Clevelands Draft Picks Since Lebron Left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    The thing I really don't get is why Cleveland doesn't take more shit for passing on Drummond? They needed a C. They even took Zeller with a lower pick. And I think even trying to look back objectively it's hard to understand, as Waiters was an underwhelming wing prospect, and Drummond had concerns, but had consensus top 5 potential in that draft. In hindsight, it's just plain nuts. I mean, they'd probably trade Zeller and Waiters for Drummond if it was on the table, with no hesitation.

*Edit: just to say on the last part there...I hope they move TT. I hope they move him to Toronto. THat would make me happy. A JV, TT, Amir frontcourt for years would make me very happy indeed, assuming they can hang on to Amir.
    I think everybody was scared of Drummond and rightfully so.. he had major bust written all over him. He has the size and potential but he doesn't play basketball very well (can't shoot, and wasn't a very good rebounder for his size in college). Detroit gambled and its working out, but there is also a lot of luck there.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      I think everybody was scared of Drummond and rightfully so.. he had major bust written all over him. He has the size and potential but he doesn't play basketball very well (can't shoot, and wasn't a very good rebounder for his size in college). Detroit gambled and its working out, but there is also a lot of luck there.
      I understand the bust part...but what about Waiters was a safe pick? That one had people scratching their heads. Still does. Even in Cleveland probably. I think if I was that scared, I would've taken Drummond and still taken Zeller. I could see that competition motivating Drummond and him coming in pumped like he did for Detroit. And if not, Zeller is insurance as a safer pick, albeit with a lower ceiling.

*I mean, they passed on Drummond, who had gamechanging C potential. But ok, there was concern about his motor. They also passed on Barnes, who projected to be a good 2-way SF prospect, for a SG who doesn't do anything particularly well.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
        Ummm.... that's VERY debatable.

A healthy Kyrie and healthy Bynum is arguably a better supporting cast for LBJ than Wade and Bosh (even when healthy).

Also a younger supporting cast, it would give LBJ like another 5 year title window...
        I think Cleveland looks like a huge shit pie. I have no idea how the pieces will fit, we'll just have to wait and see

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          I think Cleveland looks like a huge shit pie. I have no idea how the pieces will fit, we'll just have to wait and see
          Well they have some Canadian flavour. So it would be cool if they were good.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            Well they have some Canadian flavour. So it would be cool if they were good.
            As much as i'd like them to succeed. They are a conference rival and therefore... MUST BE OBLITERATED!

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              As much as i'd like them to succeed. They are a conference rival and therefore... MUST BE OBLITERATED!
              Not by us, that's for sure.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                not by us, that's for sure.
                yes by us!

Comment

No
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

No
                    Yes

Comment

I disagree- ish

Comment

I disagree- ish
                        Cleveland Prepare to meet your maker!

Comment

I am going to be watching some Celtics games for similar reasons. I haven't seen Bennett much and I haven't watched Thompson much since he was at Texas, but I have followed the amazing story of KO from Gonzaga bench warmer to lottery pick to summer league all star.

Last edited by stretch; Thu Aug 8, 2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X