the past 10 years of any team.

sign OJ Mayo for 8M per
            sign Zaza for 8M per

Why should be we complaining...? One less team to compete against for playoffs...

Comment

sign OJ Mayo for 8M per
              sign Zaza for 8M per

Zaza got 5 mil. Still too much. 8 mil be be absurd, Omer Asik money.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                Brandon Knights career was over the moment he hit the floor from the DeAndre dunk

Comment

sign OJ Mayo for 8M per
                  sign Zaza for 8M per

...Someone needs to update the tank-meter.

Comment

Detroit has a lot to prove now and Milwaukee definitely wants in on the Wiggins/Parker sweepstakes next year..unless they really believe this is a playoff team and to that I say..

#KevinDurant2016 #InMasaiWeTrust

Raptor Land

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                      lol is it just me or does this seem like a team BC would come up with? Overpay for players who aren't worth their contract. Smith isn't worth his four-year, $54 million deal especially if you're gonna pay him to play SF and to chuck shots all day long! Jennings isn't really worth his three-year, $24 million contract either. He gambles on defense, settles for long twos all the time, and his isolation game is horrible. Not to mention both Smith and Jennings can be headcases from time to time! I don't think Jennings really solves the Pistons' shooting problems. IMO, I think this makes it actually worse. Sure Jennings will put up more points than Knight will but at the cost of efficiency. Not a big fan of the trade...
                      You are bang on lol (except for part about Knight being more efficient than Jennings... not really tbh). I have a feeling if BC was still our GM our team would look like this right now:

Jennings
                      DeMar
                      Gay
                      Smoove
                      Val

With Amir, Lowry, Ross and our 2014 and 2016 1st round picks gone.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                        3/25 for Jennings is outrageous. The guy is a replacement player. Dumars is throwing around money like the chairman of the Federal Reserve.
                        It's only fitting that a Brandon commented on this thread!

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                          3/25 for Jennings is outrageous. The guy is a replacement player. Dumars is throwing around money like the chairman of the Federal Reserve.
                          Theese contracts are pretty decent compared to Ben Gordon and Charlie V, but just because those were so awful even Colangelo probably was like: "What the fuck is this guy doing"?

Comment

You are bang on lol (except for part about Knight being more efficient than Jennings... not really tbh). I have a feeling if BC was still our GM our team would look like this right now:

Jennings
                            DeMar
                            Gay
                            Smoove
                            Val

With Amir, Lowry, Ross and our 2014 and 2016 1st round picks gone.
                            Not really. Personally, if you compare the two, I think Knight is an overall much more efficient player especially if you consider the fact that Jennings has 2 seasons over Knight and the fact that Jennings was the number two option on offense for the Bucks last season. If Jennings doesn't show maturity and improvement offensively and defensively, I'm confident saying that I think Knight have an overall better career than Jennings. Hopefully, Billups will straighten him up!

Comment

Detroit's starting backcourt is now:

Jennings - chucker
                              Stuckey - chucker
                              Josh Smith - chucker

No way they're making the playoffs this year. Everything will have to work out perfectly for that to happen. Even two relatively solid bigs in Drummond/Monroe can even that out.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                              X