Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other teams moves = change in Raptors plans? or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to suggest Cleveland again as a natural destination for Rudy. Since they're committing to playing Bennett at power forward, SF is the position at which they're weakest - a platoon of Alonzo "Meh" Gee, Earl Clark and Sergei Karasev. They're also clearly transitioning into win-now, have a superstar PG who would work very well with Rudy, and a host of picks to trade.

Something along the lines of Rudy for Gee, Tristan Thompson and picks - Cleveland's 2014 first plus one of the 2015 picks they're owed (Memphis and Miami). I can certainly see that happening.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Yeah, I could see an Okafor + Ariza + 2014 pick (top 3 protected) for Gay + Gray trade. Doubt we get a pick and a prospect - probably one or the other. Can't do your deal, as they'd have to send out more salary to absorb Gay's contract.
      Grunfeld is one of the worst GM's in the league.. I wouldn't be to surprised if they gave up a pick and a prospect for Gay.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
        Washington would not do Beal or Porter straight up for Gay, let alone throw in picks and expirings.
        Most teams wouldn't.. but Washington is one of those poorly run teams. MU could easily get a ransom if he pressed hard enough. The Wiz have been out of the playoffs a long time.. I'm sure they'd open their wallets for a chance to get their home town talent.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Most teams wouldn't.. but Washington is one of those poorly run teams. MU could easily get a ransom if he pressed hard enough. The Wiz have been out of the playoffs a long time.. I'm sure they'd open their wallets for a chance to get their home town talent.
          Beals is very close to untouchable, and for pretty good reason. They reportedly turned down a Harden deal because they didn't want to let go of Beals.

Comment

Beal-for-Rudy won't happen, period. Beal has too much upside for Washington to do something that silly, especially considering the weakness of shooting guard across the league.

Porter-for-Rudy is remotely possible, because, when you get right down to it, the hope for Otto Porter is that he basically turns out to be the next Rudy. The logic for Porter over Rudy is you get three-quarters of Rudy at a quarter of the cost for the next few years; the logic for Rudy over Porter is that you get Rudy right now rather than having Probably Is Rudy In A Few Years.

Comment

Beals is very close to untouchable, and for pretty good reason. They reportedly turned down a Harden deal because they didn't want to let go of Beals.
              Okay right.. I remember that too now.. I do know the Wiz had offered Memphis a 'good' package for Gay so they were at one time interested. Beals could be off the table but Porter might not.. and if you added a protection to the 2014 pick I could see that being available as well. Okafor+Porter+2014 pick for Gay+Gray.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                Okay right.. I remember that too now.. I do know the Wiz had offered Memphis a 'good' package for Gay so they were at one time interested. Beals could be off the table but Porter might not.. and if you added a protection to the 2014 pick I could see that being available as well. Okafor+Porter+2014 pick for Gay+Gray.
                Washington is the same team that traded their 2009 5th pick for Mike Miller and Randy Foye (which could've landed them Curry, Rubio, etc.) so I understand what you mean when you say Grunfeld is one of the worst GM's. But apparently their in love with Beal so this is more realistic

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
                  DETROIT IS NOT TRADING US DRUMMOND FOR GAY.

And to add a 2014 pick (which they don't have btw)? Are you nuts?
                  A: I did say it was quite tenforthewin-ish

B: It was 2-friggin-A.M. (my time)

Comment

I'd say you're wrong about all three but definitely Cleveland and Washington. The Cavs have 4 players who were taken in the top four during the last 3 drafts... the oldest one is Tristan Thompson who turned 22 a couple months ago. They'll have enough cap room next summer to add a max player and they have 4 more first rounders over the next two drafts. Washington has 3 top five picks from the last 4 drafts and only something like $20 million guaranteed in salary going into next summer.
                    Couldnt agree more about Clevland. They are going to be back competiting for titles within 3 years max... mark my words.

Comment

Working...
                    X