This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    As a note, 2M for 2 years is literally the minimum for a player with his experience. Could not have spent less on him. Especially considering the 2nd unguaranteed year.

And a note for the list of unguaranteed contracts someone posted above - Amir's contract is guaranteed for 5 of his 7 M next year - no way they waive him to save 2 M.
    Cheers Dan. Are you the same DanH as the one at RF? If so, do you mind if we call you "Larry Coon" here because of your vast knowledge of NBA salary caps?

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      Just thought I would mention that MU has slowly created the following scenario (Acy, Amir, Aaron, KL obviously non MU pieces)

Austin Daye - 2 years 2nd year non guaranteed.
      Amir Johnson - 2 years 2nd year non guaranteed.
      Aaron Gray - 1 year expiring
      DJ Augustin - 1 year expiring
      Quincy Acy - 2 years 2nd year non guaranteed
      Dwight Buycks - 2 years 2nd year non guaranteed
      Tyler Hansbrough - 2 years 2nd year non guaranteed
      Kyle Lowry - 1 year expiring
      Q-Rich - 3 years 2nd and 3rd year not guaranteed
      Rudy - 2 years (2nd year player option)

Only DeMar Novak, JV, Ross and Landry are guaranteed beyond this season
      gay might as well be guaranteed as well.

like i mentioned in another post. MU said that "2 year plan" in that SN590 interview, but in reality seems more like they are def aiming for 2014 FA.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
        I don't really care to the point where I'm forcing you to change it. I just don't understand you.
        looool, allow Xixak he knows his shit well..
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

nothing says 4th seed in the east like Austin Daye
          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
          No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Any possible comparison between Austin Daye and Corey Brewer? Because physically they seem similar.
            This is pretty much what I was thinking. Very similar to when he picked up Brewer. 3&D.
            Stand outside and clear the lane on O, and he's got long arms that will be effective in the Zone or otherwise for spot minutes.

I'm not blown away by this signing, but I'm not upset by it either.

DanH wrote:
            And a note for the list of unguaranteed contracts someone posted above - Amir's contract is guaranteed for 5 of his 7 M next year - no way they waive him to save 2 M.
            If that $2M is the difference between signing 1 big name Free Agent or 2 big names, then I could see Masai doing it.
            Can always resign him if he clears Waivers.

Comment

with MU I think it is best to examine all his moves together. He has now signed Hansbrough, Augustin, Buycks, and Daye. He picked up Q-Rich, Novak and three picks for Bargs. However each of these moves individually have varying degrees of meh factor, all of them together, look pretty damn good for a guy who was facing 74 million in contracts and not a chance in hell of passing the second round.
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Meh. I don't get it. He's young, but he needs to add muscle. If they can move Fields, this makes some sense. But I would prefer a kid that can be stashed in the D-League for the end of the bench... This is the 'best highlights' I could find on him.

BTW he's playing in the Drew League right now. Not that that means anything.

Comment

Can't wait to hear interview from Masai why he signed Austin!

Comment

Can someone just confirm for me the end of our bench? By my math we have 16 guys under contract if we did in fact sign stone and q rich was still on our team. Can someone clarify the back end of the bench for me?

Comment

Been trying to get excited about this in some way. Can't. Meh signing. Daye's not a good player. But whatever, and end of bench player who can shoot.

Shooting seems to be the theme with end of benchers. Novak, Q-Rich (if he has any playing value left), DJ, Daye...these guys can all at least shoot the ball. You can maybe throw in Buycks, but I think they might hope to invest in his development and hope he's a keeper, even as a backup. Guessing MU figures shooting always has value. If they are asked to step up and play, at least they bring something to the table. And that something might be attractive to another team for even a small asset mid-season.

Comment

urbanmonk15 wrote: View Post
                        Can someone just confirm for me the end of our bench? By my math we have 16 guys under contract if we did in fact sign stone and q rich was still on our team. Can someone clarify the back end of the bench for me?
                        We never signed Stone, and have no intention too. That boat has sailed.. as far as I know.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                          It seems like MU likes signing low risk young unproven talent which is better than overpaying for role player. I don't hate the signing. Just a "meh". I guess he has potential to be a good role player on our team.
                          Exactly. since there's really no money to throw around, Masai seems to be going for players who are low risk(salary-wise), high reward types with a chip on their shoulders and has lots to prove.

I'm fine with the signing.

Comment

Not that I care much about Colangelo, I do find it interesting how NOTHING this new guy does is looked upon poorly, everything he has done, people try to find some way to make it a "brilliant move".

You got guys saying "tank or no tank", others talking about Toronto "finally headed in the right direction".

All that is happening is yet another complete reset. Except. there is one real issue here, there is enough talent iin he starting five to make resetting more difficult.

The way I'm seeing it, MU is banking on having the option to either draft Wiggans, or, cut a crap load of salary by waiving non-guaranteed guys to trade acquired picks or stiffs to whoever has the #1 pick, thus allowing them to draft wiggans, yet have room to take on some horrid albatross of a contract from that team.

Big ifs, but not all bad really.

Time will tell. But honestly, MU is signing stiffs like mad right now in hopes of a true dive.

Comment

Whatever else may happen, this is charming as all get out:

somebody gotta tell the dude that French is not so much a Toronto thing

Comment

should trade his ass to MOntreal ASAP!

Comment

Working...
                                X